449 posts in this topic

hey girls!!

So this completely sucks!! I'm sooo upset/sad/frustrated and annoyed at how the system works in El Salvador!! I emailed them again yesterday and finally got a reply today which was:
Dear Mr. G:

We acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding your immigrant visa petition.

We have reviewed your case and noticed that is undergoing a legally required administrative processing at this moment.

There is not an estimated time for this type of processing, each case is different. Once the administrative processing is completed we will contact you directly.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Correspondence and Information Unit
Consular Section
United States Embassy
San Salvador, El Salvador

This is such BS! Why couldn't they tell our husbands when they went to the interview!! They called my husband after the interview and told him after 2 weeks he would be getting his passport which is this week and now they come with this BS! It's sooo not fair for anyone of us to go through this!! They updated CEAC to today but still I am soooo sad and upset :( :( :( At this point I am losing hope because its like when things were going soo good right during the interview when they gave my husband the approval slip and that he would have everything in one week now its no time frame!! I honestly don't know what to think now they are sooo unorganized and it just makes me lose all hope :(

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

J&f.

That's the exact email winky received. Hmmmmm something is not right. Seems that a lot of the verbiage they use is the same. Seems its just a script that they copy and paste. The email I received is in Spanish. I wish I could translate and see idiot might mean the same thing. Although it doesn't ay anything about "proceso administrativo". This is so corrupt. I'm sorry. Keep your head up and not lose hope. That's the last thing you want to lose

J&f

That's from congensansal email right?

J&F

i can't believe they are doing this why can't they do this from the beginning i hope they don't take too long with AP.

Samber0408

the email do look generic they all sound about the same the one i got never mentioned AP. Why was your in spanish?

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I usually send mine in Spanish. I feel it's more formal... "Usted", agradecida, etc :P I work with the public and sometimes I feel Spanish is a more polite language than English. Lol...

I usually send mine in Spanish. I feel it's more formal... "Usted", agradecida, etc :P I work with the public and sometimes I feel Spanish is a more polite language than English. Lol...

Ok no wonder that is true i always send in english cuz what if they write back in their weird wording they might just confuse me lol

I know!! Everything is just a script that they use no matter how much info I write in the emails that is specific to my case I wish they would do the same when they reply but they obviously don't :( :( :( I really dont understand why they are doing this its crazyy. Yeah the email is from congensansal. I will probably email them again next week because they told my husband 2-3 weeks which 2 weeks was yesterday and 3 weeks is next week

J&f.

That's the exact email winky received. Hmmmmm something is not right. Seems that a lot of the verbiage they use is the same. Seems its just a script that they copy and paste. The email I received is in Spanish. I wish I could translate and see idiot might mean the same thing. Although it doesn't ay anything about "proceso administrativo". This is so corrupt. I'm sorry. Keep your head up and not lose hope. That's the last thing you want to lose
J&f

That's from congensansal email right?

LOL, oh wow.

I wonder if sending an email to the slowpoke embassy with a picture of my baby with a text saying 'I need my daddy' will make any difference.

Edited by Winky

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

it wouldn't make a difference unfortunately :( our son just turned 4 and he has a kidney disease called nephrotic syndrome and now he is steroid dependent and when he relapses his body retains with water and gets swollen in his belly and his face omg its soooo sad :( i sent pictures of our son to the embassy with a whole description of our son's disease and that it could lead to kidney failure and nothing! :( my hopes are soo down now its not fair that any of us and our families with children have to suffer like this!!

LOL, oh wow.

I wonder if sending an email to the slowpoke embassy with a picture of my baby with a text saying 'I need my daddy' will make any difference.

it wouldn't make a difference unfortunately :( our son just turned 4 and he has a kidney disease called nephrotic syndrome and now he is steroid dependent and when he relapses his body retains with water and gets swollen in his belly and his face omg its soooo sad :( i sent pictures of our son to the embassy with a description of our son's disease and that it could lead to kidney failure and nothing! :( my hopes are soo down now its not fair that any of us and our families with children have to suffer like this!!

Sorry to hear this you would think they would expedite your case they are heartless. They have all our families separated we all have children missing out having their fathers wish they would fix this issue and process cases much quicker we as US citizens have rights but they don't care and have us waiting so long to be reunited with our spouses like if we are criminal paying a sentence. Edited by Mxy22

it wouldn't make a difference unfortunately :( our son just turned 4 and he has a kidney disease called nephrotic syndrome and now he is steroid dependent and when he relapses his body retains with water and gets swollen in his belly and his face omg its soooo sad :( i sent pictures of our son to the embassy with a whole description of our son's disease and that it could lead to kidney failure and nothing! :( my hopes are soo down now its not fair that any of us and our families with children have to suffer like this!!

I'm sorry you are going through this. It won't make a difference then. Seems like our only option is to wait. Estamos cagados...

Thank you MXY and Winky. This is soo not fair! there are soo many illegal ppl in the US committing crimes and none of our husbands are criminals!! I know of some people that cross the border multiple multiple times and then get papers that do illegal things!! I think its BS because us girls as US citizens just want to be with our husband's and we are dong everything the right and correct way and still we get treated like ####### :( I just called my lawyer to see what outcomes they have had in the past in response to the letter that i received and he said sometimes people wait months and over a year also and that there is really nothing that can be done regardless of situations...My lawyer also said that this can be a way of them just putting the case on the side for now :( such bs and not fair at all to any of us!! I keep praying that things work out for all of us and to live the life we want with our families!

Sorry to hear this you would think they would expedite your case they are heartless. They have all our families separated we all have children missing out having their fathers wish they would fix this issue and process cases much quicker we as US citizens have rights but they don't care and have us waiting so long to be reunited with our spouses like if we are criminal paying a sentence.

Thank you MXY and Winky. This is soo not fair! there are soo many illegal ppl in the US committing crimes and none of our husbands are criminals!! I know of some people that cross the border multiple multiple times and then get papers that do illegal things!! I think its BS because us girls as US citizens just want to be with our husband's and we are dong everything the right and correct way and still we get treated like ####### :( I just called my lawyer to see what outcomes they have had in the past in response to the letter that i received and he said sometimes people wait months and over a year also and that there is really nothing that can be done regardless of situations...My lawyer also said that this can be a way of them just putting the case on the side for now :( such bs and not fair at all to any of us!! I keep praying that things work out for all of us and to live the life we want with our families!

You are right theres people with bad criminal records that gotten their green card and our husbands that have no record are the ones paying for that. We are left with no choice but wait my husband they are still reviewing the documents its gonna be 3 months next week since they received them.

Rant time.

I'm mad. I'm mad at the US embassy in ES. I'm mad because my husband is not here with me. I'm mad because it's been 3 months since the interview date. I'm mad because I've seen people getting immigration benefits easily and their marriages are not even real. The heck is wrong with the system? :mad:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.