My Mistake

RFE March Filer Intent To Marry...

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You do have to send a second one with the documentation that is brought to the interview. It needs to have a date closer to the interview and say something like "I am reaffirming my intent to marry within 90 days"... it's silly, I guess they want to make sure you didn't change your mind during the eternity that it took them to process your case.

I am still waiting for approval NOA2, have not gotten it yet. Guess I should have sent him a notebook full of multiple pages of intent to marry in 90 days for him to sign. So frustrating.

Timeline

You do have to send a second one with the documentation that is brought to the interview. It needs to have a date closer to the interview and say something like "I am reaffirming my intent to marry within 90 days"... it's silly, I guess they want to make sure you didn't change your mind during the eternity that it took them to process your case.

"it's silly, I guess they want to make sure you didn't change your mind during the eternity that it took them to process your case."

Hahahaha I like that thanks for the laugh today. I have been much stressedcrying.gif about not being able to fly to see my fiance yet.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I am still waiting for approval NOA2, have not gotten it yet. Guess I should have sent him a notebook full of multiple pages of intent to marry in 90 days for him to sign. So frustrating.

I know the feeling! we waited over 6months for our NOA2 it was terrible... but definitely start getting the documentation for the interview together now while you have plenty of time! It will let you celebrate once you receive your NOA2 with out the added anxiety of preparing the I-134 and documentation and feeling too rushed! Hope you get a response soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

"it's silly, I guess they want to make sure you didn't change your mind during the eternity that it took them to process your case."

Hahahaha I like that thanks for the laugh today. I have been much stressedcrying.gif about not being able to fly to see my fiance yet.

haha no problem! we all need a laugh every once in a while to get us through this process!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's hard to be far apart from the one you loved. My fiance filed K1 Visa petition last year March 2012 and they transfer it to Vermont since he was a Registered Sex Offender. People do mistakes that we regret at the end. I believed that nobody is perfect. Until now the case was still pending because every time he checked to the USCIS they said it is still under investigation. It's been more than a year now. Hope can hear from anyone a case like this. Thank you and God bless everyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Guys

We are April filers so we are right behind you. I am wondering if this is something new. I heard after the NOA2 that we are supposed to send an updated intent to marry for the interview. So strange!!!! We both sent one with the original I-129 I thought that was going to be it. I guess we will have to wait and see if we are next..... We have a age difference too and I hope that this has nothing to do with it. I am looking forward to see what happens next so that we can prepare too. Tthanks for any updates you can give us. Best of luck and I will pray all goes great for the both of you.

Hugs

G

After your NOA2, you do have to send an updated intent to marry, the only thing that should be different is the date (obviously closer to the interview) and whom you addressing it to, instead of USCIS, it would be whichever consulate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok. Just sent out my RFE response requesting original letter of intent original signed and dated , pictures , all my travel stubs and copy of my passport books. Sent yesterday and figured it takes a few week weeks for them to send another notification. So just a few mins ago I get this.

On June 11, 2013, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I know the feeling! we waited over 6months for our NOA2 it was terrible... but definitely start getting the documentation for the interview together now while you have plenty of time! It will let you celebrate once you receive your NOA2 with out the added anxiety of preparing the I-134 and documentation and feeling too rushed! Hope you get a response soon!

Thank you for your advise.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I received the same notice via e mail. "On July 15, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I have no clue, what exactly they are looking for further evidence. I sent everthing I could think of it with my Intial filing of I-129F. My case was tranfered to TSC from VSC last month. Waiting for the hard copy tp arrive in the mail ans am curuous to know what other evidence or document's are required by the designated immigration officer of my case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.