449 posts in this topic

Hi-

I am new to this forum. What is the best way to contact the embassy in El Salvador. I have noticed the case is updating a lot lately.

By email because that's probably their preferre method of communication. Are you in administrative processing? Edited by Winky

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

tomorrow makes 10 weeks... nothing... nothing since I emailed on September 19th... uffff

I know how you feel mabel. All you can do is be patient. You should try emailing again to see what's up.

As for me, Im not sure if I have to send an inquiry to the embassy. My husband is going around with the medical request letter I got in my mailbox. My husband called the doctor he went last time and said that this couldn't be right since its not yet expired and what is happening is that this medical could mean that his visa will be issued soon. No one is sure of this. My husband will do something as I scanned the papers to him. I'm praying for a miracle.

Edited by Winky

yes we are in administrative processing. What is the email? Thank you

congensansal@state.gov

You're welcome.

Bumping again for anyone who read my posts.

Still waiting after 5 months but my husband will undergo another medical on November 7. My guess would be that his visa will be issued after this and even the doctor who attended my husband before said the same thing. Let's hope so because this is way too much and I'll wait contacting the embassy. Good luck to others who are still stuck.

Edited by Winky

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I am growing more and more concerned... the medicals expire after 5 months, right? but, at which point will they request you to have another one? We have hit 3 months since my fiancé had his medical... If there is no response, at what point will they ask us to have them redone?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Ok, trying to main calm... my fiancé got a call from the embassy today verifying his info... saying they are starting the investigations.... has anyone had this happen? Is this typical? Is there any average timeline for something like this? Feeling a tiny bit hopeful :) thanks!!!

Filed: Timeline

Still waiting after 5 months but my husband will undergo another medical on November 7. My guess would be that his visa will be issued after this and even the doctor who attended my husband before said the same thing. Let's hope so because this is way too much and I'll wait contacting the embassy. Good luck to others who are still stuck.

why was your put in AP in the first place?

Im sure it will be issued after he sends the new medicals keep us updated

I am growing more and more concerned... the medicals expire after 5 months, right? but, at which point will they request you to have another one? We have hit 3 months since my fiancé had his medical... If there is no response, at what point will they ask us to have them redone?

Medicals are valid for 6 months but I find it odd that they wanted another medical before 6 months. I don't know but I guess they wanted a new one because it was close to the expiration date. We gotta do what the embassy wants.

At least the embassy let you know what is going on with your case.

why was your put in AP in the first place?

Because they were doing a background check on him.

do you know reason? sorry curious, ours in ap for I864 for 2 months but already gave them the papers needed

When my husband went to the interview, the consul said everything was in order but was missing the 2012 tax transcript from our co-sponsor. He send the missing paper along with his passport so that they issue his visa but we have been waiting ever since. 2 months later the embassy called my husband and asked for procedimientos judiciales because he did have trouble but luckily it's nothing severe. That's when I realized they are looking at his background. 2 months later, they asked for a medical which he's going to take this November.

Edited by Winky

Filed: Timeline

When my husband went to the interview, the consul said everything was in order but was missing the 2012 tax transcript from our co-sponsor. He send the missing paper along with his passport so that they issue his visa but we have been waiting ever since. 2 months later the embassy called my husband and asked for procedimientos judiciales because he did have trouble but luckily it's nothing severe. That's when I realized they are looking at his background. 2 months later, they asked for a medical which he's going to take this November.

Why did they not do this before interview? seems irresponsible of embassy- sorry to hear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.