449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Mabel321 why did yours get denied in interview???

We didn't get denied. They said that they didn't doubt our relationship, but that they needed to keep investigating. They didn't ask for any more papers. My fiancé has had absolutely NO issues with the police, drugs, gangs, etc. Absolutely no history to worry about..., so it's a mystery to us. Trusting God's timing is perfect, but it doesn't make the wait any easier.

What? They have to give a reason, they can't just say, "We believe you but we gotta keep investigating." There contradicting themselves

Hey guys, any news from anyone?

Still waiting. I was hoping we get to hear something after my husband's appointment at the psychology office on December 2 but haven't heard from the embassy. I emailed and today I got a reply saying he needs to submit the new medicals requested and when he submit them, a consular will review and call the applicant directly. I called DOS and said that he submitted his medicals but still in administrative processing. I know the embassy saw the medical results but the psychology results is the one I'm worry so I told his mother to call him and find out if the result has indeed arrived at the embassy. Also, I heard from others saying that the embassy are behind so I guess that's why they haven't checked the result yet.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Hey, everyone.

So we are still waiting and on my last post I had a problem with my husband's psychology results. My husband called the office and told him that the results hasn't been sent yet because they are so many ahead of him. The embassy should get it by this coming Monday. Hope this is the end.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

My husband is from El Salvador and both I601&i212 have been approved Dec 12th. We have waited 3 weeks and counting have not received IL email from embassy. I have called the call center and emailed cogensansal and only answer we get is to wait 90 days. How long did your family wait post waiver approval to get back home?

My husband is from El Salvador and both I601&i212 have been approved Dec 12th. We have waited 3 weeks and counting have not received IL email from embassy. I have called the call center and emailed cogensansal and only answer we get is to wait 90 days. How long did your family wait post waiver approval to get back home?

Hello, Ana&Oscar. What I know is that one VJer who posted here was issued 4 months after waivers approval so hopefully, yours is less than that.

Edited by Winky

Quick update.

I don't know what's taking way too long for my husband's psychology results to arrive at the embassy. Last Friday, I send an email and within hours I got a reply saying they are still pending to receive husband's complete results. My husband called 3 weeks ago and told him the results has been sent off. Oh my god. I know if the embassy got it, he would be here by now. Is there a wait time for a certain medical results? I'm gonna get my husband to call the doctor again because I'm worried. :\

Edited by Winky

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

What is the longest anyone has had to wait without hearing from the embassy? My fiancé had his interview on August 14th, and on February 14th we will have been in administrative processing for 6 months. We weren't required to turn anything else in (although now the medical exams have expired...)... we have not heard a peep from the embassy since they called him on October 29th to let them know they would be starting the investigations on his case...

Has anyone had to wait this long?

Is this at all a good sign?

I know that it says administrative processing is usually resolved in 6-8 weeks (but can take up to 8 months)... I am really hoping that it won't take longer than 8 months... again, has anyone had to wait this long WITHOUT hearing from the embassy?? thanks!

What is the longest anyone has had to wait without hearing from the embassy? My fiancé had his interview on August 14th, and on February 14th we will have been in administrative processing for 6 months. We weren't required to turn anything else in (although now the medical exams have expired...)... we have not heard a peep from the embassy since they called him on October 29th to let them know they would be starting the investigations on his case...

Has anyone had to wait this long?

Is this at all a good sign?

I know that it says administrative processing is usually resolved in 6-8 weeks (but can take up to 8 months)... I am really hoping that it won't take longer than 8 months... again, has anyone had to wait this long WITHOUT hearing from the embassy?? thanks!

My husband had his interview last year on May 21 and we are past 8 months of administrative processing. The embassy requested a new medical on October 2013 and went to his medical appointment on November 7, 2013. The doctor told him he has to see a psychologist and the appointment was scheduled on December 2, 2013. The psychologist said he passed and that the result will arrive at the embassy one week to a month. We're past 2 months from his last appointment. My husband called numerous times to the office and they claim they will send it the next day? Don't know what to do. Edited by Winky

Timeline

My husband had his interview last year on May 21 and we are past 8 months of administrative processing. The embassy requested a new medical on October 2013 and went to his medical appointment on November 7, 2013. The doctor told him he has to see a psychologist and the appointment was scheduled on December 2, 2013. The psychologist said he passed and that the result will arrive at the embassy one week to a month. We're past 2 months from his last appointment. My husband called numerous times to the office and they claim they will send it the next day? Don't know what to do.

that is so frustrating...

has he been approved? did they say that if he got the medical exam done that they would give him the visa?

I am just so concerned that after all this time they will just tell us NO...

that is so frustrating...

has he been approved? did they say that if he got the medical exam done that they would give him the visa?

I am just so concerned that after all this time they will just tell us NO...

The embassy don't tell me nothing. I believe his visa will be issued after he redo his requested medicals but somehow, we are stuck with the psychology one.

Mabel, have you emailed the embassy and ask?

Timeline

The embassy don't tell me nothing. I believe his visa will be issued after he redo his requested medicals but somehow, we are stuck with the psychology one.

Mabel, have you emailed the embassy and ask?

yes, I've emailed about once a month, and get the standard... "we can't do anything until you are out of administrative processing..."

just tired of feeling like my hands are tied and I can't do anything to help the situation.

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

CASE UPDATE: I601/I212 approved Dec 12,2013. Got approval notices for both waivers Dec 17th.

Got first Instruction letter email Jan 7,2014 asked only for husbands passport. Husband sent passport via cargo express same day Jan 7,2014. Embassy got passport next day Jan 8th. Case on CEAC website went from ***REFUSED to READY on Jan 6th to AP Jan 7th thru Jan 21. (On Jan 21 case went from AP/READY thru Feb 5th)and Jan 22 husband got 2nd Instruction Letter email he needed updated medicals (which we knew had expired last ones where taken in April 2013) husband was able to redo medical next day Jan 23 with DR.Claudia. Dr. Sent embassy results following day Jan 24. On Feb 6th case went to AP AGAIN!!

Anyone have any idea how long it takes embassy to review updated medicals and issue visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.