GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I meant as a reason why. As in, its all site sponsored.

"Site sponsored" implies Ewok pays them (him?) or rewards them (him?) in some way to do it. I wouldn't go that far.

Knowing what I know about this site, I can say this with confidence: if they knew they are sockpuppets, they'd be gone. That they are here means they don't know it yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

"Site sponsored" implies Ewok pays them (him?) or rewards them (him?) in some way to do it. I wouldn't go that far.

Knowing what I know about this site, I can say this with confidence: if they knew they are sockpuppets, they'd be gone. That they are here means they don't know it yet.

Or an admin sock puppet used to drum up hits for ad revenue.

Said user only posts hot topics in P&R and then leaves. Only recently with Spooks and Darnell's questioning has some commenting occurred. There seems to be a theme to add to site hits more than anything.

Edited by GandD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

There has to be a reason it is allowed.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I don't care whether it's a sockpuppet or not. It IS, but that's not the issue. ;)

My issue is that if you're allowed to completely dominate threads that way, to the point where you're posting an abnormal amount (20 pages in one freaking hour) .. how are other users supposed to attempt to participate in it?

I made a post in there and honestly, by the time I hit reply, it was a page or two back. There'd been too many replies in the time it took me to write a couple sentences.

I can't post that fast. Not without all my posts getting edited together.

So in order to feel like I am participating in a thread like that, I have to work with someone else just to get my posts seen and not buried while the other two accounts post endlessly?

I don't care whether it's a sockpuppet or not. It IS, but that's not the issue. wink.png

My issue is that if you're allowed to completely dominate threads that way, to the point where you're posting an abnormal amount (20 pages in one freaking hour) .. how are other users supposed to attempt to participate in it?

I made a post in there and honestly, by the time I hit reply, it was a page or two back. There'd been too many replies in the time it took me to write a couple sentences.

I can't post that fast. Not without all my posts getting edited together.

So in order to feel like I am participating in a thread like that, I have to work with someone else just to get my posts seen and not buried while the other two accounts post endlessly?

Two separate issues.

First of all, the sockpuppetry. You claim you don't care and then you (again) claim to know they are sockpuppets. You can suspect it. You can feel it. But you can't know it unless you have access to the necessary technical logs. When you can't know but claim to know, there's no way to interpret that other than you're attacking them.

As for speed. If you're not fast enough, then learn how they do it. That's a basic principle of game playing. You can't force others to play at your level.

Ignore the sockpuppet issue, since that's really NOT the issue.

The issue is that a regular user cannot "learn" to post that fast.

I can type ridiculously fast, I can hit "post" ridiculously fast ... but it will not work. I cannot make multiple SEPARATE posts a minute. It does not allow me to. Does it allow you to?

Because if I try and post something else right after this, it will be edited into this post.

So if I attempt to do that in that thread, I will still only have one post and that one post will get buried due to the fact that they are making multiple separate posts a minute when I simply cannot.

That is the frustrating part. I had to wait a minute or two before I was able to make another post without it being edited.

So how can I keep up? How can I "learn" to do it? Do I have to find another user who is willing to post right after me all the time so I can make separate posts? That's what I need to do to be able to enjoy a silly game thread like that?

Edited by Penny Lane

The issue is that a regular user cannot "learn" to post that fast.

He got around the issue by teaming up with another user. Teamwork is a big part of game playing. Perhaps you should concentrate your efforts on building relationships with other capable game players in the hopes of one day defeating them instead of complaining about how you can never play like they do.

Okay, so I do need someone to follow me around and post directly after me. Makes a lot of sense. smile.png

So you got your answer, Evylin. Spamming is tolerated, allowed, and recommended. It's actually not spamming if you could keep up with the speed of the root vegetable.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg