PalestineMyHeart

Rachel Jeantel Gets the Trayvon Martin Treatment

284 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If this same witness or another similar to her - a dark-skinned teenager who grew up speaking Creole and Spanish - happened to have been on the phone with George Zimmerman rather than Trayvon Martin, and testified for the defense rather than the prosecution, with the same type of performance in court (the same demeanor, vocabulary and grammar; the same types of discrepancies in various details unrelated to the basic facts of the case - why she lied about her age, why she lied about not attending a funeral, etc.) I can't imagine that this thread would contain the type of vitriol that has been expressed for her here.

If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their @ss on the ground when they hop.

Her testimony was a gift to the defense because she lied and changed her story over and over and because the prosecution has to prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt" Her testimony is nothing BUT reasonable doubt.

She speaks that way because no one corrected her and no expected her to speak properly. She is poorly educated, illiterate in three languages because racists make excuses for her. Because no one in her home demanded she speak properly, study hard and get an education. It is ridiculous. Now the same racists who trapped her where she is make excuses for her to keep her where she is. If she pops out just 2 children, she can make more than $3500 per month in benefits, including EBT cash, for NOT working. Where do you think this woman could get a job paying more than that after taxes? and that does not even count the $5400 EIC she will get on "income tax"

Yet this woman was born into a multi-lingual house and had an English education. She should be in demand for interpretation and translation work which pays very well, especially if she were employed in international business. She could use her language skills in any number of ways for a very good future. Instead she is mumbling her way through multiple stories to defend a thug.

The ones making excuses for her believe she is inferior and want her to stay right where she is.

We created another young person for whom welfare is their best hope for the future. Congratulations.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

None of what you just posted would be a concern to you if she was a witness for the defense.

She WAS a witness for the defense BECAUSE of what she did.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Would you have same argument if you are hit in the face?

Yes she would. And that is fine. I support her right to choose to be unarmed and submissive to criminals. She WILL call someone with a gun if she can.

I am pro-choice and support her right to make that choice. She can not make it for me.

Just a point here. It really doesn't matter if someone "deserves" to be killed or not. What matters is was it legal for GZ to shoot/kill TM? Personally I think the answer is yes, it was legal. I think the jury will come to the same conclusion based on Florida law. If you don't like the answer, and you live in Florida, I would suggest contacting the state representative for your district and ask them to do something about changing the law. If they do not, take it up at the ballot box next election.

good.gif

Gary And Alla

Lets look at some of these videos to see how kids behave these days so we can stop just singling out black kids. Lets see how some other races of people behave and let's stop just singling out black people. Please take a look at these videos.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHFygUxtOo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2iQqw_jZEc

Look at these grown ups

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRnfxeyJ6IU&feature=related

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5IW0fU17o

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4JFzTMqXc&feature=relmfu

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Pp-WD37EI&feature=relmfu

Timeline

Would you have the same argument if you were hit in the face repeatedly and you were physically unable to make them stop. The person is on top of you pounding your head onto the pavement and you cannot do anything to make them stop. You are powerless. Are you just supposed to take the beating and hope the person stops before you're dead?

Yes, she would. Actually, she would call someone else to bring a gun, if she could. Crime is usually stopped by a good guy with a gun. That can be a police officer or it can be a legally armed citizen, but the point is to get a good guy there with a gun ASAP, that is why police have lights and sirens. When attacked you do not call fire fighters because they do not have guns.

Whenever there is a crime, everyone agrees you need a good guy with a gun. I just bring my own.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

yes.

I don't have the right to take another person's life, no matter what the provocation .

But to be clear, you would call police, who have guns, and THEY might kill the person, right? Are you OK with that?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Fortunately I don't live in the state concerned.

Btw, wanna play Russian roulette, and man up?

ALL states have concealed carry, self defense and deadly force rules. ALL. Most are very similar to Florida. Florida is by no means unusual. what state are you in and I can tell you what your laws are.

I am a reponsible gun owner and do not play stupid games with firearms.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Lets not forget, this is America, where we approve of killings, no problem, no matter how old the person is, unless it hits close to home, if you know what I mean.

As far as the little videos some of you posted, I am at work so I will not search my computer. But there are plenty of videos on youtube with white kids beating black kids, black kids beating white kids, and the mixes go on. It starts from the home first.

But from some of the post I see on here, the violence and racism will continue. I see right now what you will be teaching your children. It is okay to take someone's life, just make sure that they are black.

It is never okay to kill.

You seem to be the one mentioning race, I know I am not. I taught my children no such thing.

I agree it is never "OK to kill."

