Lurker

jdogcisco interview rally

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I see that we haven't had one of these in awhile, in fact, we haven't had an interview in awhile. Cheers to you in hoping you get the pink.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Wow. How did that happen? Jdog wasn't even next in line! He's been pretty quiet on the board lately so hopefully he keeps us informed.

best of luck jdog,we hope you get the pink!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
:clock: BUMP!!!

Timeline

Good Luck!!!! Bring that Pink home!!!!!!!!!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Best of luck for the upcoming interview.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news?

Timeline

Hello,

What do you mean by interview rally and what do you mean by not being next in line? Please clarify.

First off, I want to say thanks to Tony for following up and asking about us. That was very thoughtful.

Second, I would like to tell you what a f*#$cked up day we had at the consulate:

It started of with receiving the last package (I don't know what number, but the one with the interview date). The date was set for December 11th. We received the package the Friday after Thanksgiving. In the package they sent us the applications for a spouse and not for a fiance. We noticed by the amount they wanted us to pay (over 300 USD). So I called the following Monday and they said no problem, just come to the outside window at the consule and pick up the correct applications/information. So I did. In that package were applications that were included 'for our convience' for us to use. We used them.

A side note, the Friday we recieved the letter, we did Ngan's vaccinations and on Monday we did the physical exam.

So, the day of the interview comes and while at the consulate, they refuse to process her applications because she used the ones the consulate gave her. Apparently, there is a new process where they want you do the applications online and we should have been notified at the Citibank visa payment site. This was implemented December 1st, I believe. Our date on the visa payment receipt was November 28th so there is no way we could have known about them. Ngan tried to argue that on ALL communications we received from the consulate, INCLUDING the applications, NO WHERE did it say that we had to do these online. They didn't agree with her and they told her either that she was stupid for not knowing this or lazy for not doing it. So, they kicked her out and said they would not process her any further until she did the paperwork online.

Ok, so today, this might be the new procedure, but it is a FACT that we were never notified. I complained to the lady at the front immigration window and she agreed that this was their mistake. I asked to speak with a supervisor...she tried for a long time to get one to come to the window. Finally she came back and asked for my number so that a supervisor can call and I can then file my complaint. No one ever called!!!!

So, while waiting outside, Ngan comes out and tells me the news. I asked if we can go back in later this morning. She said yes. So, we raced home, filled out the applications and came back. It took about 1 hour from the time she left the interview, drove home, filled out the application (OH, by the way, it's only ONE of the 3 applications that has to be done online),printed it, and came back.

Ngan when back inside and immediatelty they complained, "How could you do this so fast?" What #######. Nonetheless, the interview continued. They asked if we had a baby together and she said yes. They wanted to see our daughters CRBA (Consular's Report of Birth Abroad). She didn't have it. This was both or our faults, we didn't think that we should need it since our daughter is coming as a US Citizen and not as an immigrant. OH, yeah, I forgot. We both had called earlier in the process to ask about whether or not we need to write our daughter's information down on Ngan's applications. They said, "No, she will be coming as a US Citizen". So, during the interview, they asked, why isn't your daughter's information written down on the applications. Ngan explained and they only complained that Ngan was stupid and said that our daughter did need to be on the application. So, Ngan wrote it down while she was there. THAT's why they asked for our daughters CRBA. Immediately, Ngan knew that she didn't pass her interview. Next they asked her for telephone bills. They aren't even interested in any other evidence that had brought with her. She said we don't have any records of telephone calls. We talk online for free. So, the American employee who was standing behind the VN interview her asked in a real snoty tone, "Oh, so he N E V E R called you from America". Ngan answered, yes, but so infrequently that it wouldn't substatiate any relationship and besides he (me) used a phone card. So after that, she got the blue paper asking for more information. BASTARDS!!! She ask if she can come back today and they said, "I doubt there is anyway you can get the requested evidence so quickly.'

The evidence they were requesting was:

1. CRBA I'm sure this was the main thing that would have approved the case.

2. Telelphone bills showing I called her. If I used a phone card then I need to contact that company and ask for my records, if they won't give them to me, then I need to have a written letter from that company saying that they don't give that information out.

DO NOT COME BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION

So, Ngan came out of the interview and she was so sad. I read the blue paper and I said, ok, we have the CBRA, no problem. About the phone bills, it's non-existant. You see, I am a network engineer for a networking company. I know how to talk over the internet for free. Not computer to computer, but to allow Ngan to call my mobile phone for free. I just think Ngan needed to argue this point further.

