lizaanne

I-131 - Advance Parole Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:help: Please!

We are hoping to travel back to England in the spring so I can meet my in-laws, and Simon can visit family and friends. We will be there one week, then we plan to spend the second week in Rome seeing the sights with friends who will meet us there.

What should I put on the I-131 form where it asks about the purpose of the trip? Should I put this much detail?

Thanks - as always!

~Liza

10 Year Green Card Holder Since July 2009 --- Thank you Visa Journey!!! :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We put a whole laundry list in for the multiple entry request ... all valid.

I'd put all the legit reasons you can think of ... unless a savant on here knows differently.

For example, I wanted us to go outside the US for a honeymoon. Au contraire for USCIS etc.

So I feel a "make up" honeymoon is in order.

I do travel and had to turn down an international trip that would have been great except I'm not leaving her here because that'd be rather unfair.

I need her to be able to travel across the border to Canada; I have legit business reasons; I almost had to go a couple years ago.

Larry and Maria

Filed: Timeline

Oh goodness, no. For the date section, just put whatever sounds about right for departure, it doesn't have to be exact, in fact it as long as it's somewhere within the 12 months of your AP, that'll do. Don't bother with all that visiting relatives and going to Rome lark either, you can leave it blank. I wish they had a section for business or pleasure as I'd like to put 'none of your business'!! AP has become more relaxed since the days of yore, the time away and the reasons for going used to be more strict than they are today.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok - I'll do something a bit in between your two suggestions then. Not a lot of detail, but maybe just say visiting family or something.

The example showed it blank, that's why I wasn't sure.

Thank you!!

Plowing through all the paperwork - can't wait to finally get it in the mail!!

(After realizing last night that I was filling out the TOTALLY WRONG document, and almost applied for another visa!!! SHEESH!!!)

~Liza

10 Year Green Card Holder Since July 2009 --- Thank you Visa Journey!!! :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.