Lurker

jdogcisco interview rally

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello,

What do you mean by interview rally and what do you mean by not being next in line? Please clarify.

Justin

You received your Pack 3 on 10/16 which was after 2 other members who have not had their interviews yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello,

What do you mean by interview rally and what do you mean by not being next in line? Please clarify.

Justin

You received your Pack 3 on 10/16 which was after 2 other members who have not had their interviews yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know anything about why I was moved up in the line. However, I did have my congressman write about 10 letters to the consulate to ask for special consideration since I was going to in Viet Nam for my child's birth and register her citizenship with the consulate - so, why not try to send us all home together.

At first the consulate would reply (avoiding the specific issue) with generic "case status" answers. Next I had my congressman write and complain that the consulate isn't answering my questions. Then there were a few times that I called the consulate directly and asked the same questions and sometimes they would be rude, so I would get their name and then complain some more. I also had the congressman write to the state department in D.C. since the appointments are actually scheduled there. SO, if all or nothing helped, I don't know. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Where did you find those online forms? I tried to get them, couldnt find them.
One of the links is wrong.

Try: Electronic Visa Application Forms

I found out a few days before my wife's interview in Moscow (October 26) about this online form. What a cluster-f@#*. I called the Moscow embassy and they were all confused about when they would start using the online version. The web site said it went into effect *ON* the 25th. But they didn't actually accept it until the 26th. One of the other ladies had the online form on the 25th and they forced her to do the Russian version there during her interview.

This how mess is so mixed up! It's enough to make someone go crazy! I know I'm going nuts with the Adjustment of Status (AOS) stuff. USCIS gives me different answers every time I call them. Then they tell me to make an Infopass appointment to drive 2 hours to ask an immigration officer a 1-minute question about a form. Gee wiz, people! Argh!!!

jdogcisco, I know a little of the frustration you've experienced. Best wishes to you and yours!

:Mike

2005-08-10: Met Natalia and fell in love. Too bad she didn't.

2006-01-13: Married. Biggest mistake of my life.

2006-03-07: Began the I-130/I-129F process.

2006-11-01: POE - JFK / Home in Austin!

2006-11-15: She hits me and continues pattern of abuse.

2006-11-16: I filed for divorce.

2006-11-17: Wife is served divorce papers; she and daughter return to Russia.

2007-12-08: She returns to Russia "for the holidays" (lied to lawyers and court).

[many more ups and downs during this time period - mostly downs]

2008-03-26: File for bankruptcy.

2008-07-30: Bankruptcy finalized.

2008-08-27: Divorce final. Started piecing my life back together.

(See my timeline for details.)

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy who married for love, but she didn't! All she wants is money and a green card.

Timeline

One of the links is wrong but I just tried to let all of you, who have fiance in Vietnam to know about this article (wrote by Vietnamese language), you can ask your fiance in Vietnam to read that article to know about the news. About the other two links of Embassy and Consulate, it's in English, I think it's enough for you to understand what they said.

The problem is the Vietnamese fiance or wife in Vietnam who is not respected when we come to the Consulate for interview or any other information. They try to bully us, it leads to make the wrong thing, then they can have the reason to deny.

I was wondering if in the other rich countries such as Canada, Australia, England, Singapore, Japan... How long it takes them to get the visa?? And who will try to bet who to come to their country: USA or Canada, Australia, England, Singapore, Japan... ???

Hien

Timeline

Ah, I see. I thought that you had to submit it online. They just dont want people to hand-fill-in their forms, right? Because my lawyer and I already have a printed form that was done online. That should be okay, right?

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Timeline
Ah, I see. I thought that you had to submit it online. They just dont want people to hand-fill-in their forms, right? Because my lawyer and I already have a printed form that was done online. That should be okay, right?

I didn't submitted with that form, the form they sent to me is DS-230, I tried to search on google to find if there is some links to apply online for that form but none, I only saw that they mentioned on the form DS-156. They delivered my packet 3 on Nov 2, 2006. I receved on Nov 4, 2006, I have checked again with the Consulate staff at the Information Window and she said it's correct, I could fulfill by Hand writting or typing. I also checked with the American Arttoneys, one in USA and one in Vietnam. They said they didn't know about that change. So, finally we decided to fulfill by "hand writing"on the form they sent to us and submitted on Nov 13, 2006.

I could submitted on the sooner date but I was later 5 days due to this confusion, when I came back on Nov 9, 2006, the Consulate closed for Holiday. I had to wait to come back on Nov 13, 2006 to submit at the Information window. On that day, there were 3 women came to submit for K*-case, including me. I looked at the others, their forms were the same: DS-230, two in three ones fulfilled the form with "hand writing".

One this article, they said that news will be effected on Nov 1, 2006. I was confused, that's why I would like to check with all the people later if they had to fulfilled online?? The Attorney of 3AD told me that he only knew about the tourist form applied online. I think that if my form is applied online, they must state on the Instruction form.

How can you apply on line for your fiance, ridejewel?? I remember your date is the same as my date, submitted on Nov 13, 2006

I don't know, let wait and see what can happen. I will come back to Consulate on Jan 15, 2007 to ask about the interview schedule.

Hien

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.