GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

Are you wearing high heels too? Is your entire meal made out of a potato?

I have to use more than one potato because I'd be too hungry otherwise. I can make potato soup, french fries, baked potatoes, potato skins, stuffed potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc etc, ad nauseum. I'm having a hard time getting used to wearing the high heels.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you wearing high heels too? Is your entire meal made out of a potato?

If anyone gets bored and wants to look up the thread containing the makings of this little gem, I'l read it.

If anyone gets bored and wants to look up the thread containing the makings of this little gem, I'l read it.

Will do -- I'm stuck at work waiting for roadside assistance to arrive because my battery is flat. I'm a dumb CABA and left my interior lights on.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Will do -- I'm stuck at work waiting for roadside assistance to arrive because my battery is flat. I'm a dumb CABA and left my interior lights on.

Poor neglected Volvo. I just put a new bat in mine over thanksgiving. Good Luck!

Poor neglected Volvo. I just put a new bat in mine over thanksgiving. Good Luck!

I think this is one of the posts, but I know there are more: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/346117-ex-issues/?p=5123294

I just read about eleventy bajillion posts about meatballs, stinky fish and raw milk looking for that.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Would that be a ...

... or a ...

Hmmm? wink.png

The first one. Little sucker slipped out.

Funny story, I had a car full of friends heading back from the drive in back in the day. Something flew into the side of the car. Long story short I was looking in the side after we parked..... f'ing BAT (the flying sort) is hanging on the top of seat belt in the back seat. Sees me, spreads his wings and starts screaming. I assume he/she flew out after I ran away screaming. How did the people in the back not notice? How did he manage to fly into my car going down the road around 60 mph? Odd

Timeline

I think this is one of the posts, but I know there are more: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/346117-ex-issues/?p=5123294

I just read about eleventy bajillion posts about meatballs, stinky fish and raw milk looking for that.

Wow, that's just a big circle jerk.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I hope my wife gets me one of these for Christmas so I can wear it when I am cooking dinner.

I wanted a hippopotamus for Christmas (see Spooky's Christmas-song thread). Spooky wants an industrial-sized codpiece.

Actually, it would not be bad if the codpiece were revived as a standard item of male apparel. Those who bought one a size too large might find it handy as a place to store loose change, Kleenex packets, car keys, contraband, et al.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

That thread is everything you'd expect from the men who go RUB. It even had a little Kip. I miss that poor soul. True gentlemen in that thread, everyone of them.

This post is a good indication of the classy guys who go RUB.

Slim, you're forgetting something...we old, fat, bald guys have to anti-up more than you young bucks, in order to get a Russian Marilyn Monroe-isque chick. It takes some cashola for them to accept our ugly butts in lowly matrimony.

But I agree, the woman should pony up some dough to get her azz over here. The first time my wife went back to Russia for a visit, I made her pay for her ticket. She's still bitching about that. I'm still smiling. :yes:

Kip, was a romantic at heart. laughing.gif

We corresponded for 5 mos. (Google Talk, ooVoo, and Skype) before I flew over there for a month. I proposed about 6 hours after I arrived...like a hour after she peeled off her clothes and we did the deed. One look at that tight little ####### of hers and it was all she wrote.

Didn't Kip's wife walk her tight little ####### out the door once she had her 10 year GC? biggrin.png

Yes she did. Not sure why any woman would walk out on Kip or any of the RUB guys.