imprezaowner27

Understand the process, need help on details.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi and thank you for reading.

I've been lurking here, reading around, looking through guides etx. and I generally understand the process (although I have focused just on the first part:getting the packet together for the I-129F, so that I dont get overwhelmed).

I will continually use this space as an outlet for questions instead of starting a new thread everytime but my first question is:

I live in Boston, and we have a field office here, but I checked on the uscis website and it seems like only California and Vermont offices accept I-129F's. Now logic tells me that the Vermont office is closest so my turn around time would be quicker but in checking the website Vermont says October, California says 5 months.

So I should send my entire packet to California correct? Or will they need to call me in for anything and then ill have to fly out there instead of a drive out to the offices. This is the only part that confuses me.

Thanks again. :)

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All I-129F petitions are mailed to the Dallas Lockbox facility as stated in the I-129F form instructions. Have a read through the instructions in case you may have missed anything else.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

You won't be able to choose where your petition is processed. Initially all I-129F should be send to Dallas lockbox. Read I-129F instructions really carefully.

You (USC) won't have to visit any USCIS field office during this process. Petitioners are not routinely interviewed.

Edited by Tygrys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Make sure to include evidence of meeting! send color copies of ALL pages of passport, reciepts, airline tickets, credit card statements showng activity in their hometown, etc. Pictures are considered secondary evidence. Pictures need to have time stamp or hand written dates, location and names of people on them. Look under FORMS header, and then K1 guides.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All pages of the passport are only needed if you are using it to prove your US citizenship. If you provide another document as proof of being a USC, then you can just use a copy of your passport bio page and the pages with the passport stamps as evidence of meeting.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.