Q&R

Scheduling the interview using CGI Stanley

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

August 6th? :)

Just use the same one from p3, that's what I'm doing. They ask for part 1 which is all that you needed for p3 so should work fine for p4 too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Got ours too! It appears we were one of the very first to grab a date. We got August 6th. And now August is filled up! Thank you God!

Edited by rawlsca

Timeline

I'll be filling a complaint with the state department when this whole process is over and done with. This is complete ####### that we're expected to jump on the appointment site within an hour of all the appointments for August. If anyone wishes to join me in this let me know and I'll see about doing a class action style complaint.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I seriously hope we don't have to deal with this ####### as CR1 applicants. I've asked numerous NVC representatives and they've told us the consulate will schedule our appointment for us, but I think they don't even have any awareness of the existence of CGI Stanley. My wife's called CGI Stanley and they told her they don't handle immigrant visas, which goes against a lot of things I have read. If we can't even manage to get an August appointment after having case complete in the middle of May AND a granted expedite request, we're going to have a real problem here. If this is the way things are, then they really need to go back to having the consulate schedule all of the appointments.

Timeline

Yeah! When you get to the point of scheduling your interview date, hopefully the calendar will return to what people were seeing in April and May. Plenty of dates. If not, you'll have real battle on your hands, There's a system we found that worked perfectly. I suggest doing your homework early and find out what that system is. Otherwise you'll end up like a lot applicants. They're still waiting to schedule their interview date even after weeks of trying.

Glad you got your interview appointment, rawlsca! You were getting me pretty nervous there for a minute. Hah. Best of luck. smile.png

Timeline

No, that's not it. For those of us who've been trying for weeks to get a date, we've done a lot of research on this site. Many of us discovered the system after a lot of self-education and downright creativity. I could just lay it all out for you here, but that wouldn't be fair to others who've been trying so hard already. If everyone knew about this system, then the system wouldn't work. So it's got to be a matter of doing your homework to discover or even design the system yourself. This "interview date lottery" will only be won by the smart, determined and diligent. I know, it's not fair. But CGI Stanley has created this monster and the rest of us have to live with it. Unfortunately, it's "survival of the fittest". The main reason I'm telling you all this much is to encourage you to not give up. Be determined! If you love your fiance as much as I love mine, you will do anything to bring her to your own country so you can be together always. I knew that I would die if I could not get my fiance into the United States to be with me, so out of panic and desperation, I started working harder on this puzzle than I've worked on anything before in my life. The trick is research and creative thought. Read what others are saying and doing. After 2 or 3 weeks of hitting the calendar with no luck, contact me again. I'll lay it all out for you then. I plan to do that for everyone who has already put a lot of time into this game. I just hope CGI Stanley eventually realizes that they are causing some applicants to just give up. I really hope that is not their plan!

Good luck!

Timeline

I'm beginning to think if the Consulate even released a few months at a time worth of appointments it wouldn't be enough. The system is broken and CGI Stanley is at fault. But, they've got their money already. Why do they care if it's broken?

Timeline

I'll be filling a complaint with the state department when this whole process is over and done with. This is complete ####### that we're expected to jump on the appointment site within an hour of all the appointments for August. If anyone wishes to join me in this let me know and I'll see about doing a class action style complaint.

I actually called the State Department a while back when I couldn't get interview dates. They said if I want to make a formal complain I should contact the Office of the Inspector General. So I did. I made the complaint to the lady. But then she was telling me what was gonig to happen with the process and to me, it sounded pretty harsh and scared me a little. I didn't want a complaint being made to theh embassy in my name, which might piss them off and then effect our chances of getting interviews or even pass the exam. So the lady said she will hold the complaint for me and if later I wanted to go through with it, she will process the complaint. Nice lady.

But yes, I am thinking when my fiancee gets to the states, I will call them back and make a complaint. Though I doubt the embassy really cares, ha

Timeline

I actually called the State Department a while back when I couldn't get interview dates. They said if I want to make a formal complain I should contact the Office of the Inspector General. So I did. I made the complaint to the lady. But then she was telling me what was gonig to happen with the process and to me, it sounded pretty harsh and scared me a little. I didn't want a complaint being made to theh embassy in my name, which might piss them off and then effect our chances of getting interviews or even pass the exam. So the lady said she will hold the complaint for me and if later I wanted to go through with it, she will process the complaint. Nice lady.

But yes, I am thinking when my fiancee gets to the states, I will call them back and make a complaint. Though I doubt the embassy really cares, ha

I'm thinking about doing the same thing, and I doubt they care as well. The system is broke and it's a joke, but nothing will happen if only a couple of people complain so I'm debating about even going through with the complaint.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.