449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

yes, I've emailed about once a month, and get the standard... "we can't do anything until you are out of administrative processing..."

just tired of feeling like my hands are tied and I can't do anything to help the situation.

Have you tried getting your senator involved?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I contacted my senator about a week and a half ago, and received a response this morning. I quickly got all of my paperwork ready and faxed it over at about noon. When I checked my status on the CEAC about 2 hours later, we were updated today! I don't know if that is connected... not sure if I should get excited or not, but I am a bucket of nerves, that's for sure... first status update that is not a result of me sending an email...

Timeline

Ok, I need help again... our case was updated today (2-11-14), but we are still in administrative processing. I tried calling the DOS... but they said they can't help me, that I have to call the NVC... but, the NVC says there hasn't been any movement on my case since May 13... can I do anything to find out what the update means????? thanks :)

Ok, I need help again... our case was updated today (2-11-14), but we are still in administrative processing. I tried calling the DOS... but they said they can't help me, that I have to call the NVC... but, the NVC says there hasn't been any movement on my case since May 13... can I do anything to find out what the update means????? thanks :)

It sucks DOS can't help us and NVC can't help us either. If the date changes without inquiring, then that means they are working on it.

My last update was Feb. 11 because I send them an email regarding my husband's psychology result. It says that once they recieve the missing document, they will contact us directly. My husband called the doctor, he even begged because his medical is more than 3 months old and we don't want to wait and wait and then spend more money. Sometimes, I think the devil is messing with me.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Timeline

I am freaking out... my fiancé just received an email requesting a dual interview!... anyone had experience with this? Is this a good sign, I sure hope so- we have nothing to hide.

I am freaking out... my fiancé just received an email requesting a dual interview!... anyone had experience with this? Is this a good sign, I sure hope so- we have nothing to hide.

Oh. Well, it looks like you and your fiance need to be prepared for a stokes interview. Trust me, me and my husband had a dual interview back in Nov 2011 and they denied the visa because the officer felt we weren't legit. We were interviewed separated. Long story but I advise you to be prepared because they are going to ask tons of questions.

Edited by Winky

Timeline

Oh. Well, it looks like you and your fiance need to be prepared for a stokes interview. Trust me, me and my husband had a dual interview back in Nov 2011 and they denied the visa because the officer felt we weren't legit. We were interviewed separated. Long story but I advise you to be prepared because they are going to ask tons of questions.

I am beyond confused. We sent an email to the address they told us, but they replied that we are still in administrative processing and that we don't need to have an interview. I thought there must have been a mistake, so I resent the email (attaching the email from them), and they responded the same- told me to ignore them email, because we are still in administrative processing... what is going on???

I am beyond confused. We sent an email to the address they told us, but they replied that we are still in administrative processing and that we don't need to have an interview. I thought there must have been a mistake, so I resent the email (attaching the email from them), and they responded the same- told me to ignore them email, because we are still in administrative processing... what is going on???

This is weird. And confusing. Did the embassy told you to ignore it or are they the ones who send the other where it says request dual interview?

Edited by Winky

Timeline

the email requesting the dual interview was sent from the embassy, but gave us a different email that we had to use in order to send the request for the actual interview. It's still part of the embassy, just a different office (or a specific person), and they told us to ignore the previous email.

the email requesting the dual interview was sent from the embassy, but gave us a different email that we had to use in order to send the request for the actual interview. It's still part of the embassy, just a different office (or a specific person), and they told us to ignore the previous email.

I get it. Perhaps, it's was a mistake.

Timeline

I get it. Perhaps, it's was a mistake.

I don't know... but I am just so thankful that our case is being looked at. I think it's a good sign.. the date has been updated 3 times in the last 3 days! (Jan 13 (I sent an email), Feb. 11, Feb. 12, Feb. 13). God is in control!

I don't know... but I am just so thankful that our case is being looked at. I think it's a good sign.. the date has been updated 3 times in the last 3 days! (Jan 13 (I sent an email), Feb. 11, Feb. 12, Feb. 13). God is in control!

Yes! Those regular updates are a good sign, hope you get good news soon.

For anyone wondering about my case, my husband will go personally to the doctor office and ask what happened to his last medical result. He will ask if he can take his result and send it via Cargo Express. If nothing happens, I have no choice but to call the office myself.

Timeline

I am wondering if it was just a mistake... because we are not married yet, and in the email, they said that his wife needs to be present... I know it's still possible that we may have to do a double interview, but we are only engaged, so hopefully it wouldn't be as awful as I have heard...

Yesterday, my husband took a trip to the medical office where he went to redo his medical exam and ask why it's taking a long time to send the psychology result. It turns out that the psychologist send the result to the medical office but the doctor who attended him never send it to the embassy. She told him not to worry because soon she will send it. My question is, how soon?

Timeline

Yesterday, my husband took a trip to the medical office where he went to redo his medical exam and ask why it's taking a long time to send the psychology result. It turns out that the psychologist send the result to the medical office but the doctor who attended him never send it to the embassy. She told him not to worry because soon she will send it. My question is, how soon?

Wow... unbelievable...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.