kitkat1

what's going on with the crazy questions?

77 posts in this topic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I was mean today.

I had already answered this guys question correctly in a different forum about 20 minutes before he posted it again.

Here's the question (for the second time) and my second answer.

I was granted an work authorization at POE at JFK Airport ....I know my work authorization will expire and I'll have to stop working until I get my new EAD, but if I do work now, get taxed and stop until I get a new EAD, should I worry about my AOS process? Is that something that I can do or will it ruin the whole process?

------------

No you can't work. They give you the EAD stamp so you get all confused, work illegally and then they boot you out of the country and never let you back.

Someone nice though pointed out to him that I was totally wrong. :D

Did that make you feel superior or give you a warm sense of satisfaction? Or is mocking ppl your 'thing'?

_______

IMO, the crazy questions can grate on stupid, but as it's been said before in this thread, some ppl just need assurances. I think it's time to remember how you felt when you first started the process....no you may not have asked the silly questions, but the lack of really knowing the information can be disconcerting to many.

If a question is too stupid to answer iyo...then just don't answer it....

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can relate to Kit about the stupid questions, what I do is just ignore them.

Now what Dan complained about is just people that indeed wants reassurance and sometimes it's not THAT easy to find other threads with your answer, 'cus not always the answers are in a thread with the proper name. I asked a bunch of Affidavit of Support questions (none of which you posted here) these past 2 days and you were answering me just fine. If it bothers you why did you take the time to answer them?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I guess I can't relate since I am rarely in the actual K1 immigration section of VJ anymore. But if people ask the same questions over and over, ignore them and maybe they will find answers themselves, or just post a link in their thread to a similar thread. Instead of getting aggravated, maybe it's time you stop frequenting that forum and move to another forum you may be able to help with.

One reason there are so many questions over and over is because the amount of people joining VJ has multiplied and multiplied by thousands over the past couple years. There were around 1000 members when I joined. Now there are, I don't even know how many, at least 28,000. (When you place your mouse over an ID it will show a number for that name at the bottom of the screen, which means what number member they are.)

Yes some people do act lazy and should do their own research first like many of us did, but some need reassurance as others said. If you think someone is just being lazy and it's annoying you, then just leave it for someone else to answer. *shrugs*

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Maybe I am just being mean and intolerant . . . I understand that people come to VJ with questions about the extremely complicated visa and immigration process. I understand that it is difficult and confusing and emotional. I understand that the USCIS website is confusing and it's hard to find clear and straight information.

But really, what is up with the crazzzzyyyy questions lately (and I'm not talking about Matako or any other troll's stupid questions).

For example (REAL questions posted on VJ):

1) I have large tonsils. Does this mean my visa will be denied?

2) What happens if I have a urinary tract infection?

3) Can a US Citizen visit their fiance in their country during the processing?

4) What does adjudicated mean? When VJ shows a date for when my case may be adjudicated, is this the date my fiance will get her visa?

5) My fiance was illegal in the US for 3 years. Why was her visa denied at her interview?

The State Department has a suprisingly well written and well organized website with all the basic information about spousal and fiance visas. It explains the process, the medical, ineligibilities, etc. This was the FIRST place I went when I starting researching this process. (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1315.html#3d) And then of course there are the guides here.

It's hard for me to grasp this. I realize that many people don't know to do basic research? But seriously, are they really that clueless?

OK, done now, I think.

people are lazy. and there are no stupid questions (so they say)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, just stupid people who ask questions..... :whistle:

I am just teasing......:lol:

YMMV

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, you seem to be answering most of the questions on here lately anyway. Saves us the trouble...

:whistle:;)

Timeline

Well, you seem to be answering most of the questions on here lately anyway. Saves us the trouble...

Today's top ten posters as of 8:45CST:

matt85 7-July 06 380 107 7.37%

Steve-n-Ana 20-August 06 649 58 3.99%

mybackpages 16-June 06 1622 38 2.62%

jane2005 7-November 06 142 35 2.41%

YuAndDan 26-July 06 2074 34 2.34%

mags 23-July 06 787 31 2.13%

LisaD 29-December 05 4719 30 2.07%

Luis&Laura 23-March 06 4748 25 1.72%

Lauren and Dave 15-September 06 207 24 1.65%

jenn3539 9-December 04 7360 21 1.45%

I am not even on the radar screen

YMMV

Timeline

:lol: I meant most of the visa questions....just kidding with ya y'know! ;)

Timeline

I am only capable of answering about ten questions.... If I post a lot it is because the same ten questions get asked over and over and over....... :D

YMMV

Timeline

I am only capable of answering about ten questions.... If I post a lot it is because the same ten questions get asked over and over and over....... :D

:lol::thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Did that make you feel superior or give you a warm sense of satisfaction? Or is mocking ppl your 'thing'?

_______

IMO, the crazy questions can grate on stupid, but as it's been said before in this thread, some ppl just need assurances. I think it's time to remember how you felt when you first started the process....no you may not have asked the silly questions, but the lack of really knowing the information can be disconcerting to many.

If a question is too stupid to answer iyo...then just don't answer it....

:yes::thumbs:

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Filed: Timeline
Pertaining to I-864: "noticed in the top right hand side of this form it says " OMB no. 1615-0075; expires 09/30/06" I see this one a lot, My question in return is if the form were REALLY expired why is it still on USCIS site?

Sorry Yu & Dan, but this is completely valid!!! It's expired, why wouldn't we think it was not to be used???

And KK, you are correct. I told someone to search timelines & was then told:

So I'll ask whatever I bloody well like on VisaJourney, so keep your nasty little opinions to yourself and stop being such a sanctimonious little prig. I bet you're a right pain to live with. How do people like you ever get married? I expect it's your type who end up divorced.

I would take a long hard look at why you need to start arguments with strangers - if you aren't married yet I guess you can't take your personality out on him yet. God, poor bloke.

I expect you're horrible in real life.

yeah, I'm in shock as well.

Edited by devilette

Timeline
Totally out of order.

and then they will wonder why when thay have a "real" question it goes unanswered.......

YMMV