GandD

Our very own P&R off topic thread (merged)

2,992 posts in this topic

I think the one wife works and one or two of the others work at least part time.. but still I have no idea how they can afford their lifestyle..

what I find weird is that the guy drives a little bitty sports car.. huh.png

I guess with all those wives, he doesn't have to compensate for his lack of manhood. laughing.gif

I think the one wife works and one or two of the others work at least part time.. but still I have no idea how they can afford their lifestyle..

what I find weird is that the guy drives a little bitty sports car.. huh.png

Nope. None of them work. They've started some little jewelry business that is failing miserably, and one WANTS to get into real estate... but none of them have actual jobs.

They used to, I believe, at the beginning of the show. But then they moved to Las Vegas and haven't worked since.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't think lack of money is their real problem. It's just that they are incapable of being financially responsible, they do nothing to improve their situation, and then they expect someone else to save them. I feel like I'm done bailing them out.

Before I quit working last year, my husband and I sent one sister to college in the PH. She blew her chances and we stopped helping. So we sent the next sister to high school. Just like the first one, we asked her to sign an agreement that we'd continue supporting her studies if her grades make the cut. She made no efforts to up her grades but went to school to be cute, learn the duck face selfie, and socialize. We stopped sending money and all I heard from my parents was, "If you really want to help us, you should help us unconditionally."

I completely stopped giving any help. My parents are now sending both sisters to school and by default Filipino mentality, it's difficult. My mom then tells me that only my brother helps financially and doesn't ignore the needs of the family. That makes me the ingrata daughter who's enjoying a great life in the US. Okay, I'm done whining. dead.gif

IMO, and others, you've just jumped over the fence , family issues you've described are 'common'. Welcome to realm of the common and mundane. Ug Ug and Ug.. (no, not the boots)..

I not use the tag of OFW as a dig with you - IMO, if they are 'treating' you as an OFW, negotiations shift, always in their favor (and not yours).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Harpa ! Bonus points for advanced search tool.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Well, for her part, she's learning more Mandarin. She only watches Mandarin TV shows now so that's helped a bit. I've actually done a fair bit of research on markets. Around here is mostly Southeast Asian stuff. Nashville is just down the road and has some stuff but doesn't really have anything like what she prefers. There is on small Korean market that offers the bulgogi meat and rice cakes she fancies. Cinci had all of her favorite brands for drinks, dumplings, etc but that place was a true asian market instead of an "international market." Atlanta is the next closest place with a large Chinese community. Its like 4 hours away but is on the list to visit on some weekend excursion. Maybe when I'm down there I'll seek out the Nature boy and pee on his tree.

Yes you are welcome to pee in my yard i do all the time

2 huge Asian Markets in the ATL

1 medium

Harpa ! Bonus points for advanced search tool.

No, not that interested. i have plenty of other work to do.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Big big box of beautiful bras arrived today! Gonna try them on and decide which to keep. I may be a screeching man-hating feminazi, but I do love being supergirly. luv.gif

Which brings me back to Calypso's comment about not obsessing about lipstick. That was an arrow to the heart! I have five in my handbag right now -- Make Up For Ever bright pillarbox red; Kate Moss matte browny pink; Maybelline Tinted Taupe (perfect nude lips on me); Clinique Black Honey; and Rimmel Drop of Sherry. Plus a pink tinted Nivea lip balm.

Girly-girl_1_.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

HUMP DAYYYYYYY!

My boss told me that my nails hurt his eyes. :( Not EVERYONE appreciates bright pink and glitter, I suppose.

HUMP DAYYYYYYY!

My boss told me that my nails hurt his eyes. sad.png Not EVERYONE appreciates bright pink and glitter, I suppose.

I still laugh every time I see that commercial.

Bright pink and glitter go nice with lime green sweats. tongue.png