995 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Salt Lake City is only a day from me now...and a day from where I will be lol. Went to Park City about a year ago for a wedding. But yeah. Long drive, even at the halfway for you and your family!

Yeah the international student fees are insane. No doubt about that!!

You and me both with the AOS. Not used to sitting idle that's for sure!!

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

No. Lol that's why Jesse and I are pretty much doing the city hall type legal marriage. We can do some ceremony after we get settled. There's too many variables for us. When will the visa get approved? When will my house sell? Lets not add in the extra panic of only a couple months to plan/invite/get family uber-offended...

Same here, we decided to do the city hall marriage.. i just cant deal with the added pressure of trying to plan a quick wedding on top of all this. I don't have a huge family so will just have a nice dinner afterwards with close family and friends. Then as soon as he's allowed to leave the country again we're gonna have a reception for his huge family in India... for someone who's shy and hates attention that will def be interesting for me to get through lol..

Timeline

Ugh I'm in a similar boat with the don't like being center of attention

And yet, my sister is already creeping on wedding dresses and trying to hijack things and oi.

I just find it funny that not that long ago, it was "why can't you find a nice Canadian boy? You're obviously not trying! What's wrong with you?" To "oh you need a big wedding! And big dress! And you MUST invite family that honestly you have no use for...and have THESE family members you haven't even spoken to in years as part of the ceremony..."

Holy #######. Cause just the massive move/getting used to living with Jesse and trying to figure myself out around there isn't going to be stressful enough...

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Timeline

Sorry. The above post was ranty. How to tell I'm a wee bit dysfunctional with the family...

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Ahh, how I wish Salt Lake was only a day away from me!

Also, it's okay to rant here, this is a great place to do that! I have some family members who aren't impressed about the idea of me moving so far away.. they think I should stay here where my family is. But that's not always the way life works! I tried the whole local guy thing, never worked out for me. I guess American guys are the way to go eh?! :P

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Timeline

Lol they sure are ;) what's that aboot lol. well hey, you'll only be a day from me so worse comes to worse we could get together, have poutine, maybe mock up some beavertails or tourtière...lol.

Ugh. Extended family is a whole other ball of wax. My Oma (dad's mom...yep she's Dutch) is always "when are you coming home you belong here"

(Meanwhile here being Ottawa area. Though I've lived there for parts of my life, I wasn't born there, and I don't feel much a connection for there. It's not home to me and never has been!)

There's a reason I moved out to Alberta eight years ago...plentiful jobs was just the icing on the cake lol!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Haha yess poutine! Yummm. I will miss having easy access to that stuff when I move to the States.

Hopefully the family will get used to it after awhile & accept it! That's what I'm hoping. :)

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Timeline

Lol Jesse still refuses to try it. Wuss. ;)

Yay I have a poutine buddy!!!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Timeline

Ugh I'm in a similar boat with the don't like being center of attention

And yet, my sister is already creeping on wedding dresses and trying to hijack things and oi.

I just find it funny that not that long ago, it was "why can't you find a nice Canadian boy? You're obviously not trying! What's wrong with you?" To "oh you need a big wedding! And big dress! And you MUST invite family that honestly you have no use for...and have THESE family members you haven't even spoken to in years as part of the ceremony..."

Holy #######. Cause just the massive move/getting used to living with Jesse and trying to figure myself out around there isn't going to be stressful enough...

Exactly! Getting married & adjusting to that is gonna be stressful enough not to mention everything else. I already had an Aunt (who I never speak to) get angry cus before I was officially engaged I referred to my other half as my "fiance" on facebook.. She was so upset, but she has never been a part of my life. She never calls, never visits but I had to apoligize for not telling her ahead of time! Lol family can really be stressful when ur getting married. :/

Timeline

Lol they sure are ;) what's that aboot lol. well hey, you'll only be a day from me so worse comes to worse we could get together, have poutine, maybe mock up some beavertails or tourtière...lol.

Ugh. Extended family is a whole other ball of wax. My Oma (dad's mom...yep she's Dutch) is always "when are you coming home you belong here"

(Meanwhile here being Ottawa area. Though I've lived there for parts of my life, I wasn't born there, and I don't feel much a connection for there. It's not home to me and never has been!)

There's a reason I moved out to Alberta eight years ago...plentiful jobs was just the icing on the cake lol!

Wow you guys are speaking a whole other language! Lol whats poutine & beavertails!? (im scared to find out about that one!) lol

Timeline

Hahaha! Poutine is French fries, covered in cheese curds and gravy.

Beavertails is not actual tail of beaver, it's a pastry. Tasty goodness!!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Timeline

Lol I like your thinking Allymash!! ;)

Ooh! Don't forget the Nanaimo bars!!!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Yesss nanaimo bars.. soo good! I like the sounds of a poutine feast!

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Timeline

haha, I love our plotting.

Heck, we may be a LITTLE off the topic of the "hey we filed in x month" but come on, if the random conversation makes the time go by...AWESOME! am I right? We're all in this together my friends!

Anyways, now that I'm on a big kid computer with big kid internet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeaverTails I present to you...BEAVERTAILS!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.