goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Very excited to call the DOS in the morning and see if we got a case number and hope that many of you do too! Good Luck!

Meanwhile for all of us who survived the Vermont-Texas transfer...this should make you laugh. I was checking the processing times of the I-129f at Vermont on the USCIS site tonight and this is what it said:

Effective April 30, 2013

USCIS National Goal: 5.0 months

Vermont Service Center: 5.0 months

USCIS National Average: 64.0 months (hahaha...typo? maybe not! Looks like someone's at USCIS is finally being honest about how long this thing takes lol)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Couldn't figure out how to insert a screen capture of it but check out the link for a giggle :)

event.png

I-129f Charlene <3 Ryan

Dec 6, 2012: Sent I-129f Application (VSC)

Dec 11, 2012: NOA 1

May 24, 2013: Transfer from VSC to TSC

June 18, 2013: NOA2 Approval

July 10, 2013: Update...Case Shipped to DOS

July 15, 2013: Received Case Number

July 17, 2013: London Receives Case

July 25, 2013: Packet 3 Received

August 9, 2013: Medical

August 15, 2013: Medical Results logged

August 29, 2013: Packet 3/Ds2001 forms sent

September 6, 2013: Packet 3/DS2001 logged

October 25, 2013: Interview

Does anyone know if the wait time for NVC to assign a case number is significantly different for CSC customers?

I haven't heard there being a similar problem with CSC filers. You should get your number in about a week.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't heard there being a similar problem with CSC filers. You should get your number in about a week.

Thanks! Was not expecting such a happy answer! :)

Follow up question.... NVC"s hours of operation. I know it's better to call early and late, but want to verify what those times would be.

also, must the petitioner be the one to call?

Thanks! Was not expecting such a happy answer! :)

Follow up question.... NVC"s hours of operation. I know it's better to call early and late, but want to verify what those times would be.

also, must the petitioner be the one to call?

They are open until midnight eastern time I think. I'm not sure about the answer to that last question though. I would imagine it doesn't matter as long as the person who calls has the information they want. But I could be wrong.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They are open until midnight eastern time I think. I'm not sure about the answer to that last question though. I would imagine it doesn't matter as long as the person who calls has the information they want. But I could be wrong.

Is it safe to assume they are not open on weekends then?

I wonder how early.... hmmmm

Here you go, from Hank's sig...

"It will take 7 - 10 days business for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in there system and get the # from Embassy. Call after 4:45 PM eastern time for shorter wait times. K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an

operator. To get there:

"1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

"Press 1 for English

"Press 5 for an operator

"NVC CONTACT INFORMATION: Website: www.immigrantvisas.state.govwww.immigrantvisas.state.gov

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

"I highly recommend you email NVC for the #, even if you call and get it, this will give you a correspondence from NVC with the # for future reference. (I found NVC to be very quick responding to emails)

"REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

"You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

"* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

"* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

"* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth."

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Called the NVC last week and they never received our paperwork so I had to send an email to them to research it and then the next day received an email stating that they are resubmitting our info to NVC. I called 2 weeks to see if they got it and now there's 2 weeks wasted for some unknown reason. Our NOA2 was approved June 20th. I will be calling them today to see if they received it so that my fiancé can set up his medical. We were in the Vermont office and transferred to Texas and there was a rumor about Texas's experience with K-1's so I'm thinking that is why it was never sent to the NVC.

Timeline

Got a CASE NUMBER!!!!!! woooohoooo! It was shipped to the DOS on July 10 and called a few minutes ago and a got the case number! Get calling guys! Good Luck!

event.png

I-129f Charlene <3 Ryan

Dec 6, 2012: Sent I-129f Application (VSC)

Dec 11, 2012: NOA 1

May 24, 2013: Transfer from VSC to TSC

June 18, 2013: NOA2 Approval

July 10, 2013: Update...Case Shipped to DOS

July 15, 2013: Received Case Number

July 17, 2013: London Receives Case

July 25, 2013: Packet 3 Received

August 9, 2013: Medical

August 15, 2013: Medical Results logged

August 29, 2013: Packet 3/Ds2001 forms sent

September 6, 2013: Packet 3/DS2001 logged

October 25, 2013: Interview

I am a Vermont service center filer that was NOT transferred to TSC. It has been two weeks since NOA2 for me and still no case number. I don't think the slow-down is just for TSC transfers. I keep getting told to wait 8 weeks when I call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Just called the DOS number. A very friendly woman answered the phone and told me they still don't have my case. I received notice on July 9th that my case was sent to the DOS. I'll probably call the NVC later, see if they have anything different to report.

Edited by jdseidel

Timeline

June 19, 2013 approval for i-129f. Vermont to Texas transfer. Trying to find out what the status of our paperwork is:

Called USCIS this morning.

First forgot to ask for a Tier 2 so the first tier officer told me that it is automatically forwarded to NVC once approved.

Called back after a few minutes to get a Tier 2 officer. Just got off the phone with him. Asked if he was able to tell us when our paperwork would be going to the NVC. He asked me to read what is on the NOA-2. I read it: "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." He mentioned it could take up to 2 months for the paperwork to be sent onto the consulate because of the courier service that is used. I asked if this was going to the NVC at all. He asked me to read the paperwork again.

So, i guess we are still waiting to find out where our paperwork will surface next...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.