449 posts in this topic

My god. mad.gif

I don't know about you guys but yesterday I was randomly checking out El Salvador's ustraveldocs.com and I noticed something different on Other Information on Application Pending Further Action page (aka 221(g) or Administrative Processing).

Other Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after your interview with a consular officer. You will be advised of this possibility during your interview. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview, but some cases can take up to eight months. When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case. You are reminded to apply early for your visa, well in advance of your anticipated date of travel.

I swear last time I was at that page, this little text wasn't there.

Wow i think that kind of processing is for AP that is background checks with the government here in Washington and those AP are mostly for high alert countries with terrorism. Dont worry thats not what we are in because they have asked our husbands for more documents and most cases like that i have seen they dont anything from them after their interview.

Gang affiliation in El Salvador is the only security threat I can think of. This is where this 8 month AP comes in. Let's keep our fingers crossed for something good this week. smile.png

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Gang affiliation in El Salvador is the only security threat I can think of. This is where this 8 month AP comes in. Let's keep our fingers crossed for something good this week. smile.png

Yeah thats the only threat i thought of too our husbands dont have any affiliation so not to worry. Yes hopeful something will happen this weeks for all of us.

Winky you are right. The 8 month timeframe wasn't there. Hmmmmmmm bad bad bad people...prolonging ap cases[/quote

Im sure this will be for people with criminal past or gang affiliation

8 months! I dont remember reading that there but when I contact US traveldocs they tell me most cases are resolved within 60 days and some can take up to 8 months!! Its crazyy because you would expect them to have all their "background checks" done before interviews/submission of documents so that they can just review the documents and issue the visas!! I still havent received a response from the consulate and this week is the 2 week mark and its getting me worried because I'm hoping they didn't tell my husband 2 weeks just to give some random time frame :/ and all the gang/crime going on in ES right now isn't helping at all!! It's just making the cases take foreverrrrr to process!! I just keep praying for all of us :)

I want to let you guys know I send an email to the embassy in El Salvador last week, August 21, and today I got a response. This is what it says:

Dear Mrs. B:

We acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding the immigrant visa petition of Mr. R.

We have reviewed Mr. R's immigrant visa petition and noticed that his case is undergoing a legally required administrative processing. The Embassy cannot continue with the application until the processing is complete. There is not an estimate of time for this type of processing, each case is different.

As soon as the visa application process is complete, we will contact the applicant.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Correspondence and Information Unit
Consular Section

United States Embassy
San Salvador, El Salvador

I forgot to add.

What legally required administrative processing means?

OMG! That is crazy that they are telling you this now even though he was approved back in May right? And what do they mean that they cannot continue with the application? Do they mean that they cannot continue until AP is done? I have no idea what legally required AP means because I haven't heard of that before :/

I am soo sorry to hear this!! Since you have a baby you can try expediting the request even though they state that there is no estimate time for this type of procesing and see what they say. Some attorneys suggest putting the request with an attorney letterhead and that it can be sent in frequently until something positive happens. By the way, what email address did you email because I emailed them the 13th to congensansal and still no response.

I want to let you guys know I send an email to the embassy in El Salvador last week, August 21, and today I got a response. This is what it says:

Dear Mrs. B:

We acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding the immigrant visa petition of Mr. R.

We have reviewed Mr. R's immigrant visa petition and noticed that his case is undergoing a legally required administrative processing. The Embassy cannot continue with the application until the processing is complete. There is not an estimate of time for this type of processing, each case is different.

As soon as the visa application process is complete, we will contact the applicant.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Correspondence and Information Unit
Consular Section

United States Embassy
San Salvador, El Salvador

J&F2008,

Thank you for your response. Even if I try to expedite, they are not going to make it faster because the case is in AP and they can't do anything until the processing is complete. What I believe they are doing is probably background checks, because when they asked for proceso judiciales at the beginning of August they meant court records from 2 certain years. He had trouble but it happened when he was very young.

I remain optimistic because I know that soon, he will be here with us.

congensansal@state.gov is the embassy's email address. Try emailing again. I also send another email yesterday because I thought they forgot the other I send. :)

Edited by Winky

Never heard of legally required AP its just background checks they are doing. If he had problems when he was young and he turned in the proceso judicial and hasnt had any problems since then he should be fine.

Have they updated your status on ceac from that email they sent you. They never updated mine

Edited by Mxy22

Have they updated your status on ceac from that email they sent you. They never updated mine

No, they didn't.

Edited by Winky

Ok. Have you tried calling the DOS to see what they tell you maybe they can better explain it

I haven't called DOS, but I'll try to call them.

I haven't called DOS, but I'll try to call them.

You should see what they tell you. This embassy really amazes me how slow they work and all the trouble they make people go through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.