goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey we have the same NOA2 date. I've been looking around at the people who's cases were sent to the DOS/NVC. So far I havent seen someone with a NOA2 date of June 20th. I'm hoping it will be tonight or tomorrow that we get that notification.

I just got of the phone too - Same answer - it takes up to 8 weeks!!! bummer sad.png - there is nothing else I can do anymore. I have everything ready to be send out, I had my medical done and paid the fee - so now I just wait for them to give me this "awesome" number and then send it to the consulate so I can finally send in all the documents I had already ready when I got the notice for my NOA2. If they take much more longer I might have to get a new passport.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Just called NVC (called DOS earlier today with no luck) and the rep said my case was physically located in the building but had not been entered into their system yet. He said 10-20 days which means I'll call again later this week. I got the notice that my case was sent to the NVC on July 9th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

called 4 times today , nothing yet, this is ridiculous, from one office to another takes weeks, 18 days from NOA2 ranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gifsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

VISA JOURNEY:12/16/12 - sent the packet to Dallas Lockbox
12/19/12 - email/hard copy of NOA1
12/27/12 - Alien registration changed
05/24/13 - case transferred to other office from VSC
05/29/13 - transferred Texas Service Center
05/30/13 - transferred
06/12/13 - RFE
06/24/13 - RFE RECIEVED BY USCIS TEXAS
06/27/13 - approved NOA2
07/17/13 - shipped from USCIS to NVC
07/19/13 - Got My Case Number from NVC

07/23/13 in transit to the Consular Section

07/26/13 Ready

07/30/13 Ready date changed

08/16/2013 - Packet 3
10/03/2013 - Packet 4
11/01/2013 - Medical
11/07/2013 - Interview- Approved-

11/19.2013-Issued-
11/21/2013 - Visa in hand

11/21/2013 P.O.E Alexandria Bay, New York
00/00/2013 - Arrived in South Carolina
01/18/2014 - Getting Married in Myrtle Beach South Carolina

Married, Very Happy..!!

Started I485

Mailed it on 6 March 2014

Biometrics appointment 03 Apr.2014

Biometrics Done.

Intervew waiver letter 06/27/2014

28 Jan/15 Got email for Interview date for 2/march

they didnt have my file

got Letter on 2 April for 2nd interview on 4 May

Still waiting

Card was Ordered To Be Produced

Got my green card on 15 may

13 months and 15 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, so some cases were finally sent. Notifications went out July9,10 and 11. It is now July 15- anybody getting more recent notifications?/ Why aren't the rest being sent to NVC????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've never called USCIS before...is it the 1-800-375-5283 number? and what number do you press to get to a Tier 2? thanks in advance. smile.png

okay I just called them - i thought they were open until midnight but it says only until 6pm? maybe that was NVC. :(

Edited by Jeannie & Al

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I've never called USCIS before...is it the 1-800-375-5283 number? and what number do you press to get to a Tier 2? thanks in advance. smile.png

okay I just called them - i thought they were open until midnight but it says only until 6pm? maybe that was NVC. sad.png

Correct number for USCIS. You can't press a number to get to a Tier 2. Go through the regular method for checking your case status (1-1-1-1-receipt number-1), then after it reads you the message option 3 should take you to a customer service rep. If you tell them you want to be transferred to a Tier 2 they have to transfer you. They'll probably offer you a 3-5 day callback, but ignore that and say that you'll hold. They'll then transfer you to an automated system that will allow you to put into place an automatic callback that will probably happen about 2 hours later. No need to sit on the phone for that hold time, the callback will hold your place in line.

And yes - NVC is open until midnight but USCIS is only open until 6pm.

Timeline

Correct number for USCIS. You can't press a number to get to a Tier 2. Go through the regular method for checking your case status (1-1-1-1-receipt number-1), then after it reads you the message option 3 should take you to a customer service rep. If you tell them you want to be transferred to a Tier 2 they have to transfer you. They'll probably offer you a 3-5 day callback, but ignore that and say that you'll hold. They'll then transfer you to an automated system that will allow you to put into place an automatic callback that will probably happen about 2 hours later. No need to sit on the phone for that hold time, the callback will hold your place in line.

And yes - NVC is open until midnight but USCIS is only open until 6pm.

thank you so much h_m. :) I just realized I only have NVC's number written at work..do you have that handy too? :D

Timeline

thank you so much h_m. smile.png I just realized I only have NVC's number written at work..do you have that handy too? biggrin.png

Glad to help. NVC's number is (603) 334-0700.

You can try calling now, I just got through but given that I was told by a USCIS Tier 2 rep that my case hasn't been shipped yet I didn't bother holding.

Timeline

Glad to help. NVC's number is (603) 334-0700.

You can try calling now, I just got through but given that I was told by a USCIS Tier 2 rep that my case hasn't been shipped yet I didn't bother holding.

thanks again :)

I am on hold now...I'm just sitting here anyway before I head to bed...it's tough for me to call during the hours of 8-6 to even get to USCIS. I do have an email into my congressman..

The thing I don't get is if it wasn't for this site or my attorney, I would not know that the letter was wrong that it was forwarded right to a consulate...do we know if that's what the NOA2 is supposed to say or is that what TSC put in error?

Timeline

That seems to just be the generic NOA2 text from any of the service centers, so it's not a TSC-specific error. I guess it technically does get forwarded to the consulate, they just don't mention the stop at the NVC along the way.

Timeline

That seems to just be the generic NOA2 text from any of the service centers, so it's not a TSC-specific error. I guess it technically does get forwarded to the consulate, they just don't mention the stop at the NVC along the way.

yup that's what Amanda from NVC just said...I asked why it went from 10-15 days to 8 weeks and she said for volume they changed that 2 weeks ago. I'm sorry - that's ridiculous. She said they are supposed to expedite K1s but it takes longer than the time I'm giving it..and that I will probably get it by the end of July..just BS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so some cases were finally sent. Notifications went out July9,10 and 11. It is now July 15- anybody getting more recent notifications?/ Why aren't the rest being sent to NVC????

Does it somehow update once your case has actually BEEN sent to NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.