GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

How was your anniversary Penny?

It was good. Had a nice dinner. I wasn't feeling well so we skipped our haunted house plans :(

Where?

On my FACE.

Nah, on my shoulder blade.

The wife and I made the mistake of buying our Halloween candy on Saturday. I hope the poor kids don't mind digging the crumbs out of an empty bag.

On my FACE.

That's always good for your job prospects. :D

My boyfriend's azzwipe no-goodnick cousin, who is a Tea Party devotee of Ayn Rand AND a birther to boot, is about to go move in with my boyfriend for an unspecified period of time. Said cousin is about to be evicted from his sweeeeeeet ren-controlled West Hollywood apartment for non-payment of rent. He can't pay because he's unemployed -- not because he's incapable of getting work. Nope. He's turning down jobs because they don't pay as much as his last couple of gigs. We're not talking about a plunge from $40/hr to $12/hr. No, he's turning down jobs that pay $60/hr because his last job paid $75/hr. And because the cousin put my BF up on his couch for six months when the BF moved to LA, he feels he owes the cousin.

I'm trying to get my head around the cognitive dissonance of a Randian Tea Partier being an unrepentant moocher.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I'm trying to get my head around the cognitive dissonance of a Randian Tea Partier being an unrepentant moocher.

It appears they all are like that. There are a few right-wingers in this forum who live off the government.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

It appears they all are like that. There are a few right-wingers in this forum who live off the government.

Weird how that plays out. I think the real reason they dislike anyone who collects gov't benefits is because it takes a way from their piece of the pie. Most all right wing conservatives I know play financial games with the gov't in one form or another, whether it be collecting money from programs they really shouldn't be, working under the table or fudging taxes in some way. I know one woman, who is a proud tea party member, who works under the table, and is in fine physical condition, yet she got a handicap plate last year so she doesn't have to walk too far to her car when she goes shopping. Hypocrites.

Weird how that plays out. I think the real reason they dislike anyone who collects gov't benefits is because it takes a way from their piece of the pie. Most all right wing conservatives I know play financial games with the gov't in one form or another, whether it be collecting money from programs they really shouldn't be, working under the table or fudging taxes in some way. I know one woman, who is a proud tea party member, who works under the table, and is in fine physical condition, yet she got a handicap plate last year so she doesn't have to walk too far to her car when she goes shopping. Hypocrites.

Holy hell, that is gross. Personal responsibility my foot.

I am happy to say I don't know anyone like that.

The only things sure in life is death and taxes, right? I am fine being a part of society where I pay taxes that in turn pay for things I use, like roads, police, my own retirement, etc. That's the best system we have. It is odd how anti-tax people don't see the benefits they get from their own taxes, and just see that their own money is going away to other people.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Holy hell, that is gross. Personal responsibility my foot.

I am happy to say I don't know anyone like that.

The only things sure in life is death and taxes, right? I am fine being a part of society where I pay taxes that in turn pay for things I use, like roads, police, my own retirement, etc. That's the best system we have. It is odd how anti-tax people don't see the benefits they get from their own taxes, and just see that their own money is going away to other people.

The woman I mentioned considers these things owed to her because of how much she has paid in taxes that "just gets handed out to deadbeats". Little does she realize, she IS one of the deadbeats.

I was doing a search for little porkers (for the halloween candy thread) and look what came up as the first result. laughing.gif

004.JPG.opt744x558o0%2C0s744x558.JPG

http://www.pennyslittleporkers.com/