995 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think our is going to be moved, it's in California and as far as I know only cases in Vermont were moved to Texas.

Ah well, I guess I'll have to learn the virtue of patience... may come in handy in the future.

Hi J&L, ours was in Ca as well and got approved on the 18th, never been moved cause only cases in vermont are move to texas.. hang in there I'm sure yours is in the corner and it will approve soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi J&L, ours was in Ca as well and got approved on the 18th, never been moved cause only cases in vermont are move to texas.. hang in there I'm sure yours is in the corner and it will approve soon.

Thank you! It's nice having so many supportive people, or people who understand what being apart from your loved one means. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

if only the people reviewing our petitions felt the same urgency.

There are literally thousands of petitions to go through, I'm sure it's not a matter of feeling urgency that is resulting in approvals taking as long as they do. It's also a job that behooves the reviewer not to become emotionally involved as that would become one hell of a emotional rollercoaster every day of work and could cloud their judgement in cases of fraud. It's not reasonable to ask them to feel the same urgency as we do, as they are hired to do a job by a certain set of guidelines. I'm sure these reviewers are also subject to quotas and the like so I doubt they just lounge around in the USCIS office approving petitions whenever they feel like it.

Approvals will come if the petitions are legitimate. Let the process run its course. 5-6 months is nothing to wait compared to the lifetime you'll spend with your loved one.

Alex(US) & Stela(Brazil)

I-129F Packet Sent - 06/19/2013

I-129F Packet Delivered to Dallas Box - 06/21/2013

NOA1 Electronic Notice, Packet to VSC - 06/25/2013

USCIS Check Cashed - 06/26/2013

Received Hard Copy NOA1 - 6/28/2013

Notification of Case Transfer to TSC - 08/09/2013

Received Hard Copy of Case Transfer to TSC - 08/14/2013

Electronic Notification of NOA2 - 9/17/2013 - 85 days!

Electronic Notification of Shipment to NVC - 9/18/2013

Hard Copy NOA-2 (I-797) - 9/21/2013

NVC Received - 9/25/2013

NVC Shipped - 10/1/2013

Received at Embassy in Rio de Janeiro - 10/8/2013

Beneficiary Received Instructions & Interview Date - 10/15/2013

Going to visit for the interview!!! - 12/7/2013

Interview at Rio de Janeiro!!! - 12/10/2013

Coming back to the U.S. with my baby to get married!!! - 12/30/2013

Time to K-1 Petition Approval - 85 days

Time from Petition to Interview - 168 days

We got approved on the 18th but no notification yet that is being sent to NVC sad.png worried

We emailed inquiry for our new case number to NVC on Sept. 3 and we got email from NVC on Sept. 16 with our ABD number.

It took a months from the approval. Approved on Aug.16, NVC received on Sept. 16.

No worries soon you will get your new case number from NVC in a month.

have faith and GOD bless us all.

Congrats also to those who got approved! :)dancin5hr.gif

I-129F Sent: 2013-06-20
I-129F NOA1: 2013-06-26
I-129F RFE(s): none
I-129F NOA2: 2013-08-16
NVC Received: 2013-09-16
NVC Left: 2013-09-19

Embassy Received: 2013-09-22

Interview: 2013-12-09

POE: 2014-24-01

Married: 2014-30-03

We emailed inquiry for our new case number to NVC on Sept. 3 and we got email from NVC on Sept. 16 with our ABD number.

It took a month from the approval. Approved on Aug.16, NVC received on Sept. 16.

No worries soon you will get your new case number from NVC in a month.

have faith and GOD bless us all.

Congrats also to those who got approved! smile.pngdancin5hr.gif

I-129F Sent: 2013-06-20
I-129F NOA1: 2013-06-26
I-129F RFE(s): none
I-129F NOA2: 2013-08-16
NVC Received: 2013-09-16
NVC Left: 2013-09-19

Embassy Received: 2013-09-22

Interview: 2013-12-09

POE: 2014-24-01

Married: 2014-30-03

Trying hard to be patient but slowly going crazy waiting for my case #..5 weeks tomorrow..when we got approved so quick I thought there was a high chance I would be there by Christmas..now not looking so good. Wouldn't care so much if it wasn't that Christmas break is the best wedding time. Oh well...it will happen when it happens. Good luck to all those still waiting for their NOA2. :)

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi we got approved and waiting for the case number to book for interview.. No notification that our case has been sent to NVC though still waiting..

I hate to tell you this but, you might be waiting awhile. NOA2 approved CSC Sept 9. Not received by NVC yet. Everything I have been reading is that the CSC seems to be taking longer sending (or receiving at the NVC) then Vermont. Many have been waiting weeks. Buckle in. Another wait may be afoot. :( Let's both just be happy we got the NOA2 out of the way. Many who filed around the same time I did have not received their NOA2 yet. I hope it is soon for them!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Well CSC is sending the files within weeks, VSC does nothing at all right now (well it transfer them to TSC) and the TSC is shipping the pettitions pretty quick but NVC decided that we get too lucky with the timing so they decided to put so random cases from TSC under some sort of administrative prosess. Yep i am stuck at NVC.

Just venting , hope we all get good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I guess eventually we all get stuck at some point. Either waiting for a NOA2 or waiting for the NVC to receive our case...

Last time I read people may have had to wait up to 8 weeks from NOA2 until their case got registered at the NVC.

If you've been waiting for 5 weeks already then chances are you're closer to the interview and medical then you'd think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.