zooropa

Texas Service Center I129F Approvals

193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, I'm late, I apologize. I looked through the thread but I still need some clarification.

I researched for about a year before beginning the K-1 visa process. From everything I read I understood that k-1s were only processed at VSC and CSC and that the TSC no longer processed them. But of course, I get my NOA1 today (8-6, sent package on 7-29) stating that my application has been routed to the TSC. This confused me so I searched VJ and found this thread (took me awhile using various search terms).

1. So, when did TSC start processing K-1s again? The USCIS website still only has processing time estimation for VSC and CSC.

2. Also, looks like there have been processing-time issues. Has this mostly cleared or are they still averaging 7 months (my own invented number based on the posts I read)?

Any background or clarification on the issue would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if you are repeating yourself or this has been covered (I honestly tried to research before asking).

I will post when I receive my NOA-2 for other members to get an idea of processing times. Thanks smile.png

Hi Milagros - nothing to apologize for :)

1 - We were one of the first transfers to TSC at the end of May...around that time, it was revealed that VSC was still processing petitions from October so since that would have made them outside their 5 month window they shoot for, they took a bunch of December and January petitions and sent them to TSC for processing. There were no approvals for a couple weeks while they underwent training and the started processing them....unfortunately, it seems as if they didn't learn that they should be expediting those cases to the NVC since they are fiance petitions and while CSC was approving a lot of people and sending them right over to the NVC, none of the cases seemed to leave TSC for a few weeks.

I'm not sure when they will start putting a timeline up for TSC -- I think the plan is to go back to them just being done at CSC and VSC once VSC is caught up but not sure...

2 - It's tough to say if there were processing time issues - like I said above, once they were trained, they started putting through the approvals but they only had a couple months worth at first and then later more cases were shipped there in June. So in my case, my approval came on 6/24 about a month after the transfer but it sat at VSC for 4 months before...

The bigger issue seems to be the backlog with sending the cases to NVC and then getting numbers assigned and off to the Embassy. I don't understand why it took TSC 3 weeks to send our case there .

hope that info helps - someone else may be able to explain it better. smile.png

Edited by Jeannie & Al

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok, I'm late, I apologize. I looked through the thread but I still need some clarification.

I researched for about a year before beginning the K-1 visa process. From everything I read I understood that k-1s were only processed at VSC and CSC and that the TSC no longer processed them. But of course, I get my NOA1 today (8-6, sent package on 7-29) stating that my application has been routed to the TSC. This confused me so I searched VJ and found this thread (took me awhile using various search terms).

1. So, when did TSC start processing K-1s again? The USCIS website still only has processing time estimation for VSC and CSC.

2. Also, looks like there have been processing-time issues. Has this mostly cleared or are they still averaging 7 months (my own invented number based on the posts I read)?

Any background or clarification on the issue would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if you are repeating yourself or this has been covered (I honestly tried to research before asking).

I will post when I receive my NOA-2 for other members to get an idea of processing times. Thanks :)

I think the first batch was transferred in may. We were transferred in July. I didn't hear of anything before that but I could be wrong.

We got transferred after 6 months and 2 days before hitting the 7 months we got approved BUT we also had an RFE so it probably could have been faster.

Be aware that even after you get your noa2 Texas also takes noticeable longer to transfer your approved case to the NVC.

Good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for your quick response Jeannie & Al. You cleared up a lot of confusion for me! smile.png

Glad to help...good luck..hopefully TSC will be moving quicker on these soon, especially getting them off to NVC :)

I went into a total panic until I came here and read everyone's posts- I just got my letter that my case was sent to Texas, so I tried to check the wait at the office, and got scared when I saw that it doesn't list processing I129fs. But I figured if I could go anywhere to get answers, it would be here, and I was right. Thanks to everyone for posting!

Oh and it's after I read some threads about filing for a man from Pakistan yesterday, and I got so upset and panicked I was sobbing for about an hour at work. Marrying my fiance is SO important to me, and I'm petrified that something will get in the way.

TSC transferrals are a positive thing there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

So 22 days ago TSC got all of our evidence and still NOTHING! I sent the release of info to the congressman's office on Thursday . WTH is taking so long?! anyone have any ideas? We are already at 7 months and I am ready to scream.

Hello guys

my case receipt/case number starts with SRC and that is texas service center correct?

can any one tell me if it is slow or fast? :(

thanks a lottt

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Hello guys

my case receipt/case number starts with SRC and that is texas service center correct?

can any one tell me if it is slow or fast? sad.png

thanks a lottt

Hello there! I could say that they are fast to approve but very slow (snail like) to ship and mail documents out unfortunately :(

event.png
event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Reciept Date (VSC): 2013-04-11

Transfer Date (TSC): 2013-07-10

Approval Date (TSC): 2013-07-26

Issues:

1. Never received my NoA2 Hardcopy, I've been emailing, calling and basically harassing TSC and USCIS about this.
  2. 1 month after approval and still not transferred.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks !!! Me too!!!! When I called today to see how long it would take to get to the NVC the lady told me it could take 30 days......we'll see I guess.dry.png After 7 months I hope it doesn't take that long. Hopefully will get the hard copy of the NOA2 tomorrow. GOOD LUCK and HANG IN THERE!!!! good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.