22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Arriving in the US on a visitors visa with intent to adjust status is considered fraud and can result in a life time ban It is only a rumor that if you wait 3 months it is ok to do this

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Were you already a couple when the B2 visa holder flew here in the US?

** We met unexpectedly while I was traveling in the US, got married and filed for AOS **

(AOS)

03.13.2013 - Mailed forms I-130, I-765 and I-485

03.23.2013 - Received NOA's for all three forms; all dated March 21; signed up for USCIS online case status update

03.28.2013 - Received Biometrics appointment for April 16; NOA dated March 26

04.16.2013 - Biometrics taken (No sweat! Only 1 person was before me)

05.01.2013 - Received email for update of case status that it's either scheduled or in line to be scheduled for the interview

05.03.2013 - Received letter for AOS interview appointment for June 7; letter dated April 29

05.23.2013 - EAD approval (email received and USCIS online case status indicated that card is already in production)

05.30.2013 - Received email that card has been mailed today

06.03.2013 - Received EAD in the mail (did not apply for AP since there is no immediate plans of traveling outside US)

06.07.2013 - AOS interview done. APPROVED!

06.13.2013 - Welcome letter received/approval of both I-485 and I-130. Also, got an update that GC is already in the mail.

06.15.2013 - Received GC in the mail!! ?

(Removal of Conditional Status)

05.01.2015 - Sent I-751 packet to California Service Center

05.07.2015 - Received NOA confirming receipt of packet

05.20.2015 - Received biometrics schedule

06.01.2015 - Biometrics taken

Timeline

marriage after 3months in the US with b2 visa and when to file for adjustment of status

When does the Visa expire?

The issue is not that you intended but what immigration thinks. And coming from a fraud country. May be abit hard to convince.

Did you tell CBP at airport you had a love one here?

You said you fell in love when you got here and you already been married 3 months how long ago you meet?

How did you meet on vacation somewhere else? Online

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

my visa will expire next year

Not possible. We're not talking about the sticker in your passport you got at the embassy, but about the I-94, which gives you the timeframe to stay in the US. The maximum time you're allowed to stay is 6 months.

How long ago did you came here, and how much time did you got on your I-94? has the time passes already or are you still "in status"?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you have the intention of getting married when you came on the B2? If so, then please be careful. As someone has mentioned it is fraud, illegal and can result in a bar. You don't need to answer that for our forum, but answer it for yourself...and if you did.. then I would strongly recommend going back home and filing the necessary paperwork from home. It sucks to be away from your significant other, but it would be terrible to barred and be separated that way. I know that's not really what people in your situation want to hear.

If you had no intentions, still be careful. We don't know the details of how you met your significant other. Did you know her before? How long did you know her? Were you in a relationship when you came on a B2? You more than likely will be under a little more scrutiny come review time.

Lastly, I think you are referring to the 30-60-90 day rule. It's been said it's just a "guideline" not a hard and fast rule and that lawyers rely too heavily on it. Personally, I don't think USCIS decides how much scrutiny to give a case depending on how many days after you entered the country on a visiotrs visa that you filed for AOS. Just expect a lot of questions if you go this route. Depending on when your visa expires you have some time to wait to file AOS. From my undertanding (and anyone can correct me) you have until your B2 expires to file. If you don't file before your B2 expires then you would be considered someone who is overstaying.

Is consulting or hiring with an immigration lawyer an option for you?

04/01/2013 (day 0) - AOS packet sent via FedEx (I-130, I-485, I-765)
04/02/2013 (day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
04/10/2013 (day 9) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail!
04/15/2013 (day 14) - Received NOA in mail, Biometrics appointment for 5/7/2013.
04/17/2013 (day 16) - Attempted walk in for biometrics = denied

05/07/2013 (day 36) - Biometrics appointment completed in Baltimore, MD

05/15/2013 (day 44) - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview! No changes for EAD or I-131.