So, 1PM comes and we go back to the consulate with our daughter's CRBA. The security guard said I could go intead of Ngan if I wanted. I WANTED :) So, I get my number, the call me, they ask for the CRBA. I gave it to them. They asked for the telephone bills. And I got real angry and raised my voice and said something along the lines of, "You have got to be f!@#cking kidding me with this! The consulate needs to recognize that the Internet is a VALID way for verbal communication and that only an idiot would be willing to pay for an overseas telephone call. My fiance is even able to call my home or mobile phone for free! And if you would have looked at the other evidence Ngan brought to the interview, a "RESONALBE PERSON' would see that we clearly have a relationship." ...or something like that. :)

The guy wrote something down on the blue paper next to the telephone item and asked, "Do you have any other evidence you would like to present?" SH!T YES! How about 3 years of photos? How about my passport with more than 10 visas for Vietnam. How about plane tickets to Cambodia for both Ngan and I? How about letters written to Ngan not only from me, but from my mother, step-mother, and sister for the past 3 years. I gave him everything and complained that nobody looked at this the first time. He had to use 2 manila envelopes to hold all of the evidence. It was so much that other people standing behind the guy were laughing. Then he said, "Ok, please go to window 12 and wait.' I was so anxious and knew nothing about the process I asked, "Wait for what!?!?!' - still angry.

At window 12 I was supposed to wait for their decision. This made me even more anxious. After 2 hours, they started calling people up 5 at a time. The first 5 they told they needed more evidence. "OK", I was thinking, this couldn't be me I gave them everything. Next group of 5 they told them, "We don't have a decision, please go home and wait. We will call you" #######, was this for me? Did I give TOO much evidence? Next group of people, they called Ngan's name. I went up there and I saw the pink paper. We got it. We passed. They told me to pick up the visa in two days.

So, that's how it went. That's all I have to say about that. But just to let you know what a shitty day that was, because Ngan had just had our baby 6 weeks earlier, she developed mastitis which is common. However, 3 vietnamese doctor's said nothing was wrong. So, she got sicker and sicker. Finally, on Friday before the interivew, I took her to an international hospital. They said, "oh my God! You are so sick and we need you to go on IV antibiotics immediately. So, EVERY 4 hours for 4 days (yes, around the clock), we had to go to the hospital to get her her antibiotics. This included Monday - the interview day. So, being exhausted, and having to deal with the situation at the consulate made for a VERY tiring day. I'm not looking for sympathy, just letting you know we were so tired.

We picked up the visa two days later on Wednesday and flew to California on Firday. Just in time for christmas with the whole family. I can't believe we are here.

Ok, I hope that answers some of your questions. On to the I-485 (or whatever it's called)

Justin

Hello,

What do you mean by interview rally and what do you mean by not being next in line? Please clarify.

First off, congrats on that fiacso. Sounds like you threw your ballz right in thier face. I cannot even imagine how it all looked. It has always been my suspicion that people just need to stand up to these YA-WHOOS. I am glad everything went well.

So did they actually tell your wife to her face that she was stupid?

About the 5 at a time dealy...So it seemed that they were just making a massive group desicion on past/failed interviews? I didn't understand that part.

Do you have the link to the online form that they wanted? Which form is it?

Edited by Lurker

Timeline
Hello,

First off, congrats on that fiacso. Sounds like you threw your ballz right in thier face. I cannot even imagine how it all looked. It has always been my suspicion that people just need to stand up to these YA-WHOOS. I am glad everything went well.

So did they actually tell your wife to her face that she was stupid?

About the 5 at a time dealy...So it seemed that they were just making a massive group desicion on past/failed interviews? I didn't understand that part.

Do you have the link to the online form that they wanted? Which form is it?

Thanks. Everything didn't go well, but the result was good. :)

About the 5 people at a time. The actual evaluation takes place some place you can't see while waiting. I believe they are only grouped together when the names are called so they don't have to repeate themselves 5 times.

The form was the DS-156 (in duplicate) but they won't tell on their website to do this form online

Timeline

Thanks. Everything didn't go well, but the result was good. :)

About the 5 people at a time. The actual evaluation takes place some place you can't see while waiting. I believe they are only grouped together when the names are called so they don't have to repeate themselves 5 times.

The form was the DS-156 (in duplicate) but they won't tell on their website to do this form online

I read on "TuoiTre" Newspaper of Vietnam, I saw this article a long time ago, but I don't know if it's the form you said: http://www.tuoitre.com.vn/Tianyon/Index.as...p;ChannelID=312

It's by Vietnamese language and the link they gave us for reference are:

http://evisasforms.state.gov

http://hanoi.usembassy.gov/visa_appforms.html

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/application_forms.html

Please check if the form you have to use???

Hien

Timeline

Where did you find those online forms? I tried to get them, couldnt find them.

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.