GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

that would be the disaster, how many posts are there a day whining about who reported what and the imaginary muslim favoritism and christian bashing. i could care less who the mods are, i just think certain folks' panties would stay permanently bunched.

Certain members of P&R (active members) could be great mods if they moderated anonymously and not as their P&R characters.

But that's not how it's done on VJ.

lol.. yes..

You may be abnormally sized.

Certain members of P&R (active members) could be great mods if they moderated anonymously and not as their P&R characters.

But that's not how it's done on VJ.

You may be abnormally sized.

Some members already moderate vicariously through the foolish report button.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Backstory, please. I'm lost.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408493-reinstate-bad-daddy-now/page-4

Its throughout this thread. Your old persona was the OP. It was a good post IMO and I recently voted for reinstatement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Some members already moderate vicariously through the foolish report button.

It's also turned into a way to run crying to the teacher, if people don't discuss a topic the way the OP of the topic had hoped.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I report content quite regularly. Some things just don't belong here.

It's one thing to report a topic that is in the wrong place. It's entirely different to ask for a thread to be closed because you don't like the discussion that is taking place in the thread, on the basis that you started the thread.

And you feel empowered to decide what belongs here, why?

Hitting the report button is my way of saying "I don't think this belongs here".

The moderators decide whether I'm right or wrong.

Is that really so difficult to grasp? The report button is there to enable community led moderation. That is the whole point.

It's one thing to report a topic that is in the wrong place. It's entirely different to ask for a thread to be closed because you don't like the discussion that is taking place in the thread, on the basis that you started the thread.

The rule that you can have a thread you started closed for any reason has been around for a very long here here on VJ. It's not new.

Timeline

The rule that you can have a thread you started closed for any reason has been around for a very long here here on VJ. It's not new.

I'm not arguing against the rule. I'm saying that it's use is pretty immature IMO. If I start a thread about Hindu Lesbians, and the thread somehow strays in to the discussion of eating dog meat in Cambodia, why should I care?

I'm not arguing against the rule. I'm saying that it's use is pretty immature IMO. If I start a thread about Hindu Lesbians, and the thread somehow strays in to the discussion of eating dog meat in Cambodia, why should I care?

In my opinion, you shouldn't.

But you are allowed to.

Hitting the report button is my way of saying "I don't think this belongs here".

The moderators decide whether I'm right or wrong.

Is that really so difficult to grasp? The report button is there to enable community led moderation. That is the whole point.

I grasp why the report button is there, I don't grasp why you of all people feel the need to use it. I find it a bit weasely and spineless. But hey, if that's how you roll.