yogi3859

I need a repeat X-ray - how long to delay my interview?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I travelled down to London from Cheshire on Tuesday for my medical 25th June 2013. All went well, very efficient... until the next day when i got a phone call to say that the x-ray showed i had a chest infection and that i needed to speak to my own doctor, get on antibiotics and COME BACK FOR A REPEAT X-RAY in 4-6 weeks AAAGGHHHH!! I felt fine. I had no idea that i had a chest infection I even did a 10 mile run around Regents Park while i was waiting for my train back after the medical.

Anyway, my question...

I now have all my forms etc together. The only thing I require now is this extra x-ray in 4-6 weeks. So do I send in the form to say I'm ready for interview now? and how long after sending in the ready for interview form does it take to get an interview? And if all goes well at the interview do I get my visa there and then? My plan is to get married late September this year which is only 3 months away!

Just a word for those going for a medical. I arrived 2 hours early because of train times and asked if they wanted to see me now or should I come back at my appointed time? They fitted me in straight away and I was all done in about an hour. It was busy but very efficient. No worries... unless you need a repeat x-ray!

I'm sorry to hear this. There's another VJ member waiting for a second x-ray for exactly the same reason (her username is diath - http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=116633). I don't think she's been able to have an appointment scheduled for her yet, because of her medical delay.

Theoretically, London won't schedule an appointment until they've got your medical results and I assume the surgery is holding back sending those results until you return.

You can return all your DS forms whenever you're ready, however, and I would do now. I'd put on the cover letter (that goes with the DS-2001) the situation with the medical result delay (and when you're expecting to return for the second x-ray, can you book that now?) and state the date of your wedding and intended travel plans. That way they can hopefully schedule you an interview so you can still make that date (London's usually pretty good about making sure people can make dates).

You won't get your visa the same day as the interview - they take your passport on the day, then courier it back to you a couple of days later with the visa in it.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Thanks for your reply :)

I have already sent the ds forms back. I've contacted the medical people and scheduled another appointment for 25th July so fingers crossed I will be fine by then (I still feel fine now!). I'm betting it was a smudge on the X-ray machine lens lol.

I just wondered how long it normally takes after you send in the ready for interview form?

I guess I will write and explain the situation as you suggest :)

Timeline

Finally!! I've been looking all over the forums for someone else with our problem.

My Fiance' has to repeat his chest X-ray as well. They told him he had a "shadow" on his lung and sent him to his GP to get a round of antibiotics to clear up what they think is a lung infection. Totally frustrating because he also had no symptoms!

I told my Fiance' to schedule a chest X-ray with his GP just before his medical to make sure he was cleared there. I would hate for him to travel back to London just to be told that it still hadn't cleared up.

This has totally messed up our timeline and wedding plans unsure.png

~You to me are everything; the sweetest song that I could sing.~

• 1 month later...

Happened to me, too. Unfortunately in other countries a chest infection when it's clear it's not TB is not a reason to hold back the medical results, obviously in the UK it is. My husband and me spent hours on the phone and argued but no chance. They wanted me to come back in 6 weeks as well but I couldn't wait that long since we had the house lease cancelled and the movers came 10 days after my appointment and I wouldn't have a place to stay. I am German and couldn't even go back to Germany because to them I would have needed a UK address so they could contact me.
They wanted me to come back in 6 weeks and do another x-ray, pretty much the whole exam, a letter from my doctor was not accepted :/
I hope it works out for you guys!

IR1/CR1 Visa - DCF at London Embassy

April 16, 2013: Mailed out I-130

April 18, 2013: Date Petition filed
May 13, 2013: APPROVED!
May 22, 2013: Case Number received
June 3, 2013: Mailed out DS-230 & DS-2001
June 4, 2013: Medical Exam at Bentick Mansion
Unfortunately I have to re-do it in 6 + weeks as I was diagnosed with pneumonia
June 22, 2013 I traveled to the USA with the plan of returning to the UK, spoke to a Immigration lawyer and he told me to change my status and go the AOS route.
Since 2014 I am a permanent resident.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Pleased to see I'm not the only one! I travelled from Wales to London on August 7th for my medical, I thought I'd sailed through until I reveived a call 2 days later saying that a shadow had come up on my xray. They suggested I arrange a visit to my own GP and ask for a course of antibiotics for a chest infection. Again, I feel perfectly well! My doctor insisted on an xray first, so am due back in their tomorrow to check out the results, if its a chest infection, I will be having another xray to check it's clear before making my second appointment in London. We had planned for an October Wedding, this will set Mark and I back over 7 weeks :(

Finally!! I've been looking all over the forums for someone else with our problem.

My Fiance' has to repeat his chest X-ray as well. They told him he had a "shadow" on his lung and sent him to his GP to get a round of antibiotics to clear up what they think is a lung infection. Totally frustrating because he also had no symptoms!

I told my Fiance' to schedule a chest X-ray with his GP just before his medical to make sure he was cleared there. I would hate for him to travel back to London just to be told that it still hadn't cleared up.

When did you have your repeat medical? Might just be coincidence, but we saw a guy who looked a lot like your fiance in the waiting room when we went on August 8th.

