995 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Received Notification that our petition was approved today :)

Congratulations!!!

To be honest, I have no clue what to do next after this approval. Does anyone know where to see the list of documents we need to prepare? Or we need to wait from NVC to send us the list? But why people calling NVC to get the numbers?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm a late June filer, when I called USCIS, in August, they advised me to call back in mid December if I hadn't received my NOA2. I called them because I couldn't view my case status online.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats on your approval, type in the VJ search engine, pre NVC checklist of NVC shortcuts. I've been assembling my 2 packets slowly but surely since we filed our 130.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Received Notification that our petition was approved today smile.png

I noticed that we sent and received our NOA1's on the same day yet I'm still waiting. Can you please let me know the last 4 digits of your case number? Also were you transferred to Texas?

K1 Journey

06/03/2013: I-129F sent

06/07/2013: I-129F received

06/10/2013: NOA1

08/08/2013: Transferred to Texas Service Center

10/24/2013: NOA2

11/01/2013: Received by NVC

11/13/2013: Received by consulate

12/19/2013: Interview, approved

12/28/2013: POE, JFK

01/29/2014: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I noticed that we sent and received our NOA1's on the same day yet I'm still waiting. Can you please let me know the last 4 digits of your case number? Also were you transferred to Texas?

Yes we were transferred to TSC and here is the last 4 digits of our case 5437

Met: January 3, 2012

Engaged: February 26, 2012 heart.gif Alhumdulillah

First Visit: January 3, 2013 - March 3, 2013

I-129F Sent: 06/4/2013

NOA1 Received: 06/10/2013

RFE (Letter of Intent): 09/10/2013

RFE Reply: 09/23/2013

RFE Received: 09/25/2013

NOA2: 09/27/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/03/2013

109 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

Sent to NVC: 09/30/2013

NVC Received: 10/7/2013

Case Number Received: 10/8/2013 (was told our case was in "necessary administrative processing")

In Transit to Consulate: 10/9/2013

Case Received By Embassy(electronically): 10/11/2013

Physical Case Received by Embassy: 10/15/2013

Packet 3 Received: 11/4/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 11/10/2013

Packet 4 Received: 12/02/2013

Interview Date: 01/16/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Everybody around me is either approved or RFE. Really frustrating to wait and see everyone else touched. I hope I can hear something soon. Good luck all and God Bless!

Our Timeline
1st Jun, 2013 - Mailed i129f
17th Oct, 2013 - NOA2 Email Notification
27th Jan, 2014 - Visa Interview - Refused Visa eligible for waivers I601 and I212
23rd Sep, 2014 - Visa Received

2nd Nov, 2014 POE Newark

6th Nov, 2014 - Married

7th Nov, 2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed to Chicago

10th Nov, 2014 - Applications delivered and Receipt Date

14th Nov, 2014 - NOA1 Date

20th Nov, 2014 - Received NOA1 hard copies

29th Nov, 2014 - Letter for Biometrics Appointment. Appt date - 12/10/2014

1st Dec, 2014 - Walkin biometrics done

13th Dec, 2014 - RFE email followed by Hard Copy on 12/19/2014 for Marriage Certificate

20th Dec, 2014 - Mailed RFE response with certified Marriage License and Certificate

21st Feb, 2015 - Received notice of potential interview waiver by mail

2nd Mar, 2014 - email received for EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes we were transferred to TSC and here is the last 4 digits of our case 5437

The number system doesn't make any sense. You would assume our numbers would be right next to each other, but mine are 9871.

K1 Journey

06/03/2013: I-129F sent

06/07/2013: I-129F received

06/10/2013: NOA1

08/08/2013: Transferred to Texas Service Center

10/24/2013: NOA2

11/01/2013: Received by NVC

11/13/2013: Received by consulate

12/19/2013: Interview, approved

12/28/2013: POE, JFK

01/29/2014: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Received Notification that our petition was approved today smile.png

Congratulations!! Hope the next steps go smoothly for you! goofy.gif

I just received my hardcopy RFE in the mail. They need my fiance's letter of intent to marry. Totally missed that! crying.gif Will the service center need an original signed copy (with signature in blue ink I heard is preferred), or can I get a scanned signed copy from my fiance? Sometimes letters from Italy can take a month to get to their destination. I've sent my fiance stuff before with overnight delivery and it got delivered a month later anyway... I'm afraid it will take too long for me to get his original letter to then send to the service center. Does anyone know if a signed scanned copy (signature in blue ink) is acceptable?

Thanks!

Edited by Sheila&Mikele

Fiance called NVC today and they received our case (finally!!), said we should have a case # by tomorrow (not sure what will happen with a government shut down tho).

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I called the NVC today. Not so much to find out if they received our case, which they haven't, but more to find out about the future. The dimwits of our "representative government" and their ***** waving contest had me concerned. I was assured by the representative that the NVC will continue to work through any "shut down". She did say that she was not so sure about the State Department. Since I am waiting for the NVC to receive our case and forward it to the embassy in Moscow as a result of out NOA2 approval September 9th...this is all I was concerned about in the moment. So for those wondering, the NVC will continue despite our "representative government" playing chicken with each other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

So, I am needing some help!! I got approved on 9/24 and I got my case number from NVC last night. I am the US citizen petitioning for my fiance in Dominica.

I have reviewed the guides and even looked at the NVC website. Can someone please tell me what do I need to do next? Is there a fee that has to be paid through the NVC?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

s-event.pngs-event.png

s-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I called the NVC today. Not so much to find out if they received our case, which they haven't, but more to find out about the future. The dimwits of our "representative government" and their ***** waving contest had me concerned. I was assured by the representative that the NVC will continue to work through any "shut down". She did say that she was not so sure about the State Department. Since I am waiting for the NVC to receive our case and forward it to the embassy in Moscow as a result of out NOA2 approval September 9th...this is all I was concerned about in the moment. So for those wondering, the NVC will continue despite our "representative government" playing chicken with each other.

This is good news for all! I'm not so sure how the shutdown will affect the consulate though. I've read that DOS might run for a few days until money runs low then slow down processing... Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Administrative Processing (at consulate arrival) so I have little choice but to wait for the email. I hope we're all not delayed too much by the shutdown.

--/--/---- -

05/13/2019 - N400 online submission

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.