GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

He was upset that the OT thread got moved from P&R along with one of his own, he then asked that his account be deleted.

Interesting. I asked Ewok to close my account several times. I think his blackberry has me on ignore now.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Okay. Thanks. That's indeed sad. Some of the better, old-time posters are leaving one-by-one.

There are many posters I had fun posting with / against that no longer vist here. :(

A number of old-timers have left because of goings-on in the old (all inclusive) Off Topic, and, more recently, the breakdown of P&R into a partisan b!tch-fest, where a thread is lucky if it's still on-topic at the bottom of Page 1. The art of discussion appears to have been lost in there.

Me? I just like haunting the place. ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

There are many posters I had fun posting with / against that no longer vist here. sad.png

A number of old-timers have left because of goings-on in the old (all inclusive) Off Topic, and, more recently, the breakdown of P&R into a partisan b!tch-fest, where a thread is lucky if it's still on-topic at the bottom of Page 1. The art of discussion appears to have been lost in there.

Me? I just like haunting the place. wink.png

I am glad we've been reinventing OT as a place for the P&R irregulars to hang out in. I am sick of the partisan blah blah blah all the time, but there are so many people I have gotten to know in P&R that it seemed impossible to leave it. Recolonising OT as a place to be has got to be the best thing so far this week. :) It's nice to have the same sort of knockabout humour without all the gunsgunsguns.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I am glad we've been reinventing OT as a place for the P&R irregulars to hang out in. I am sick of the partisan blah blah blah all the time, but there are so many people I have gotten to know in P&R that it seemed impossible to leave it. Recolonising OT as a place to be has got to be the best thing so far this week. :) It's nice to have the same sort of knockabout humour without all the gunsgunsguns.

More rediscovery than reinvention. ;)

Off Topic never went away, it's just that P&R satisfied members' more base instinct to get into an argument. :whistle:

As long as politics is kept out of Off Topic, it should remain a place to have a peaceable chat with other members, without the distraction of partisan political judgementalism. :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png