449 posts in this topic

Yeah, I wonder why it's taking long to respond inquiries. I send an inquiry on August 2 and I haven't gotten a reply. On August 8, almost a week later after sending the email, the embassy called my husband because they needed an additional document. One week later, he called the embassy, and they told him to present himself with the document the next day. He went there and they told him if they need anything else, they will call him. Today is Monday and if nothing happens by the end of this week, I will start emailing the embassy.

Edited by Winky

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

That's a bummer...almost more than two weeks and no response??? Well that just made me lose some hopes of hearing Anything soon...I'm gonna submit a feedback on ustraveldocs. Hopefully they can escalate it and get me a response as well...my husband is losing faith...although he doesn't tell me I can feel it when we talk. He isn't excited anymore. I'm scared he feels he never is gonna come back home....it's breaking my heart to hear him and see my daughter upset.

No nothing yet. I submitted it on tuesday of last week. The 13. :( I wonder why it's taking a longer time this time around. They must be really backed up.

I did call the dos and asked about the visa status. I was told the same thing I was told it's under review. The guy even told me when they received all docs. I asked if I should send the 2012 1040 docs for the taxes but the guy said no. That I shouldn't send anything unless they ask for it.

Ok yeah i still havent gotten a response they are taking longer. Ok you just have to wait and see if they request it does your husband have all the tax info ready remember they want an updated AOS with original signature. Hope they respond to our email lets keep eachother other updated on our cases :). Im glad we can relate to eachother other dont feel so alone in this lets keep praying girls :)

Timeline

I really hope they do process our visas soon...i believe they put the visas after waiver approval on second table. The immigrant visas for those that have never been in the states most of the time get processed within 2-3 weeks. Sucks. My hubby has access to my paycheck stubs, w2 and taxes since my work has all my stuff online and my taxes were e filed. So him getting them and printing them out shouldn't be to hard.

Let's hope they really don't ask for anything.

I really hope they do process our visas soon...i believe they put the visas after waiver approval on second table. The immigrant visas for those that have never been in the states most of the time get processed within 2-3 weeks. Sucks. My hubby has access to my paycheck stubs, w2 and taxes since my work has all my stuff online and my taxes were e filed. So him getting them and printing them out shouldn't be to hard. Let's hope they really don't ask for anything.

I hope so too its taking too long if they need more documents just let us know already. Thats good he has access to that but my husband was asked for a new affidavit of support filled out with 2012 income and had to have my original signature good thing i sent it to him he got it a week before his interview. Its the i864 does he have a new one filled just in case.

Timeline

I hope so too its taking too long if they need more documents just let us know already. Thats good he has access to that but my husband was asked for a new affidavit of support filled out with 2012 income and had to have my original signature good thing i sent it to him he got it a week before his interview. Its the i864 does he have a new one filled just in case.

No he doesn't...it's the one that has to be signed by the notary public stating that my hubby will not be a charge to the welfare system right? I'll get on it just in case

No he doesn't...it's the one that has to be signed by the notary public stating that my hubby will not be a charge to the welfare system right? I'll get on it just in case

Yes that one its the I-864 you fill one out and if you have a co sponser he fills one out and sign it an mail it to him just in case its better to be prepared. I dont know if a notary signs it i know its who ever is sponsering him. I signed one and since my income was not enough i have a co sponser he signed one too.

Edited by Mxy22

Timeline

Yes that one its the I-864 you fill one out and if you have a co sponser he fills one out and sign it an mail it to him just in case its better to be prepared. I dont know if a notary signs it i know its who ever is sponsering him. I signed one and since my income was not enough i have a co sponser he signed one too.

I don't have a Co sponsor its just me who signed. So it will be easier. I'll get on it tomorrow. Thanks for that myxxx

I don't have a Co sponsor its just me who signed. So it will be easier. I'll get on it tomorrow. Thanks for that myxxx

Your welcome i just want you to be prepared in case an not be running around later cuz it takes a couple daya for them to receive mail over there ... it will be much easier since you dont have a co sponsor.

Timeline

I just got a response from congensansal. I was told that my hubby's case is still pending revisión. That they have a full work load and are backed up. They are working as fast and efficient as possible. They are working cases as they are being received. That gives me hope that this wait is coming to an end soon. It sounded more promising than the previous emails.

Glad that you got a response from the consulate! I have yet to receive a response in which I emailed them on the 13th but I'm thinking that since they had called my husband on the 15th that they won't email me back. I do notice that the update dates are changing on CEAC, first it was the 12th as ready, then the 13th as AP, then the 16th another update and again today. I called DOS again today and they told me that the consulate is still reviewing everything and will issue the visa as soon as they are done. I am hoping we all get our visas issued soon by the end of this month! I can imagine how backed up they are but I just wish they would work a lil faster :P

I just got a response from congensansal. I was told that my hubby's case is still pending revisión. That they have a full work load and are backed up. They are working as fast and efficient as possible. They are working cases as they are being received. That gives me hope that this wait is coming to an end soon. It sounded more promising than the previous emails.

Timeline

J&f and mxy. When you guys call the dos what exactly do you ask? Sorry for the question. I ask about status updates on my husband's visa and all I'm told is being reviewed but nothing else. I want to know a way to get more info out of them.

J&f and mxy. When you guys call the dos what exactly do you ask? Sorry for the question. I ask about status updates on my husband's visa and all I'm told is being reviewed but nothing else. I want to know a way to get more info out of them.

Hi im glad you got a response back i will probably get a response by the end of the week. When i call i ask for status update and they tell me its in AP i ask if its because of the documents i sent they say yes they are reviewing then i ask so its not the long AP they say no.

When I call DOS I just tell them that there was an update on the case on CEAC and right then they ask me for my case # which then they look into it for a few minutes sometimes and they tell me very detailed responses for example, when they received the medical exam which travel docs couldn't even tell me that and other times when they receive requests. Since the last few updates that occured within the week of the interview they haven't been putting information but instead they told me that all the updates state that they are "continuously/constantly working on the case". Ahhhhh I just hope we can all finally have our prayers answered and have our husbands visas issued. Please keep us posted for any updates :) :)

Hey guyss I forgot to ask in my earlier post but do any of you track the passport on US travel docs? I have been tracking it since last week since that was the interview and since he was told he was approved however whenever I check the status it says no information has found for the passport number entered. I wanted to know if any of yours says that the embassy has the passport? And are all of you in the IR1 category? Thankss :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.