449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hey there when my husband sent in his passport it did say passport being delivered to post. Then after a couple of weeks it changed to no update on passport. It still says that. I actually check it as well. My husband is also an ir1 visa. He had to submit two waivers and were approved back in May.

Hey guyss I forgot to ask in my earlier post but do any of you track the passport on US travel docs? I have been tracking it since last week since that was the interview and since he was told he was approved however whenever I check the status it says no information has found for the passport number entered. I wanted to know if any of yours says that the embassy has the passport? And are all of you in the IR1 category? Thankss :)

Yes i track passport too and it says no info found for passport # no it doesn't say if embassy has it im sure they have it we sent it with the additional docume they asked if they have the documents they have to have the passport. We are IR1 category

Timeline

In the email I received today. I was told that the pending cases go to the consular section as they have an overload in the immigrant visa unit...so that's why we since we were required additional documentation have to wait more.. Bummer. Hopefully the consular section picks up the pace.

In the email I received today. I was told that the pending cases go to the consular section as they have an overload in the immigrant visa unit...so that's why we since we were required additional documentation have to wait more.. Bummer. Hopefully the consular section picks up the pace.

Whats the consular section?

I really hope they do process our visas soon...i believe they put the visas after waiver approval on second table. The immigrant visas for those that have never been in the states most of the time get processed within 2-3 weeks. Sucks. My hubby has access to my paycheck stubs, w2 and taxes since my work has all my stuff online and my taxes were e filed. So him getting them and printing them out shouldn't be to hard. Let's hope they really don't ask for anything.

My husband have been told the processing would take 2-3 weeks since he never was in the US and never done anything illegal. The lady at cargo expreso told him that. It's been exactly 3 months since the interview and we are still in this AP #######.

I just got a response from congensansal. I was told that my hubby's case is still pending revisión. That they have a full work load and are backed up. They are working as fast and efficient as possible. They are working cases as they are being received. That gives me hope that this wait is coming to an end soon. It sounded more promising than the previous emails.

That's good news. I think the email I send from August 2 was replied a week later by calling my husband.

Hey guyss I forgot to ask in my earlier post but do any of you track the passport on US travel docs? I have been tracking it since last week since that was the interview and since he was told he was approved however whenever I check the status it says no information has found for the passport number entered. I wanted to know if any of yours says that the embassy has the passport? And are all of you in the IR1 category? Thankss smile.png

I have and when I put his passport number, it says there is no info for the passport number entered. His passport is at the embassy and we are in IR-1 as well. smile.png

Edited by Winky

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Timeline

Geeshh so it's all around that they are taking a long time to process the docs...I'm ready for my hubby to come back...I feel so lonely. All my family is back home in Los Angeles and I'm in Nevada....it's so sad to see all my friends with their partners and me always going to events by myself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I am new here, trying to navigate the whole process and figure out what comes next. I have researched this topic to death, and just can't seem to find what I need. My fiancé went to his interview on August 14th along with his daughter (of whom he has legal custody). The interview seems to have went well, but he was told by the consul that they did not doubt our relationship, but that they needed to continue the investigation... now we are in AP. I am encouraged because our relationship is solid, and they appear to see that, but I am concerned, because he wasn't given any papers, wasn't required to send any further paperwork. They kept everything except for the passports, and said that they would call if they needed anything, and took his phone number... some background on us, we met in El Salvador, plenty of proof to document our relationship, no involvement in anything illegal, and he has never been to the U.S. Any ideas on what type of AP this could be?- the whole "long one" concerns me greatly... thanks!

Timeline

Mabel...most likely it's the long ap...of it would have been the short one they would have kept his passport and/or given him the 221g form for updates on docs. You might want to call the dos and ask about the status. They might give you additional info...does he have a common name? Most of the time that's the issue. They just want to verify names alias etc to this of criminals. If it doesn't change in like a week to ready or any updates on ceac then it's probably the 6-8 weeks ap...don't want to discourage you so keep your head up.

Mabel how did the medical results go with your fiancé and stepdaughter? Does he have docs stating that he has full custody of her? That can also be a trigger.

Timeline

yes, we went through the lawyer to make sure that the legal custody was 100% legit. He has had custody since February or March. Included on the official papers that were signed by the mom, is permission to take her out of the country (didn't want mom to changer her mind at the last minute). The medical results went well, as far as we were told, nothing was wrong- well, we weren't told anything was wrong (if that makes sense). So, by "long AP"- that's the 2 month one (average)...? I had kind of assumed, just hoping it doesn't extend too much further past that...

Timeline

Is it most likely that we will be approved, or is there a possibility of denial? We have everything in order, have done everything asked of us, and he has had NO previous involvement in anything that I believe would cause a red flag... Trying to prepare myself for the good and the bad... (and thinking of solutions for either situation).

ALSO- when I checked on CEAC, our status was updated August 19th to Administrative Processing- not sure if that was the most recent update after his interview, or if it has been looked at since... I will keep checking every day :)

Edited by mabel321

Timeline

Is it most likely that we will be approved, or is there a possibility of denial? We have everything in order, have done everything asked of us, and he has had NO previous involvement in anything that I believe would cause a red flag... Trying to prepare myself for the good and the bad... (and thinking of solutions for either situation).

Good luck on it. Most likely he will get approved. Usually the denied ones are auto it's rare to see some go on ap and then get denied unless something did come up. If all goes downhill then you can just marry him and request for Jim via the ir1 visa.

Timeline

Thanks for the help! That's kind of what our back-up plan is, but I just don't want to wait another year to have them here... I think everyone on this forum feels that way- the wait is killer.

Geeshh so it's all around that they are taking a long time to process the docs...I'm ready for my hubby to come back...I feel so lonely. All my family is back home in Los Angeles and I'm in Nevada....it's so sad to see all my friends with their partners and me always going to events by myself.

I know, right? It's been almost a year since I left El Salvador. It sucked leaving my husband behind and sucked more that he wasn't here when our son was born. Our son is turning 5 months soon. Damn, we need him so much.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

I know, right? It's been almost a year since I left El Salvador. It sucked leaving my husband behind and sucked more that he wasn't here when our son was born. Our son is turning 5 months soon. Damn, we need him so much.

I know it sucks waiting being separated i got back 4 months ago i went to spend 5 months with my husband i spent our sons 2nd bday and christmas, new yrs with him. Praying that this will all come to an end for us all soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.