Juancito

Received Text/Email notification for interview for AOS, haven't received notification in mail

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm in the AOS process from a F-1 student visa to a IR-1 status through marriage. My timeline should be visible (I think, new account).

I received my NOA for my EAD and I-485 and I-130 on March 22, 2013, RFE request April 4th, replied to RFE and was accepted April 24th , Biometrics April 14th and I received my EAD card June 1 2013.

On June 5th I received email and text notification that we have been schedule for an interview as a part of my AOS process schedule for July 8th at the local field office. I'm starting to get pretty worried since it is already late July and the interview is less then 2 weeks away and we still haven't received the mail notification with the exact time of the interview and what to bring.

We called the USCIS customer support line to see if we could find anything out, and we were told to call back if we hadn't received the interview notification anything by July 5th.

I'm trying to not worry myself, but I wanted to ask, when should i start worrying about not receiving the notification? Is it normal to receive it the week before the interview? Has anyone else had experiences like this? If I don't receive the notification, what will they do when I call on July 5th?

Thank everyone, the information I've found on this site has been a huge help in my AOS process.

Edited by Juancito

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi,

My husband and I are in the same situation as you, with the exact same notification and interview dates! We are AOS'ing from a K-1 visa so the process might be slightly different, but here is what happened to us and what we were told by USCIS:

- June 5, 2013: Received email notification that a letter was mailed on June 5th indicating we had an interview at our local field office on July 8, 2013.

- Began checking the mail daily...

- June 25, 2013: Received email notification that our interview letter was sent back to USCIS as undeliverable (Very frustrating considering my Husband's name in in our mailbox and we have never has any issues getting his mail delivered)

- June 25, 2013: Called USCIS, they opened a service request to have the letter re-sent and said to call back after 15 days if we have not received the letter. I explained that I didn't have 15 days to wait as the interview is on July 8th... I was transferred to a Tier 2 supervisor and had to stay on hold for over 90 minutes! Once the supervisor picked up she was able to tell me the time of our interview and mentioned that USCIS can FAX you a copy of the letter, but only within 5 days of your interview!. She told me to call back on July 3rd as soon as they open (8:00am Eastern time, which is 5:00am my time) and immediately ask to speak with a Tier 2 Supervisor so they can fax the letter... and hopefully not wait 90 minutes since they just opened.

I hope this helps! Good luck at your interview :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.