MissingHerSo

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH VSC?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Bitching on here doesn't make the process any faster. Put your emotions into action! Contact your senators and congressman. Bug the hell out of the Ombudsman! Squeeky doors get oiled. If all VJ'rs were to write ombudsman at the same time with complaints about service centers, something would change.

dream on

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Go to you states senator website get the number and call them........you will have to fill out a privacy release statement and then they can make an inquiry about your case. But I dont think they can actually tell them nothing until normal processing time of 5 months is up. I am waiting for July 8 which will be my 5 month mark then I have 2 state senators invoived!!!!

In Love with Rosela......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I faxed a help request from my senator today, Georgia. This is a dis-functional process that needs to be fixed. I have filed in February 2013 and I am so depressed to see so many people still waiting from last year! There is no telling when we will be approved.

It is so horrible to be away from your love...thank goodness for Skype.

Edited by SusanAdili

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

dream on

California service center had earlier stopped doing I-129f. They switched almost all staff to DACA. The filers who were stuck ay CSC started a massive write in campaign. Soon afterwards, CSC transferred some of their DACA to VSC and proceeded to crank out the I-129s again. They went into hyperdrive. Now why did this happen? Because one person complained???? No Because a lot got involved. If the Ombudsman gets one complaint, then it is not a problem. He gets 40 complaints in one day, there may be something to look at. VSC director gets called by 40 people from congressional districts in a week - He may have a change of mind. There is power in numbers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Mine is at NBC in Missouri. Starts with MSC. is thy the same place as VSC

Edited by rickkant

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

California is pumping out 6-7 approvals a day and there are working in Jan and Feb. While VSC is November - December and doing about 3 approvals a day.......... These people dont have a clue of what it feels like being away from someone you love i take it..........let one of those office worker give their wife or husband a final hug and kiss and leave with the thought of when you will see them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you on this. I feel so frustrated as well, every time I see january petitioners from CSC being approved I feel a knot in my stomach! It's not easy, not at all. Being away from the person we love and not being able to make any kind of plans, I feel like my life is on stand-by. I often tell my fiance that he should've been born in a different country, one that is easier to immigrate, cause this process kills us!

I'm sorry, but think this IS the place to vent out. This is the only place where people know what we're going through. So please people, be supportive! Be kind and understand that every one goes through this journey their own way. We're all on the same boat.

Edited by enatal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

call me stupid but what is ombudsman???

and who do you contact them?

Ombudsman is person who oversees immigration. He investigates complaints among other things His email is: OLUINQUIRIES@DHS.GOV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

im with u and then they transfere the dec people to tx as they say and still nothing .. someone on here said theirs was processed in one month so u can do that why not do the rest in a month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I know the frustrations and stress of waiting. Just hang in there eventually you will get your approval soon. There are times also that VSC process faster than CSC. Just keep the faith be widen the patience!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Mine is at NBC in Missouri. Starts with MSC. is thy the same place as VSC

No

You're also on a different visa type than the rest of the people who are upset. Most, if not all, of them are K1 visa chasers. You are a CR1/IR1 visa chaser.

National Benefits Center - previously known as Missouri Service Center - uses MSC

Vermont Service Center - VSC - uses EAC

California Service Center - CSC - uses WAC

Texas Service Center - TSC - TSC

BTW, as a NBC person, your petition will most likely be sent to your local office within 2-3 months and be adjudicated there. You won't find timelines for this on the USCIS website. It's something they started in Aug 2012 and was supposed to be temporary but has kept going since then. It's normal for right now and the length of your wait will depend entirely on how fast your local office is.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

California is pumping out 6-7 approvals a day and there are working in Jan and Feb. While VSC is November - December and doing about 3 approvals a day.......... These people dont have a clue of what it feels like being away from someone you love i take it..........let one of those office worker give their wife or husband a final hug and kiss and leave with the thought of when you will see them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a deep breath. I went 306 days before they finally approved me. And I was in CSC. Don't worry. There are times when VSC seems to work very very slow. But they catch up up. I can say this to you because I was in your shoes back then. The long and excruciating 306 days. Hang on tight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I am completely fed up with this process. It's understandable people are frustrated. You pay your taxes, become a constructive member of society, even make a difference in many other lives. You fall in love with someone in another country and all of a sudden no one wants to know you... What happened to your pursuit of happiness? Why is it being hindered by your own government? You can say budget cuts, not enough staff, work overload, so what, there's no solution?

Senators have been contacted, and still only generic responses are provided. In my home country there are checks to ensure government agencies are held accountable. I thought the US was better than this...

1 approval today VSC? You suck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.