449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Good morning group...i can't sleep. I've been up since 4 Pacific time. It's 5:38 already. All this has my sleeping system all screwed up. Any who one quick question? Were your husbands told that they were gonna be put in AP or did it just show up? I've read on some pages that there is a really bad ap and a "processing" ap. I'm all paranoid.

Maybe that will help somewhat. Have you checked ceac to see if they've updated that the paper was received?

Yes but the case update date hasn't changed.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Good he got to turn it in person this time they might review it quicker. They didnt tell him how long it might take?

No. They told him if there's anything they need, they will call him.

Good morning group...i can't sleep. I've been up since 4 Pacific time. It's 5:38 already. All this has my sleeping system all screwed up. Any who one quick question? Were your husbands told that they were gonna be put in AP or did it just show up? I've read on some pages that there is a really bad ap and a "processing" ap. I'm all paranoid.

The consul never told my husband he is getting put on AP. According to the consul, his visa will be approved when he send the missing 1040 tax document from the joint sponsor. He send it but the website shows AP ever since. Looks like they are checking out his background. That's why they needed this other document he brought yesterday. What's the difference between bad AP and processing AP if I may ask?

Hey group! From what I heard everyone goes under AP until the visa is issued however there are some easier cases in which the statuses change from ready, to issued; or ready, AP, ready, issued..Its soo confusing because no one can tell if its the bad AP or the normal one. From what my lawyer told me was that when USCIS puts the case in AP it can take forever like years basically meaning they will look at the case whenever they want. This AP seems the same and its soo frustrating! It is messing up my sleep patterns as well and it makes me feel soo depressed and sad..When I called DOS the representative told me that everyone will go under AP even if the visa has been said to be approved. I just wish they were more specific as to why they need to do AP and tht they would work it out in a timely manner! The consul officer never told my husband he would be put in AP but instead told him to wait 4 days to a week..Then he received the call on the 15th of Aug stating that he will be in AP for about 2-3 weeks..I am just hoping this is really the accurate time frame of 2-3 weeks and that they dont extend it any longer. I pray and hope that we will all be out of Ap nd have our visas issued ASAP :)

The consul never told my husband he is getting put on AP. According to the consul, his visa will be approved when he send the missing 1040 tax document from the joint sponsor. He send it but the website shows AP ever since. Looks like they are checking out his background. That's why they needed this other document he brought yesterday. What's the difference between bad AP and processing AP if I may ask?

Hey group! From what I heard everyone goes under AP until the visa is issued however there are some easier cases in which the statuses change from ready, to issued; or ready, AP, ready, issued..Its soo confusing because no one can tell if its the bad AP or the normal one. From what my lawyer told me was that when USCIS puts the case in AP it can take forever like years basically meaning they will look at the case whenever they want. This AP seems the same and its soo frustrating! It is messing up my sleep patterns as well and it makes me feel soo depressed and sad..When I called DOS the representative told me that everyone will go under AP even if the visa has been said to be approved. I just wish they were more specific as to why they need to do AP and tht they would work it out in a timely manner! The consul officer never told my husband he would be put in AP but instead told him to wait 4 days to a week..Then he received the call on the 15th of Aug stating that he will be in AP for about 2-3 weeks..I am just hoping this is really the accurate time frame of 2-3 weeks and that they dont extend it any longer. I pray and hope that we will all be out of Ap nd have our visas issued ASAP :)

If the embassy told him he will in AP for 2-3 weeks, then he will get his visa around that time. As far as I know about AP, yes, everyone are put on AP but I seen cases in El Salvador where visas are issued in four days, like they weren't in AP at all. I doubt the AP in El Salvador is the same as the AP from other countries where you have to wait many months or years. The longest processing I have heard from someone from El Salvador is 3 months. My AP could be just a background check. Maybe they are looking if he's part of that infamous gang group MS13, just because he's muscular and have two simple tattoos that are not gang related. But I don't know.

No he wasn't told his ap is processing they are reviewing the documents they asked for.

No. They told him if there's anything they need, they will call him.

Hopefully they don't ask for anything else and issue his visa. Do you know where was he able to obtain the document they asked for its good to know just in case.

Hopefully they don't ask for anything else and issue his visa. Do you know where was he able to obtain the document they asked for its good to know just in case.

Honestly, I don't know. There are places in El Salvador where they help you with your immigration case. My husband went there and from there, he went off to get the papers.

Edited by Winky

Timeline

Hey there...yes everyone goes under ap which is the normal/Good ap...which that's when they check to see if everything like background check is good. The bad ap from what I've heard and read about is the one where they have to make sure that Washington gives the green light for your visa. It can take months because they will check for terrorism, gang affiliation, same name with criminals, religious sects, etc. I just hope we all get our loved ones visas soon

Hey there...yes everyone goes under ap which is the normal/Good ap...which that's when they check to see if everything like background check is good. The bad ap from what I've heard and read about is the one where they have to make sure that Washington gives the green light for your visa. It can take months because they will check for terrorism, gang affiliation, same name with criminals, religious sects, etc. I just hope we all get our loved ones visas soon

Oh, so what you're saying is that the normal AP is at consular level and the bad AP is at Washington level.

Oh, so what you're saying is that the normal AP is at consular level and the bad AP is at Washington level.

Yes thats how it is we are at consular level for document review

Hi there group. Praying for our visas get issued soon. For all of us...I also emailed congensansal on Tuesday aug13. I haven't received anything yet...it's so frustrating but we have to hang in there. I'll keep you updated as well..it's wonky, j&f, myx, and me... Lets keep each other in our prayers. Along with everyone else.

Hi did the embassy respond to your email yet i emailed them the 15th im still waiting

Timeline

No nothing yet. I submitted it on tuesday of last week. The 13. :( I wonder why it's taking a longer time this time around. They must be really backed up.

I did call the dos and asked about the visa status. I was told the same thing I was told it's under review. The guy even told me when they received all docs. I asked if I should send the 2012 1040 docs for the taxes but the guy said no. That I shouldn't send anything unless they ask for it.

Edited by Samberb0408

I also emailed them on the 13th of this month and nothing! I called the DOS because on Friday there was an update and they told me that the update was from the embassy stating that they are reviewing everything and that the embassy is continuously working on the case and that the visa will be issued as soon as they are done. I just wish the consulate would email me back though! They must be super busy but I wish they were more organized too. I am just hoping that the lady who called my husband on the 15th was being honest about the visa and passport being issued and ready for pickup within the next 2-3 weeks like she had mentioned. keep me posted guyss :)

No nothing yet. I submitted it on tuesday of last week. The 13. sad.png I wonder why it's taking a longer time this time around. They must be really backed up.
I did call the dos and asked about the visa status. I was told the same thing I was told it's under review. The guy even told me when they received all docs. I asked if I should send the 2012 1040 docs for the taxes but the guy said no. That I shouldn't send anything unless they ask for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.