449 posts in this topic

Is it most likely that we will be approved, or is there a possibility of denial? We have everything in order, have done everything asked of us, and he has had NO previous involvement in anything that I believe would cause a red flag... Trying to prepare myself for the good and the bad... (and thinking of solutions for either situation).

ALSO- when I checked on CEAC, our status was updated August 19th to Administrative Processing- not sure if that was the most recent update after his interview, or if it has been looked at since... I will keep checking every day :)

If the co didn't think your relationship was real he would have told him at the interview i think you will get approved they are most likely doing background checks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Ok, one more question...

I just checked the CEAC... and we actually have 2 statuses... is that normal? The one that said READY (saying we were ready for an appointment) was updated on August 13th, and then a new status was places above it that says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING (updated on August 19th). That is the status that automatically pops up. However, this morning, I clicked on the other one, just to see what it says... and that status of READY was updated on August 20th... ufff, this confuses me, because it still says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING with the date of August 19th... I am thinking this is just a glitch, because I can't imagine we would be done with AP yet, but has anyone ever seen this? is it normal? thanks!!!

The day of my husbands interview on Aug 12th the status said ready with one update date and then as of the 13th it said AP..I have heard that it can go back and forth for example ready, ap, ready, issued. You can call DOS and ask them what those are specifically and what the updates are :)

Ok, one more question...

I just checked the CEAC... and we actually have 2 statuses... is that normal? The one that said READY (saying we were ready for an appointment) was updated on August 13th, and then a new status was places above it that says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING (updated on August 19th). That is the status that automatically pops up. However, this morning, I clicked on the other one, just to see what it says... and that status of READY was updated on August 20th... ufff, this confuses me, because it still says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING with the date of August 19th... I am thinking this is just a glitch, because I can't imagine we would be done with AP yet, but has anyone ever seen this? is it normal? thanks!!!

Ok, one more question...

You should call the DOS i only have one status call they can explain that to you or maybe the other girls might know how to answer your question.

Ok, one more question...

Mabel,

I don't think it's a glitch but I believe it's a good idea to call Department of State (DOS).

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Hi girls i finally got a response from the embassy they emailed me today this is their response" The applicant's case is in the process of being revised by a consular officer. As soon as the review is done we will contact him" they also acknowledged they have the documents he submitted. I hope soon they issue visa by this response i dont know how much longer.

Hi girls i finally got a response from the embassy they emailed me today this is their response" The applicant's case is in the process of being revised by a consular officer. As soon as the review is done we will contact him" they also acknowledged they have the documents he submitted. I hope soon they issue visa by this response i dont know how much longer.

Sounds like they will issue his visa sooner than soon. :)

Edited by Winky

Sounds like they will issue his visa sooner than soon. :)

I really do hope so my birthday and 4yr anniversary is coming up in a couple days it would be great to at least get good news by then. I pray every night for all of our cases even though i dont know all of you i have conected with all :)

I really do hope so my birthday and 4yr anniversary is coming up in a couple days it would be great to at least get good news by then. I pray every night for all of our cases even though i dont know all of you i have conected with all :)

Aww, thanks Mxy22.

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Thank you so much mxy. It's always good to hear good words out of people we don't even know. We should look each other up on fb. Have you guys joined the fb El Salvador page for immigration ?

Thank you so much mxy. It's always good to hear good words out of people we don't even know. We should look each other up on fb. Have you guys joined the fb El Salvador page for immigration ?

Your welcome we should private msg me your name that way i can add you i will send you mine no i havent joined that page yet.

I checked ceac since they replied to my email but they didnt update status date they usually do everytime they reply back

They replied to your email but they didn't updated the status date? And I thought I was the only one. My husband went to the embassy to personally give the requested document on August 16 and on ceac, the date hasn't changed. What is the last update date you have? Mine is July 22.

Edited by Winky

They replied to your email but they didn't updated the status date? And I thought I was the only one. My husband went to the embassy to give the requested document on August 16 and on ceac, the date hasn't changed. What is the last update date you have? Mine is July 22.

Yes they didnt update it the last update was july 15 they replied to an email that time so they updated it but not this time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.