GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

The initial thought for this was that since so many topics in P&R go off topic, there would be an off topic thread in P&R that would allow varying political discussion. Granted, this thread has for sure gone away from this concept and is in all likely hood more of an OT thread at this point. Based on this statement "anything (well almost) that you need to say you can say here. For politics or religion please use the below sub forum." I would assume that discussions of a political nature would not be allowed in OT. This thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/435732-the-all-new-p-r-semi-off-topic-thread/) is better example. The Mod response to this thread deserves a bit more consideration IMO. Is it the position of this mod team that political discussion on this site can only happen in the P&R forum, within threads based on specific P&R news articles?

The mod team rarely knows what their position is on much of anything.

Like I said, P&R is full of off topic news stories that aren't political or religious in nature. And every once in awhile, a mod will show up and move one to the OT forum and leave the other 15. It's never been consistent, it's never made sense.

The only difference with THIS thread is that a) it says it's off topic in the title and b) someone likely reported it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its quite funny how a single mod has single handily pissed off probably about 10+ users....

I see VJ mod instructions are back to mindless button pushing.

I don't like what happened to your thread

Its quite funny how a single mod has single handily pissed off probably about 10+ users....

I see VJ mod instructions are back to mindless button pushing.

I'm not "pissed off" ... it's not that serious. I just think it's silly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We should turn this into a game thread.

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TELL US WHAT COLOR YOU SEE?

I'll start.

BLACK!

That's what I was thinking. Then after it gets moved to games, I'm gonna start asking K-1 questions. This will be the wandering thread.

Monsters!

I actually didn't have a horse in the race so to speak having not posted in this thread before, but what I've noticed is that P&R has become its own regional community separate from off topic. Everyone liked the thread, were getting along and then a few jump in effectively ruining the fun, probably for their own amusement.

I don't find that very cool personally.

What's funny is the toll it was taking on the rest of P&R. New threads and posts in other threads were down dramatically.

We should turn this into a game thread.

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TELL US WHAT COLOR YOU SEE?

I'll start.

BLACK!

I can think of one member who would probably agree with this.

I can just see it now, a 300 page thread with the word black posted a few thousand times.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I can just see it now, a 300 page thread with the word black posted a few thousand times.

African-American is the preferred nomenclature.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I actually didn't have a horse in the race so to speak having not posted in this thread before, but what I've noticed is that P&R has become its own regional community separate from off topic. Everyone liked the thread, were getting along and then a few jump in effectively ruining the fun, probably for their own amusement.

I don't find that very cool personally.

Agreed. We're a group that, even though we argue, we spend a lot of time talking to each other. I didn't see the harm in us having somewhere to go WITHIN the forum we participate in, to talk about daily things that don't need their own threads.