I take that to mean it is not OK to kill me or my family. It is not "ok" for me to kill someone that tries to kill myself or my family but it may be necessary. I mean, you WOULD call police and police have guns...the guns are not for paperweights or to look cool. They are to KILL. Why would you call people with guns?

What GZ did is not "OK", it is terrible that ot was necessary. It is not a crime. It is still homocide, but there is an affirmative defense to the homicide. He will not go to prison for it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You know, you don't often meet somebody who is a true pacifist. I don't mind if they don't believe in defending themselves as long as they don't want to take that right away from others.

Sort of true, but not really.

She would call police, who have guns, so she would "defend herself" by asking someone else with a gun to do it for her. I object to people deciding for me that I must use their method of self defense for myself. Fortunately we do not have to and we can respect their right to rely on other people with guns while retaining our right to defend ourselves with our own guns.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Lets look at some of these videos to see how kids behave these days so we can stop just singling out black kids. Lets see how some other races of people behave and let's stop just singling out black people. Please take a look at these videos.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHFygUxtOo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2iQqw_jZEc

Look at these grown ups

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRnfxeyJ6IU&feature=related

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5IW0fU17o

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4JFzTMqXc&feature=relmfu

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Pp-WD37EI&feature=relmfu

Thanks, but I have not singled out kids, blacks, black kids, goats, bears, whales or octopi.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their @ss on the ground when they hop.

Her testimony was a gift to the defense because she lied and changed her story over and over and because the prosecution has to prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt" Her testimony is nothing BUT reasonable doubt.

She speaks that way because no one corrected her and no expected her to speak properly. She is poorly educated, illiterate in three languages because racists make excuses for her. Because no one in her home demanded she speak properly, study hard and get an education. It is ridiculous. Now the same racists who trapped her where she is make excuses for her to keep her where she is. If she pops out just 2 children, she can make more than $3500 per month in benefits, including EBT cash, for NOT working. Where do you think this woman could get a job paying more than that after taxes? and that does not even count the $5400 EIC she will get on "income tax"

Yet this woman was born into a multi-lingual house and had an English education. She should be in demand for interpretation and translation work which pays very well, especially if she were employed in international business. She could use her language skills in any number of ways for a very good future. Instead she is mumbling her way through multiple stories to defend a thug.

The ones making excuses for her believe she is inferior and want her to stay right where she is.

We created another young person for whom welfare is their best hope for the future. Congratulations.

As far as I've seen, she didn't change her story at all about what she says she heard on the phone before and during the incident in question.

The rest of your post (rant) is a bunch of conjecture, stereotypes and smears which have nothing to do with the content of her testimony. We know that she's still in high school, so it seems she's still working on her education. And she was on the stand because she had to be.

There seems to be a continuing theme with you: outrage at people who don't tell the story you want to hear.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

As far as I've seen, she didn't change her story at all about what she says she heard on the phone before and during the incident in question.

The rest of your post (rant) is a bunch of conjecture, stereotypes and smears which have nothing to do with the content of her testimony. We know that she's still in high school, so it seems she's still working on her education. And she was on the stand because she had to be.

There seems to be a continuing theme with you: outrage at people who don't tell the story you want to hear.

She is 19 and should be in college, 2nd year at least. That is a failure of our education system designed to keep her where she is.

Her story was exactly what I wanted to hear. I am not making excuses for her. I have -0- outrage.

This is pretty simple, really. I believe blacks are equal to whites. You don't. You make excuses why they "can't" and I say they CAN. You believe they are inferior and cannot be expected to do as well as whites, I believe they are equal and should be expected to do as well as whites.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

But to be clear, you would call police, who have guns, and THEY might kill the person, right? Are you OK with that?

The police are better trained than I in making judgment calls in such incidents。Also their uniform carries some weight, and would have an affect on the assailant .

So tell me, what is it like to be in the Ukraine without a gun? Are you less safe?

If this same witness or another similar to her - a dark-skinned teenager who grew up speaking Creole and Spanish - happened to have been on the phone with George Zimmerman rather than Trayvon Martin, and testified for the defense rather than the prosecution, with the same type of performance in court (the same demeanor, vocabulary and grammar; the same types of discrepancies in various details unrelated to the basic facts of the case - why she lied about her age, why she lied about not attending a funeral, etc.) I can't imagine that this thread would contain the type of vitriol that has been expressed for her here.

I think you might be mistaken. The Spanish lady (the one who didn't testify in English) seemed like a good witness. She just told her story as she saw it and she did not help the defense either.

Nobody had a problem with her or what she said.

i don't get it.