Chez&Rick

Contacting senator to get our case number at NVC

10 posts in this topic

Good day!

I just want to ask if its alright to contact our senator to get our case number at NVC. We are waiting for 15 business days and it will be 15 days in Thursday. They (NVC) still dont have our papers and they are keep telling us that its not yet 15 business days. We would like to involve our senator.

Do you have a format on how to write senator in requesting for case number at NVC?

Met in person : 2009-02-24
Second visit : 2010-03-12
Married : 2012-07-17
I-130 Sent : 2013-01-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-01-28
NOA2 : 2013-05-16

NVC Received : 2013-06-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2013-06-25
Return I 864: 2013-06-26
Return DS 3032: 2013-07-01

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

We really would like to take an action rather than wait. Thats why am asking for help if someone has a format they used before in contacting their senator for NVC.

Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just call and ask to speak to whomever has contacts with the National Visa Center.

But really, you are not out of normal processing time, as frustrating as that may be. It took well over two weeks for me to get an NVC case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Good day!

I just want to ask if its alright to contact our senator to get our case number at NVC. We are waiting for 15 business days and it will be 15 days in Thursday. They (NVC) still dont have our papers and they are keep telling us that its not yet 15 business days. We would like to involve our senator.

Do you have a format on how to write senator in requesting for case number at NVC?

you really have to wait the 15 days

on the 16th day you can contact nvc research, in a week they will email you that they do not have your file and they will contact uscis on your behalf, then you have to wait

then your congressman and/or representative, you will send them a consent form outlining your issues. an immigration case worker will work on your case.. answers take two to three weeks

the omnibudsman, they too will tell you they will get back to you when they can

SCOPPA, use them if you are at any of the main service centers, they answer very quickly

and whoever else you can come up with

uscis will tell you that you have to wait the 90 days until they will investigate

** if you are able to confirm that your file was sent by uscis you can start your claim with them with an IO.. it is better if you know if your file was sent out of a local office.. many have been approved there.. then you can take an infopass and ask directly

files have been held recently at local offices for up to two months before they are sent out... im an april 19th approval and there are a bunch of folks on here in the same boat

have you tracked your case yet? as in which office had jurisdiction over it, was it sent out to a local office, etc

lastly you can call nvc daily

Edited by stevie b

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

you really have to wait the 15 days

on the 16th day you can contact nvc research, in a week they will email you that they do not have your file and they will contact uscis on your behalf, then you have to wait

then your congressman and/or representative, you will send them a consent form outlining your issues. an immigration case worker will work on your case.. answers take two to three weeks

the omnibudsman, they too will tell you they will get back to you when they can

SCOPPA, use them if you are at any of the main service centers, they answer very quickly

and whoever else you can come up with

uscis will tell you that you have to wait the 90 days until they will investigate

** if you are able to confirm that your file was sent by uscis you can start your claim with them with an IO.. it is better if you know if your file was sent out of a local office.. many have been approved there.. then you can take an infopass and ask directly

files have been held recently at local offices for up to two months before they are sent out... im an april 19th approval and there are a bunch of folks on here in the same boat

have you tracked your case yet? as in which office had jurisdiction over it, was it sent out to a local office, etc

lastly you can call nvc daily

Thank you very much thats very informative

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

We were approved on May 29, 2013 and received the NOA2 a few days after.

First I was told to wait 15 days and when I called on the 16th day, they told me to wait 30 days. It's been longer than 30 days so I called NVC, AGAIN, and they told me that they don't have the case yet.

Frustrated, I called the USCIS to find out what's going on. Here's what I did:

I called the USCIS and asked to speak to level-2 Immigration Officer. I asked them specifically when was my Case File sent or when did it leave USCIS. They were able to find out that as of June 17 the Case File was still at USCIS, and not sure where it is now.

Anxious and angry, I contacted 2 of my senators and congresswoman. Congresswoman's liaison received the request and contacted me. We'll see what happens...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You are currently well within the current processing times.

When you call, are they telling you it's in the office but not assigned a number yet?

If so. Keep waiting.

If they they say they haven't received yet, call USCIS and see if it was sent yet.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

My I-130 petition was approved May 10. The notice from USCIS says that is "was sent" on that date to the NVC. The notice does not say it "will be sent" or that "we are sending", but the past tense "was sent". Silly me, I believed what it said !!!! So after 30 days, with no word from the NVC I started calling. Not received by NVC and a very condescending response from USCIS that they have 90 days to send it.

I went to my Senator's web site (Mark Kirk, R-IL) and he has a form especially for immigration problems right on his web site. I filled it out and less than 1 hour later I had an email from his office. They sent me a form to sign authorizing them to inquire on my behalf. I signed and sent that form to them and the very next day they had called USCIS and found my file sitting in the Chicago Field Office. The Senator's office told me that they had been told that USCIS would be sending shortly to NVC and if I had not heard from NVC in 2 weeks to notify the Senator's office. One day shy of the two week mark, I got the email from NVC with case # etc.

Moral of the story...check out your Senator's and Representative's web sites. My local Rep also had a form but required a trip to his office to turn in the authorization form. But I believe that they will and can help USC's.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sitting in the local office

is the more common answer

since 15 Aug 2012.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.