449 posts in this topic

Hello guys. I wonder if you can help me on this one. My husband went to his interview on May 21, 2013 at the embassy in San Salvador. Our case is a returned case. The CO checked his papers and told him everything looked good. He then told my hubby he needed to bring the latest taxes of the year 2012 from my joint sponsor because we thought it wasn't needed. He did brought the W-2 but CO wanted the form 1040. I delivered the document a week later on May 26 and he sent it on May 27, along with his passport because the officer told him. The stuff arrived at the embassy the next day and we haven't heard from them since. The case status on the website says Administrative Processing with the latest update showing May 28. I want to know why is taking so long? Is he really in AP? Or it's because of the doc? My husband told me that he'll get his visa as soon as he send the doc but it's been more than 2 weeks and this Tuesday will be 3 weeks. I'm depressed because I was hoping he'll be here before his birthday on Tuesday and our third anniversary this Thursday. We have a 2 month baby and I really need him more than ever.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sometimes it takes them awhile to process new documents. You have to wait until they get to your case. I'm sure your husband will get his visa soon just give it a month or 2.

Sometimes it takes them awhile to process new documents. You have to wait until they get to your case. I'm sure your husband will get his visa soon just give it a month or 2.

I know we have to wait because on Jun 17 I send an email to the embassy and three days later I got a reply. Let's hope it takes a month and not two because I'm having a hard time. Thanks for your help. :)

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi winky,

My husband is also in El Salvador. His waivers were approved may 24, 2013. The embassy told me yesterday that they sent him the documents with instructions on what to submit. They sent them out in may she stated. My husband still hasn't recieved the documents. Therefore we haven't been able to submit any documentation to get his passport stamped with his visa. My question to you is how long after all the approvals did your husband get his documents? I'm so worried. I don't want the documents to get lost. Thank you in advance.

Hi winky,

My husband is also in El Salvador. His waivers were approved may 24, 2013. The embassy told me yesterday that they sent him the documents with instructions on what to submit. They sent them out in may she stated. My husband still hasn't recieved the documents. Therefore we haven't been able to submit any documentation to get his passport stamped with his visa. My question to you is how long after all the approvals did your husband get his documents? I'm so worried. I don't want the documents to get lost. Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I can't answer your question but have you called directly to the embassy? If you haven't, try taking action by calling them or email them. Tell them you haven't received your documents.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you heard anything back from your case? My husband had interview may 31 was asked to submit more documents and his passport by cargo express he sent them on june 5 embassy received it june 6 we are still waiting the ceac site says administrative processing.

Have you heard anything back from your case? My husband had interview may 31 was asked to submit more documents and his passport by cargo express he sent them on june 5 embassy received it june 6 we are still waiting the ceac site says administrative processing.

I send an email to the embassy 2 weeks ago (June 17) and 3 days later I got a reply saying the consular is currently reviewing our case and that once the process is complete, they will contact my husband. No visa status change, just the update date was changed.

Edited by Winky

I send an email to the embassy 2 weeks ago (June 17) and 3 days later I got a reply saying the consular is currently reviewing our case and that once the process is complete, they will contact my husband. No visa status change, just the update date was changed.[/quote

Hopefully they issue your husbands visa soon. Can you please give me the embassy email? i'm gonna email them

I send an email to the embassy 2 weeks ago (June 17) and 3 days later I got a reply saying the consular is currently reviewing our case and that once the process is complete, they will contact my husband. No visa status change, just the update date was changed.

Hopefully they issue your husbands visa soon. Can you please give me the embassy email? i'm gonna email them

This is their

email » congensansal@state.gov

Yes, hopefully.

Where do you see status update dates?

https://ceac.state.gov/

This is where I check the status.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I had my interview for an F4 visa and got 221g they wanted a police certificate from the USA since I lived there when I was 16, I sent all they asked for 2 weeks ago and nothing yet.....lot of money spent and at the end not sure if they will issue a visa. I believe we must wait and pray GOD to have it issued he is the only one we can trust!!!

I had my interview for an F4 visa and got 221g they wanted a police certificate from the USA since I lived there when I was 16, I sent all they asked for 2 weeks ago and nothing yet.....lot of money spent and at the end not sure if they will issue a visa. I believe we must wait and pray GOD to have it issued he is the only one we can trust!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.