449 posts in this topic

Hi have you emailed them yes they never tell you how long it might take we just have wait and hope it all.ends soon it seems alot of people are in the same situation.

Yes, I even figured out how to reach someone by phone, it's tricky, by dialing the 703 number and then going through some menus until you get to the embassy info, then you can actually get someone on the line. I've talked to many different people, each with their own version of how long it's supposed to take- 30 days; 60 days; 90 days; 180 days; and of course, "there is no time frame"

Yes, I even figured out how to reach someone by phone, it's tricky, by dialing the 703 number and then going through some menus until you get to the embassy info, then you can actually get someone on the line. I've talked to many different people, each with their own version of how long it's supposed to take- 30 days; 60 days; 90 days; 180 days; and of course, "there is no time frame"

Let us know how you get to talk to someone i always get those menus and never get anyone. No one ever gives the same answer its the same with the DOS every agent says something different.

Thank you Mxy22, Imma look for it. Each day I feel like my depression is getting worse. I feel so stressed out, and well yeah, I'm unhappy. But, I'm praying and I'm keeping myself optimistic. I guess I should start focusing on another activity and not checking ceac site multiple times a day.

Yes look for it i try not to think to much but at night i cant sleep thinking. I check ceac so many times a day

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

good evening guys...it is very hard to get a hold of anyone at the embassy/consulate...ive chatted with a couple of people...it seems they do not have a clue as to what they are doing either...so it seems useless...i always call the dos and just ask for updates...all we can do is wait be patient..once god has the ideal moment for us to be reunited with our loved ones he will do it out of nowhere...my husband's waiver approvals came to us as a surprise and that moment was perfect...i was at work...cant ever forget that moment..so im waiting for our "surprise" be patient guys im gonna try to be but positive to help us all in this journey...hence "visa journey" he he he :)

Nothing new. Ceac still shows refused for us

Ours still says AP i cant believe its been over 3 months and they havent finished reviewing the documents.

Timeline

Today I chatted with the reps over the Internet. I asked about my husband's visa status. This is what the rep told me "thank you for your information. Let me inform you that your passport is at the embassy in the process of being delivered to the express cargo agency you selected in our profile". She told me it would take 3-10 days for my hubby to get his passport. I was confused as ceac still shows "refused" and no updates on ustraveldocs. I told her about it. She then apologized and said that the case is still under review. That an officer is reviewing and to expect to get notified any day now. I don't know how much to believe. Has anyone gotten passport and visa issued but not showing up in ceac and/or ustraveldocs ?

I'm hoping it did get issued. I'm holding unto gods hands through this.

Timeline

Did you know, the people on the phone or the people you chat with are all in Mexico and they do not know anything about our cases all they know is the information we get from the web site that is it!.These people work with scripts they have no idea or any knowledge about immigration issues and it's not their fault....after all they're getting pay very low ....how I know... I used to work at a call center here in El Salvador but then it was moved to Mexico.

Edited by loroko01

Timeline

Oh wow I didn't know. Yes most of the things they say don't make sense. Why would the government do that? I always thought they were in el salvadr. When I've called them seems like they are salvadoran with the accent...weird.

You worked at that call center?

Today I chatted with the reps over the Internet. I asked about my husband's visa status. This is what the rep told me "thank you for your information. Let me inform you that your passport is at the embassy in the process of being delivered to the express cargo agency you selected in our profile". She told me it would take 3-10 days for my hubby to get his passport. I was confused as ceac still shows "refused" and no updates on ustraveldocs. I told her about it. She then apologized and said that the case is still under review. That an officer is reviewing and to expect to get notified any day now. I don't know how much to believe. Has anyone gotten passport and visa issued but not showing up in ceac and/or ustraveldocs ?

I'm hoping it did get issued. I'm holding unto gods hands through this.

You talked to one of the reps on ustraveldocs?

Hoping its true you should email congensansal see what they tell you. :) crossing my fingers

Timeline

Yes you can call the 703 number and get someone in Spanish. I think I called that number a month ago and was able to get through. The 202 number is dos and 703 is ustraveldocs. Yes I'll email them tomorrow and will attach the chat as reference. I email the chats to my email all the time.

Timeline

My case was finally updated...just the date from Jul 15th now it shows Sep 10th and no visa issued so the waiting goes on and on God knows until when...how crazy this is .Has anyone recieved a good news !!??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.