Sasan

"Evidence of engagement"

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im really worried about this one. In our case we havent really documented our engagement since we only talked it over thru the phone:( we couldnt present anything to prove this agreement. And we havent met yet since his last visit.

Is it really necessary to prove the engagement such as the ring and etc.? What are other chances or possible ways to prove our case?:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

with the RFE letter they ask you for the evidence that is missing in you case photo and everything that can prove your engagement . in my case we sent a lots of engagement pictures , plane tickets , sms , etc etc witch we forgot to send them in the very first time . now i am waiting for their response . anyways i know you dont want to hear that but keep waiting just a little more ;-)

I think you should be okay. My fiance and I don't have pictures of out engagement to since we didn't take pictures when he proposed but as long as you can prove your relationship is real, then it's all good. We didn't get an RFE.

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-20-2011 - We became a couple.
  • 05-16-2012 to 05-25-2012 - First visit
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 12-11-2012 to 12-18-2012 - Second visit
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 06-13-2013 to 06-14-2013 - Two-day medical exam; passed!
  • 07-19-2013 - He visits again to be with me for the interview
  • 07-22-2013 - Interview date / APPROVED!
  • 08-01-2013 - Seattle POE
  • 08-02-2013 - Arrived in MO.
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-01-2013- Sent AOS/EAD/AP in.
  • 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 11-05-2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 12-05-2013 - EAD/AP: approved
  • 12-17-2013 - Combo card received
  • 01-10-2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case
  • 01-24-2014 - Card production
  • 01-29-2014 - Card mailed
  • 01-31-2014 - Permanent Residency Card received
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

• 10-26-2015- Second Anniversary of Permanent Residency
  • 11-03-2015 - Sent I-751 application
  • 11-05-2015 - NOA1 Receipt Date
  • 12-04-2015 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 05-18-2016 - Card production

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you still waiting for NOA2 or are you up to have an interview?

For non-NOA2

dont worry. Just send what pictures,receipts, and proof of being together.

For those up for those up for an interview :

You can show pictures that you sent with the I 129F, skype logs, phone transactions to fiance, ym logs and other evidence that you are still a couple. No rings needed.

Hope that helps :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Proof of engagement is your letters of intent to marry. This is all you need to prove your engagement.

All other suggested proof is just to prove you are in a relationship, which is still good. But if you are specifically asking about proof of engagement, the letters of intent is all that is needed.

Timeline

I think you should be okay. My fiance and I don't have pictures of out engagement to since we didn't take pictures when he proposed but as long as you can prove your relationship is real, then it's all good. We didn't get an RFE.

Thanks for your reply sir. Will keep that in mind.

Timeline

Are you still waiting for NOA2 or are you up to have an interview?

For non-NOA2

dont worry. Just send what pictures,receipts, and proof of being together.

For those up for those up for an interview :

You can show pictures that you sent with the I 129F, skype logs, phone transactions to fiance, ym logs and other evidence that you are still a couple. No rings needed.

Hope that helps :)

It really did help. Thank you. Im now waiting for my interview date.

By the way, with regards to phone transactions will it be okay to show just the last 3 months? For example the calls we made since last april? I cant retrieve the previous months already

Proof of engagement is your letters of intent to marry. This is all you need to prove your engagement.

All other suggested proof is just to prove you are in a relationship, which is still good. But if you are specifically asking about proof of engagement, the letters of intent is all that is needed.

Dyo mean an updated version of the one we submit during I-129f? Ok. Thank you sir.

I don't think you need to prove that you are 'engaged', just that you have met within the last 2 years. I have heard of some people sending the papers before they are 'officially' engaged. I never sent any evidence to being engaged, even though we were at the time, I guess we sent a picture we took when we got engaged where you can see my ring on my hand, but that's it and no one would notice unless they are paying attention to that. So I wouldn't worry about it :) Other evidence is more important, like people already suggested.

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Timeline

I don't think you need to prove that you are 'engaged', just that you have met within the last 2 years. I have heard of some people sending the papers before they are 'officially' engaged. I never sent any evidence to being engaged, even though we were at the time, I guess we sent a picture we took when we got engaged where you can see my ring on my hand, but that's it and no one would notice unless they are paying attention to that. So I wouldn't worry about it :) Other evidence is more important, like people already suggested.

Ok. Thank you so much for your help:)

The last 3 months would be ok. :) you can compensate with other evidences :)

Thank you very much for your reply.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im really worried about this one. In our case we havent really documented our engagement since we only talked it over thru the phone:( we couldnt present anything to prove this agreement. And we havent met yet since his last visit.

Is it really necessary to prove the engagement such as the ring and etc.? What are other chances or possible ways to prove our case?sad.png

Your timeline is blank so not sure where you re in this process. Still waiting for the -129f approval?

The I-129F only looks for proof of having met within the past two years; photo together is something they look for. They also want the Letter of Intent stating you plan to marry within 90 days fore each of you. Don't worry about an engagement ring or receipts of same.

The embassy during the visa application asks for evidence of genuine engagement:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_rtf2_001.pdf

k. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. You must be prepared to prove to the consular officer that you have a genuine relationship with your petitioner and a clear intention to marry within 90 days of admission into the U.S. In the past, successful applicants have submitted photographs, letters, e-mails, phone records, bank records, and remittance records as evidence supporting their relationships and intent to marry.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Evidence of engagement, that is what worries me most. I got my approval on june 12, 2013. Now I started to worry about the evidence of engagement, I have friends who failed to satisfy the consulate officer and then denied to obtain the Visa. Its the most difficult part in the process. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'd suggest you go to the interview in Manila, that would help to prove you guys are engaged and why you weren't able to document it, I think

09/25/2012: Sent I-129F
10/02/2012: NOA1
12/11/2012: Touched - alien registration number changed
04/01/2013: Touched - not sure what happened here, only the date changed
04/05/2013: Touched - petitioner's address was changed

05/26/2013: RFE - letter of intent was not signed by beneficiary

05/14/2013: I-129F Approved

06/03/2013: Case forwarded to Consulate

08/27/2013: Interview - Approved!

09/05/2013: Visa in hands

11/01/2013: Moved to the US (POE Miami)

12/03/2013: We got married!! heart.gif

01/06/2014: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

01/17/2014: NOA1

02/13/2014: Biometrics appointment

03/13/2014: EAD and AP approved

04/22/2014: Case touched, change of address

04/30/2014: Notice of potential interview waiver case received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZTZum5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I cannot speak to the Phils or other Asian countries, but in the Russian countries you do not need to be "engaged". The government does not ask about "engagement". Only that you meet the requirements of the K1 process. Having met in person within two years, have a bonafide relationship, show that there is intent to get married in the 90 days after arrival. My wife and I were never "engaged". We simply had a proven relationship and then got married once she was here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.