3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have found this forum to be so helpful so far, so I'm hoping someone out there sees this and give give us some advice.

We were approved on May 10 (yay!) and then I received (I'm the petitioner) a letter from NVC with our case number within two weeks after that.

Our understanding from the Naples Consulate was that my fiance was waiting on Packet 3 to be received from the consulate.

After waiting about two weeks, we read on here that you can fax in DS-230 Part 1 and the Applicant's Statement and then will receive instructions for an interview.

My fiance did this last week, and today I received an e-mail that states:

Good Morning,

Thank you for submitting the DS 230 form. Please refer to our website, www.usembassy.it, after July 15th for directions on how to schedule your appointment via the online system.

Regards,

IV Unit

Naples, Italy

Most people I've read on here received a phone number and weren't asked to wait more than a week. We are okay with following instructions, but we also don't want to miss any opportunities to move this along faster if possible, like we did in waiting for Packet 3. Is there any reason we can't attempt to schedule the interview sooner? Any other advice?
Thanks for the help :)

K-1 Visa Journey

2012-11-10 - Sent I-129F Petition
2012-11-15 - 1st Notice of Action
2012-11-16 - Application Fee Deposited
2013-05-10 - 2nd Notice of Action
2013-05-24 - National Visa Center Letter
2013-06-28 - Notice of Appt. Process
2013-07-12 - Notice of Interview Date!
2013-07-22 - Medical Exam
2013-07-23 - Interview

Timeline

Okay, so I actually just went through their website and it looks like they're updating their visa appointment system! Bad timing for us, but there it is!

Will still take advice if anyone has it...sorry for not doing my research first! So used to being confused by what the USCIS tells us :-/

K-1 Visa Journey

2012-11-10 - Sent I-129F Petition
2012-11-15 - 1st Notice of Action
2012-11-16 - Application Fee Deposited
2013-05-10 - 2nd Notice of Action
2013-05-24 - National Visa Center Letter
2013-06-28 - Notice of Appt. Process
2013-07-12 - Notice of Interview Date!
2013-07-22 - Medical Exam
2013-07-23 - Interview

Timeline

Hello, Marie.

I received that same email this morning. I am the petitioner and my fiance Faxed the DS230 Part 1 and Application Statement on June 8. He called earlier this week, spoke to someone (after spending 15Euros) and they said, "It's still processing. Call back on Monday 7/1 if you have not received the email." Unfortunately this new online process will take another few weeks. So we now have to wait close to 6 weeks before even getting to schedule the interview. Bad news is our peition (which toook 10 months to the day to get) expires on Aug. 15. So he only will have a month to get the interview in, plus make travel arrangements, etc.. I wanted to be there for the interview, too, for support, but not sure now since I would have to make last-minute flights, get off work at the last minute, as well. I am so frustrated right now. My fiance did call today today after I got the email this morning, to try to plead to get an interview scheduled. He waited 25 minutes before speaing to someone (of course, they took the 15 euros first before the wait time), and was told to go to the website. They will do nothing! And now we must wait until July 15 at the earliest to try to schedule. I would love to know WHY they decided to implement a new web system during the busiest time. I work for a web software compaany and implementing a new system like this involves an expectaion of possible bugs and issues once you go live. And knowing how much traffic will be going to the site on July 15 most likely will cause long times or even possible site crashes. Why they are doing this in the "BUSY SEASON" is beyond me.

I'm sorry we (and others) are having to go through this. If I learn more I will share here. If I may ask, when does your petition expire? To give you and idea, USCIS received my petition on July 20, 2012. This process has taken over a year to when he "could" have an interview. And even that is not a gaurantee. Life can really be hard some days. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.