kitkat1

what's going on with the crazy questions?

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I try to help as much as I can... but I do find it increasingly annoying when the same questions are asked over and over.. more often now Im just linking to a previous thread with the same question.

My biggest headach atm is the damn medical questions... same ones all the time.. reading posts with anything medical in the title up to 5 pages back will answer any of those questions... so I do beleive that alot of people are in the lazy category and just cant be bothered keeping themselves informed of the process... what strikes me as weird is that most new people cant understand that it is a long drawn out process that changes with every single persons case.

Yes some people have been lucky and had theirs processed very quickly but most do not... so of course.. since they had not heard anything from the USCIS in 2 weeks they are in a huge panic.. that just plain sh!ts me...

oh well... I will continue to help when I feel like it and ignore the ones who are just trolling or plain stupid...

devilette, that comment directed at you was just horrible... perhaps that person should reexamine their own lives first me thinks.. to go off like that on a public forum for no reason has me stunned but it has happened time and time again... the funny thing is... you think everything is good on one thread and it blows up, but on another thread where you think whoa! this could get ugly... nothing! go figure....

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The reality of this visa message board is that there are enough people willing to spoon feed others (whether with correct or incorrect information) and additionally enough people to take it as gospel without checking their own facts.

As the old adage says, "You can lead the horse to water...but you can't make him drink."

The only way all this stuff will stop is if there's a mandated way to answer new people with repetitive questions and ways to weed out troll(ish) behavior. Neither of which are practical on a board this size with the current organization of admin-ing.

The best idea is to hide in Off Topic... :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

But seriously, a question about the impact of large tonsils on visa processing? Come on now . . . you don't need to read through the medical ineligibilities or anything on the forum to find the answer to that one or many of the related questions - you just need common sense!

I bet those questions are posted by trolls.

That has Matako stamped all over it. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

But seriously, a question about the impact of large tonsils on visa processing? Come on now . . . you don't need to read through the medical ineligibilities or anything on the forum to find the answer to that one or many of the related questions - you just need common sense!

I bet those questions are posted by trolls.

That has Matako stamped all over it. :P

Yes it does, but I swear it was a legitimate poster. As was the "urinary tract infection" person.

But you hear horror stories (or get misinformation on and offline), and now suddenly you start to worry that because you have large tonsils you'll get denied

I'm not talking about the people who don't read the guides or are trying to clarify issues and acronyms. If someone is clueless enough to think that large tonsils will result in a visa denial, I'm fairly sure they have other, more serious issues to be concerned with!

Timeline
I'm not talking about the people who don't read the guides or are trying to clarify issues and acronyms. If someone is clueless enough to think that large tonsils will result in a visa denial, I'm fairly sure they have other, more serious issues to be concerned with!

And this is the crux of the matter. Which may lead us to wonder how other decisions manage to get made...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe having the Guides tab replaced with smaller tabs...one for K1 visa, K3 visa, K2/K3 visa, CR-1/IR-1 visas...that sort of thing. Maybe the word "Guides" is too ambiguous? I dunno...just wondering. :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Maybe having the Guides tab replaced with smaller tabs...one for K1 visa, K3 visa, K2/K3 visa, CR-1/IR-1 visas...that sort of thing. Maybe the word "Guides" is too ambiguous? I dunno...just wondering. :blink:

I think it depends on what the true problem is...if it's a matter of not being able to find the information then your suggestion is a good one. If it's a lack of ________ for people to actually read it, no amount of change is going to fix it.

I don't really know for sure, but I suspect that it's the latter. But then I may be a tad negative as it's been snowing all day and I hate snow. ;)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know. I've written and corrected things til my fingers bled. People seem to read less now than ever before, by my observation.

Maybe there are just that many more people using discussion groups to monitor their cases.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I don't know. I've written and corrected things til my fingers bled. People seem to read less now than ever before, by my observation.

Maybe there are just that many more people using discussion groups to monitor their cases.

And even if the guides were changed, it wouldn't help for this one:

would UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) affects the visa processing? i had UTI when i was in High School, and felt it just a year ago..it's normal for female right? but i'm worried..might affect the medical exam result...any advice?

I swear I did not make that up.

:huh::lol::whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I should have had a lobotomy about 5 years ago but I didn't. Will this affect my fiancee's medical?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can I still get a visa if I have halitosis?

I should have had a lobotomy about 5 years ago but I didn't. Will this affect my fiancee's medical?

Hahaha, caught that one before the edit! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is possible to sponsor 2 fiance from 2 different country at the same time?

Matt,

I suppose you could but your current fiancee' might need to know that you switch hit.... :D

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is possible to sponsor 2 fiance from 2 different country at the same time?

Matt,

I suppose you could but your current fiancee' might need to know that you switch hit.... :D

Is that a question on the IMBRA form???