05/23/2013 (day 52) - NOA for interview date and time received in mail

05/25/2013 (day 54) - NOA that our interview has been cancelled. No updates for EAD.

06/05/2013 (day 65) - Online EAD update to " Card Production"

06/06/2013 (day 66) - Online update that interview has been re-scheduled for 7/10 smile.pngsmile.png

06/07/2013 (day 67) - NOA in mail for scheduled interview 7/10

06/11/2013 (day 71) - EAD card is in the mail! (online status update)

06/12/2013 (day 72) - EAD USPS tracking number (online update)

06/13/2013 (day 73) - EAD card in hand!!

06/14/2013 (day 74) - AR-11 filed online for change of address

06/19/2013 (day 79) - Change of address aknowledged in online case status

06/20/2013 (day 80) - SSN in hand

06/24/2013 (day 84) - NOA for change of address

06/26/2013 (day 86) - Interview --> cancelled by USCIS

06/29/2013 (day 89) - NOA, Interview cancelled AGAIN!

07/10/2013 (day 100) - Interview --> cancelled by USCIS

08/14/2013 (day135) - Letter for interview schedule 9/4/2013!!

09/04/2013 9 (day 155) - Interview! Approved on the spot!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

09/12/2013 (day 164) - Green card in hand!

Use this guide - http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2 and don't worry about everyone freaking out about intent - it is not used as a reason to deny. Most of us were never even asked a question about it at our interviews. The 30/60/90 day rule is also a fallacy. Study the guide, try filling out the forms, collect the documents needed, and if you have any questions, just ask! Spend some time looking around this forum - it is invaluable.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

Use this guide - http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2 and don't worry about everyone freaking out about intent - it is not used as a reason to deny. Most of us were never even asked a question about it at our interviews. The 30/60/90 day rule is also a fallacy. Study the guide, try filling out the forms, collect the documents needed, and if you have any questions, just ask! Spend some time looking around this forum - it is invaluable.

You are from a low fraud country , do not advise someone from Nigeria with rules that apply to you. This country has it's own set of rules even when you get to the US. Nigerian foolery doesn't stop at the US border and as mentioned earlier it might be better if this person returns home to wait a CR1. I know so many that apply for a B2 because friends have someone here who have agreed to marry them sight unseen and it isn't always easy or successful. They will be VERY interested in how in 90 days you meet and commit to a life together.

You are from a low fraud country , do not advise someone from Nigeria with rules that apply to you. This country has it's own set of rules even when you get to the US. Nigerian foolery doesn't stop at the US border and as mentioned earlier it might be better if this person returns home to wait a CR1. I know so many that apply for a B2 because friends have someone here who have agreed to marry them sight unseen and it isn't always easy or successful. They will be VERY interested in how in 90 days you meet and commit to a life together.

And you did not AOS from a B2 visa and have not spent a lot of time on this board. Where the foreign spouse originated from is NOT important. Intent is NOT important. What IS important, is proof of a valid relationship.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lets stop all the #######. we are adults and we are here to share our experience and hopefully this experience of ours can be of little help for others. everybody has the right to advice from his own aos perspective, and its up to whosoever needs the information to decide on what to do. we are not lawyers and we can only adviced based on what we read and our experience. As far as am concern, anybody with b1 or b2 can definitely adjust after marriage to usc. it doesnt matter how soon you got married but i know people do take precaution by waiting for over 60 days, although this does not guarantee u a green card. The bottom line is proving your marriage beyond doubts. the only way u can do this is by providing documentation to establish co-mingling, financial proofs, pictures and lots more, thats the key. i hope this helps

Timeline

And you did not AOS from a B2 visa and have not spent a lot of time on this board. Where the foreign spouse originated from is NOT important. Intent is NOT important. What IS important, is proof of a valid relationship.

I have been around a lot longer than you have this is my second account created after my first time through k1 and I have been in the Nigerian community for decades and know dozens of couples that come from Nigeria and marry with a B2. They get away with it 75% of the time but for those that it doesn't work out for it goes very badly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.