GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

You should change your avatar to the one on the right. Then we could all be buds.

*giggle*

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I'm being forced to watch the "live" version of The Sound of Music, with Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer (of True Blood). As I see it, there are few more effective forms of torture available to modern civilisation. :(

To call it excruciatingly bad is a definite affront to excruciatingly bad things.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Awww, Harpa beat me to it!

I shall have to remain Isabella the She-Wolf.

There is still that other lady! I was going to say old biddy, but she's not that old. She reminds me of the orchestra teacher at my high school. Fun fact!

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I hate how on every cold day, someone here at work has to say "Must feel like home to you here today!!"

It gets old. We have the same freaking weather. I didn't come from some arctic wasteland.

I hate how on every cold day, someone here at work has to say "Must feel like home to you here today!!"

It gets old. We have the same freaking weather. I didn't come from some arctic wasteland.

I come from a cold state that borders Canada and I get that a lot too. I just tell them with a smile that actually, since it is so dry it doesn't feel as cold as here, and that we can leave our cars running in the parking lot, or some other details they don't really care about, and then since I bored them so much and also showed them how little they know they don't ask again. I recommend it, take the time now, to avoid the repeats :P

I think the people are just trying to be friendly, and it's lame, because they don't know anything about Canada, or my state, but, they are trying to show a misguided interest.

On a side note, I went to college with this Canadian guy who was so weird. I couldn't have cared less about Canada, didn't think much about it, or about him being from it; it just didn't really leave an impression with me either way, but the guy was militantly against the US. He wanted to let everyone know all the time how awesome Canada was, and that he didn't like it in the US, and that everything Canada did was the best and that everything the US did was wrong, and on and on and on. He insisted on using Canadian slang that no one got, and got really mad when we didn't understand what a "keener" was. He was such a downer. Poor dude :lol:

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I have no idea what a keener is.

Anyone who thinks their country is perfect and everyone else is just "doing it wrong" is ignorant.

Edited by Penny Lane

Anyone who thinks their country is perfect and everyone else is just "doing it wrong" is ignorant.

Why do you hate America, Penny?

F^ck this ice storm malarkey. I have enjoyed my visit so far down south but I am looking forward to 74F next week in LA.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que