Mike n Huong

WE GO IT!!!!

22 posts in this topic

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Best wishes for a happy life together :dance::dance::dance:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

:dance: Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!! What's a great feeling heh? I hope I will get that feeling in the next few months. For now, I will be over there by then end of this week. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mike and Huong,

Welcome home! Getting busy showing Huong her new home: AMERICA baby! :)???

I admire your courage and the calmness you carried through out the process brother. Worry not for the troubles at hand, 6 months from now, they seem nothing compare to what you may face. :D What would you say to the brothers and sisters who are in waiting for their Visa Approval right now, who going through HCMC. Any recommendation???

Love,

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

One thing I have learned going thru this process is the fact that you are just 1 of how many cases? You can call the consulate 50 times, but it is not going to help get your case finished faster. The consulate has you by your tail, and they will do what they want when they want and take however long they want. As someone has told me many of times, focus on the big picture. We all love getting what we want when we want it, but we have no choice in this process. Believe me I know how hard it is sitting there not knowing how long it will take, but why kill your self over it. You cannot change it, you can only focus on one thing and that is your relationship. Take that time while you are waiting and make your relationship even stronger.

We used the services of a very good lawyer, which cleared up some mistakes made by the staff at the consulate made on our case which could have caused us to get the white paper. He also cleared up the other concerns that the consulate had about our case, which resulted in her getting the Visa. Without his services our case would have been denied and we would have never known why. Without his services who knows how long that decision would have taken. If you’re truly interested in his services please send me an email thru VJ and I can refer you to him. Please don’t waste his or my time if you are not interested in his services, because he is not going to give you free legal advice. I don’t get anything out of this either, just the satisfaction of helping someone out, the same way another VJ member did for me. Thanks, you know who you are.

We wish the best to everyone, and hope that everyone of you will experience the wonderful feeling when your SO finally comes home.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

While we can't speak from experience in waiting for our case, this is solid advice mike1972e. Congratulations again to you both for not only getting the visa, but the patience, endurance, strength and determination you held onto in this marathon visa process.

Best of luck to you both!

STL_HCMC

One thing I have learned going thru this process is the fact that you are just 1 of how many cases? You can call the consulate 50 times, but it is not going to help get your case finished faster. The consulate has you by your tail, and they will do what they want when they want and take however long they want. As someone has told me many of times, focus on the big picture. We all love getting what we want when we want it, but we have no choice in this process. Believe me I know how hard it is sitting there not knowing how long it will take, but why kill your self over it. You cannot change it, you can only focus on one thing and that is your relationship. Take that time while you are waiting and make your relationship even stronger.

We used the services of a very good lawyer, which cleared up some mistakes made by the staff at the consulate made on our case which could have caused us to get the white paper. He also cleared up the other concerns that the consulate had about our case, which resulted in her getting the Visa. Without his services our case would have been denied and we would have never known why. Without his services who knows how long that decision would have taken. If you're truly interested in his services please send me an email thru VJ and I can refer you to him. Please don't waste his or my time if you are not interested in his services, because he is not going to give you free legal advice. I don't get anything out of this either, just the satisfaction of helping someone out, the same way another VJ member did for me. Thanks, you know who you are.

We wish the best to everyone, and hope that everyone of you will experience the wonderful feeling when your SO finally comes home.

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Mike, I am so happy for the you and Huong. When I spoke on the phone with you before, I could sense the calmness in your voice and I knew you would be fine. In times like this, one must stays absolutely calm and positive. You came out on top.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.