995 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

So they need to be hand written? We can not print them off and sign them? We did just get an RFE for intent to marry (which I know I included, and we had both printed the same letter, but on different dates and signed them. It also says "You may also submit copies of any evidence you have to establish your mutual intent to marry one another". What is this exactly?

No, not necessarily. You can print them out and then sign them, I think that's what most people do.

Maybe they just want a new letter of intent that's an original with a more recent date, showing you still wish to marry although your petition was sent months ago. I don't know what exactly could be used as evidence to establish your mutual intent to marry other than, well, the letter.

Maybe someone could help you out if you make a topic with the details of your RFE, I'm sure someone else got the same notice before.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'd think the statement from both of you would count for that...I mean, we don't even have receipts for wedding dress, venue, etc...why? Cause holy goodness trying to plot a move you're not sure when it'll happen and coordinate some big fancy wedding? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh goodness. NOT that ambitious.

LOL! Well I have bought a wedding dress ;) but I was kind of leaning towards it meaning statements as well. May I ask, did you handwrite your letters of intent or print them out? I'm actually waiting on a call back from USCIS now, hold time was 60 minutes ugh

Met: January 3, 2012

Engaged: February 26, 2012 heart.gif Alhumdulillah

First Visit: January 3, 2013 - March 3, 2013

I-129F Sent: 06/4/2013

NOA1 Received: 06/10/2013

RFE (Letter of Intent): 09/10/2013

RFE Reply: 09/23/2013

RFE Received: 09/25/2013

NOA2: 09/27/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/03/2013

109 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

Sent to NVC: 09/30/2013

NVC Received: 10/7/2013

Case Number Received: 10/8/2013 (was told our case was in "necessary administrative processing")

In Transit to Consulate: 10/9/2013

Case Received By Embassy(electronically): 10/11/2013

Physical Case Received by Embassy: 10/15/2013

Packet 3 Received: 11/4/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 11/10/2013

Packet 4 Received: 12/02/2013

Interview Date: 01/16/2014

Timeline

I'd think the statement from both of you would count for that...I mean, we don't even have receipts for wedding dress, venue, etc...why? Cause holy goodness trying to plot a move you're not sure when it'll happen and coordinate some big fancy wedding? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh goodness. NOT that ambitious.

Exactly, that'd be a bit too much to ask for since you're not even sure you're going to obtain the visa. And a receipt for a venue? Now that'd be crazy, none of us will have a set date until last minute... if anything you can send a receipt of the engagement ring, given you have one, but even that isn't mandatory.

Maybe if they'd like to send more stuff they could include chat logs and whatnot, showing they've been keeping in touch, but that's not what they're asking for...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours were typed and then originally signed on the bottom. Lol come on my handwriting is atrocious they'd rfe me for sure cause they wouldn't be able to read my chicken scratch! Lol

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

we signed and dated every photo document (beyond the date,location and names for every photo) we sent as well as everything else just to state that all of the photos are true. If there was a group of people in the photo (like a family wedding or a get together) I highlighted the two of us with stars and named everyone in the photo.

I hope I dint get an RFE for having lack of proof. my boarding passes and bagged receipts fade over 5 years. I hope they could read the dates ok. I highlighted everything the needed to look - dates, location, names.

I don't know what they want. I guess we will find out.

Timeline

we signed and dated every photo document (beyond the date,location and names for every photo) we sent as well as everything else just to state that all of the photos are true. If there was a group of people in the photo (like a family wedding or a get together) I highlighted the two of us with stars and named everyone in the photo.

I hope I dint get an RFE for having lack of proof. my boarding passes and bagged receipts fade over 5 years. I hope they could read the dates ok. I highlighted everything the needed to look - dates, location, names.

I don't know what they want. I guess we will find out.

We did the same. Sent 3 pictures of us, photocopies of entry stamps,flight tickets and my ESTA showing I was staying at his place. We also highlighted names and dates on the flight tickets, so it'd be faster for them to notice and make sure everything checks out.

I feel like we sent everything but we're still waiting so I'm getting a bit paranoid over time -useless, I know.

Edited by J & L

Intent to marry is the statement from each of you (like the templates people were referring to)..not proof of relationship. That is the proof of having met in 2 years (receipts, boarding passes, pictures, etc).

All we sent in were a couple boarding passes from trips (I only had a couple saved from 2 different trips), photocopies of passports stamps, flight itineraries, 2-3 pics from each trip (pictures are only secondary evidence...boarding passes..passport stamps, etc are more important), & credit card statements from one trip showing we were in the same place at the same time. We sent a variety of proof from 4 different trips. We didn't get an RFE. We also signed EVERYTHING in black ink.. not thinking anything of it until afterwards when I heard it is better to do it in blue. I was kinda worried about that, but there was no problem with it. I wouldn't recommend it though, probably just depends on who deals with your case! But for packet 3 I am signing in blue ink juuust incase :)

Also it would be sortof pointless to send in venues booked..honestly who would pay for anything like that right now with the chance of it not happening in time!

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

J & L, like I said, I'm pretty sure the cubicle monkey who got your petition must have just gone on vacation or something :(

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Timeline

I hope not... case files with close numbers to mines have been getting RFEs and NOA2 from the 29th of August until the 12th, which was yesterday. I know at this point case numbers don't mean a thing, as it doesn't necessarily mean my case is in the same pile as those but I'm kinda losing hope here.
Hate to see applications sent after mines getting approved, I just wish they'd at least follow some kind of criteria to approve them or that it was easier to predict our NOA2. Fingers crossed for next week, I guess... still confused on what happens and how after the NOA2. ._.

Now I'm paranoid. I feel like everyone around me is getting approved.

It will come :) I don't think they do it in 'order' like they claim.

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I really want to cry right now..my rfe on august 15 was the letter of intent..i was hoping to receive the noa2 and today barely i get an email for another rfe! Im ready to give up on this!

I really want to cry right now..my rfe on august 15 was the letter of intent..i was hoping to receive the noa2 and today barely i get an email for another rfe! Im ready to give up on this

:(:(:(

What exactly did you send back for your letter of intent?

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

:(:(:(

What exactly did you send back for your letter of intent?

:( this types,and signed,i dont remebmber if black or blue ink

08/20/2013

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, Solange Lucia Reznik do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry Victor Damian Tolosa , and intend to do so within 90 days of his arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

Solange Reznik

sad.png this types,and signed,i dont remebmber if black or blue ink

08/20/2013

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, Solange Lucia Reznik do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry Victor Damian Tolosa , and intend to do so within 90 days of his arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

Solange Reznik

Did you also send one from him stating his intent to marry you withing 90 days of his arrival?

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.