449 posts in this topic

Yes they didnt update it the last update was july 15 they replied to an email that time so they updated it but not this time.

Probably they have gone lazy. Or maybe is something else, like tech problems on CEAC? My thoughts...

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Probably they have gone lazy. Or maybe is something else, like tech problems on CEAC? My thoughts...

I hope they are working on processing the documents and are busy with that instead of updating the status hahaha

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

They haven't updated my ceac either. I didn't pay attention to it till mxy asked me. Hopefully it means something good. Lat update on my husband's is July 18.

I hope they are working on processing the documents and are busy with that instead of updating the status hahaha

You're right. They are sooo busy that they don't have time to update. Sounds good.

Hey girls!!

I emailed the consulate on aug 13th, still no reply!! However since the interview on the 12th I have been seeing CEAC updates every 3-4 days starting as:

Aug 12-Ready

Aug 13: AP

Aug 15: AP

Aug 16: AP

Aug 19: AP

Aug 20: AP

Aug 23 AP.

Everytime I call DOS they tell me that the embassy is continuously working on the case and that they will notify my husband when the processing is done and that that is what the updates are and they arent any more specific with me! I am hoping that with these update dates happening every so often that it means they can finally issue the visa since he was approved on the spot on the 12th of August.I'm surprised that they still havent emailed me back and the 2 week mark is coming up this week and if we get no response or status change then I will email again. Have any of you tried expediting the processing for specific reasons?

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

J&f. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get your visa issued soon and as well for all of us...I didn't know you could expedite visa requests. I can research it but I wonder if once at the consular section if they could even do that or if its to the consular officers discretion

J&F2008,

Looks like the embassy is working on your case. As for expedite processing, if a pregnancy was a reason of expedite, then I would have done it. I believe it only applies when there's a life and death situation. Don't know if a high risk pregnancy classify as life and death situation. :/

Edited by Winky

Thank you!! I am hoping that all of us get our visas issued asap! Its been long enough that we have been waiting when the visa is right at our fingertips! I keep praying that things go well for all of us soon!! :) :) Yeah I have heard that expediting is very hard to get approved because usually the consular officers just disregard it maybe because they receive those types of requests a lot. We just have to keep waiting!! Which is the hardest part :/

J&f. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get your visa issued soon and as well for all of us...I didn't know you could expedite visa requests. I can research it but I wonder if once at the consular section if they could even do that or if its to the consular officers discretion

I do believe high risk pregnancy is a very strong reason to expedite and just pregnancy in general because that is when you need your spouse the most. I just wish that none of us had to wait this long! It's not fair because it has been months for all of us and its crazyy how we get regular scripted responses and in my case no response at all lol

J&F2008,

Looks like the embassy is working on your case. As for expedite processing, if a pregnancy was a reason of expedite, then I would have done it. I believe it only applies when there's a life and death situation. Don't know if a high risk pregnancy classify as life and death situation. :/

You know, when my husband went to the interview, my son was 1 and a half month old at the time and I seriously thought he would here when the baby turned 2 months.

I know it's unfair. I wonder why other Salvadorans got their visas in less than a week while others have to wait and wait and wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Do all of the 'Administrative Processing' updates say the same thing?

Mine says:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

Just wondering since there are different types of administrative processing, that there might be different wording?

Mabel,

Since the interview, mine always says, "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks." Blah blah blah.

The other AP says case needs further review but I don't know if that's right.

Edited by Winky

Do all of the 'Administrative Processing' updates say the same thing?

Mine says:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

Just wondering since there are different types of administrative processing, that there might be different wording?

Thats what mine says too i dont know what the other AP says

You know, when my husband went to the interview, my son was 1 and a half month old at the time and I seriously thought he would here when the baby turned 2 months.

I know it's unfair. I wonder why other Salvadorans got their visas in less than a week while others have to wait and wait and wait...

I wonder too some seem to get it quick i guess it depends on the mood they are in the day of the interview. The CO was really nice to him but kept finding excuse not to issue that day the visa he kept saying i need to check with dhs if you paid your bond for voluntary departure my husband told yes i did heres the receipt he told oh ok nevermind then he saw that he had a work permit when he was here and decided to ask for his first work permit application he didnt have it with him.

I wonder too some seem to get it quick i guess it depends on the mood they are in the day of the interview. The CO was really nice to him but kept finding excuse not to issue that day the visa he kept saying i need to check with dhs if you paid your bond for voluntary departure my husband told yes i did heres the receipt he told oh ok nevermind then he saw that he had a work permit when he was here and decided to ask for his first work permit application he didnt have it with him.

My god. mad.gif

I don't know about you guys but yesterday I was randomly checking out El Salvador's ustraveldocs.com and I noticed something different on Other Information on Application Pending Further Action page (aka 221(g) or Administrative Processing).

Other Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after your interview with a consular officer. You will be advised of this possibility during your interview. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview, but some cases can take up to eight months. When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case. You are reminded to apply early for your visa, well in advance of your anticipated date of travel.

I swear last time I was at that page, this little text wasn't there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.