My fiance's sat next to me and when I was scrolling through this topic, he saw your fiance in the avatar and was like "Isn't that guy we saw in the waiting room?". Ours was booked for 10.50am.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline

When did you have your repeat medical? Might just be coincidence, but we saw a guy who looked a lot like your fiance in the waiting room when we went on August 8th.

My fiance's sat next to me and when I was scrolling through this topic, he saw your fiance in the avatar and was like "Isn't that guy we saw in the waiting room?". Ours was booked for 10.50am.

He was there August 8 at 11am! He's hard to miss with the beard and the height! :)

Timeline

Pleased to see I'm not the only one! I travelled from Wales to London on August 7th for my medical, I thought I'd sailed through until I reveived a call 2 days later saying that a shadow had come up on my xray. They suggested I arrange a visit to my own GP and ask for a course of antibiotics for a chest infection. Again, I feel perfectly well! My doctor insisted on an xray first, so am due back in their tomorrow to check out the results, if its a chest infection, I will be having another xray to check it's clear before making my second appointment in London. We had planned for an October Wedding, this will set Mark and I back over 7 weeks sad.png

We thought the same thing - but if you have sent all your paper work through to the embassy the will schedule your interview WITHOUT your medical being complete even though it states that you will be sent away on the website. Hang in there. Ross was able to return for his interview on August 8th and then go back for his chest films that day and they sent them through to the embassy the next day. We thought we would be held up for another 8+ weeks but we are looking at the same timeline now. smile.png

He was there August 8 at 11am! He's hard to miss with the beard and the height! smile.png

That was him then! He was sat in the corner looking at his phone and we were sat near the door being silly trying to distract ourselves from nervousness. Little did we know he was the fiance of a fellow VJer! I was wondering what all the other folks were in there for. Tell him we were the blonde woman and Pepsi-shirt wearing brown hair guy couple XD.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I used to go to the movies and wonder why the screen was blurry and cursed the projector, until I finally realized it was my eyesight. A whole bunch of healthy people getting negative X-ray results in mid-Summer? Sounds more like a faulty X-ray machine to me . . . .

Timeline

We thought the same thing - but if you have sent all your paper work through to the embassy the will schedule your interview WITHOUT your medical being complete even though it states that you will be sent away on the website. Hang in there. Ross was able to return for his interview on August 8th and then go back for his chest films that day and they sent them through to the embassy the next day. We thought we would be held up for another 8+ weeks but we are looking at the same timeline now. smile.png

That's Great News! You just made my day :) All my paper work was sent off in July so fingers crossed I should hear something fairly soon re the interview date :)

Congratulations to you both and Good Luck for the future !! :)

Timeline

"We thought the same thing - but if you have sent all your paper work through to the embassy the will schedule your interview WITHOUT your medical being complete even though it states that you will be sent away on the website. Hang in there. Ross was able to return for his interview on August 8th and then go back for his chest films that day and they sent them through to the embassy the next day. We thought we would be held up for another 8+ weeks but we are looking at the same timeline now"

Here's a question,

Just got back from my GP the xray shows a small shadow which is small scarring from a bout of plerosy I had years ago, no chest infection, so my GP will not give me antibiotics. Have called the Med Centre in London, they need proof, so need my GP to forward xray and report, unfortunately it is not the policy here in Wales to pop an xray on a disc or email and forwrd it. So I have had to request my medical information be released to me, at another financial cost and a time frame of up to 40 days! At this point I am wishing my GP had just doled out antibiotics then I could have made a new appointment for my follow up xray.

Obviously my follow up xray will be identical to the 2 previous ones... my question is, has anyone had the follow xray showing the same results as the first but been deemed as healthy??

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just to let you know I went back a month later after 2 weeks on antibiotics from my own doctor and all was clear...I'm not going to say that the medical people want to do more xrays for more money!!! No no no i won't say that lol!!!

Anyway I got my interview date about 2/3 weeks after my 2nd X-ray and have now been approved yayayaya!!

I wish you both all the best... read my post about my experience at the embassy... hopefully it will give you a few tips

Timeline

"We thought the same thing - but if you have sent all your paper work through to the embassy the will schedule your interview WITHOUT your medical being complete even though it states that you will be sent away on the website. Hang in there. Ross was able to return for his interview on August 8th and then go back for his chest films that day and they sent them through to the embassy the next day. We thought we would be held up for another 8+ weeks but we are looking at the same timeline now"

Here's a question,

Just got back from my GP the xray shows a small shadow which is small scarring from a bout of plerosy I had years ago, no chest infection, so my GP will not give me antibiotics. Have called the Med Centre in London, they need proof, so need my GP to forward xray and report, unfortunately it is not the policy here in Wales to pop an xray on a disc or email and forwrd it. So I have had to request my medical information be released to me, at another financial cost and a time frame of up to 40 days! At this point I am wishing my GP had just doled out antibiotics then I could have made a new appointment for my follow up xray.

Obviously my follow up xray will be identical to the 2 previous ones... my question is, has anyone had the follow xray showing the same results as the first but been deemed as healthy??

Well in my case.. the "chest infection" was still showing a little bit but had improved enough to be ok!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.