995 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We got our NOA2 a couple of days before you guys did.

It's making me paranoid to see people getting approved so quickly, especially ones who filed after us, while we wait. Did we send everything? Don't they like us? Ahhh!

Maybe this week will be our lucky week. *fingers crossed*

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Enter your number in the case status/ receipt number box on the top left.

Understood that this is where you can check on the status of your own case, but where can you see the case numbers of others in relation to your own? Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Understood that this is where you can check on the status of your own case, but where can you see the case numbers of others in relation to your own? Thanks

You just have to count backwards or forwards from the last digit of your case number....my last four digits are 1299. So I will just go type in 1298 or go forward to 1300. You can go back as far as you want...but I usually just look at the previous 2 or 3

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Timeline

You just have to count backwards or forwards from the last digit of your case number....my last four digits are 1299. So I will just go type in 1298 or go forward to 1300. You can go back as far as you want...but I usually just look at the previous 2 or 3

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It's making me paranoid to see people getting approved so quickly, especially ones who filed after us, while we wait. Did we send everything? Don't they like us? Ahhh!

I already do this but I saw people were able to see the status of other applicants before and after them. How are they able to see this?

I just checked the 2 numbers before me were touched....I am hoping my case is next!! come on CSC!!

Timeline

I already do this but I saw people were able to see the status of other applicants before and after them. How are they able to see this?

I just checked the 2 numbers before me were touched....I am hoping my case is next!! come on CSC!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Ok so I have not had much luck finding people going through the Barbados embassy. But my problem is, my fiance has been told by the health center in Dominica that they are unable to locate his health/shot record. Will they have to give him ALL of the shots that day? Or is the lack of record going to be a problem? Any advice would be appreciated! We are still waiting for noa2. I'm just trying to be proactive.

s-event.pngs-event.png

s-event.png

Timeline

Thanks for the tip. I found something interesting that I thought maybe someone might have a comment on. I am relatively new to all of this so if this is a redundant question, I apologize in advance. Many of the cases around mine have been touched last week...either approved or RFE.(mine is in bold...June filer) Anything to be read into this? (probably not but...never hurts to ask)

xxxxxxxx27570 I129F Initial Review

xxxxxxxx27571 I129F Initial Review
xxxxxxxx27572 I129F Approved 8-27
xxxxxxxx27573 I129F Approved 8-27

xxxxxxxx27574 I129F RFE 8-26
xxxxxxxx27575 I129F RFE 8-26
xxxxxxxx27576 I129F Initial Review
xxxxxxxx27577 I129F RFE 8-28
xxxxxxxx27578 I129F RFE 8-27
xxxxxxxx27579 I129F Initial Review
xxxxxxxx27580 I765 Initial Review

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks for the tip. I found something interesting that I thought maybe someone might have a comment on. I am relatively new to all of this so if this is a redundant question, I apologize in advance. Many of the cases around mine have been touched last week...either approved or RFE.(mine is in bold...June filer) Anything to be read into this? (probably not but...never hurts to ask)

Thanks in advance!

I know!! Same what happened with mine too, although it's 2 that got approval (approved in July), 2 got RFE (but 1 of them it's said processed in VSC) and 1 got denial. Then the rest including mine are still in initial review in TSC.

They really doing this in random.. Meanwhile many July filers got approved first :( Oh boy :'(

Timeline

Thanks in advance!

Anything to be read into that? Wouldn't count on it, been waiting since the first week of June and there's people getting approved way faster than us.

Be patient and keep in mind that, at this point ,your case number is just a number and they aren't following any kind of order. :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

The case two numbers "after" ours got an RFE only 3 days after our NOA1 date. I'm not even sure these case numbers are issued sequentially... how could their case # be "after" us and get an RFE only 3 days after our NOA1? Seems like their NOA1 would have to be before ours (by quite a bit). All other K1 case numbers around ours are still in initial review. We're in the July 9 batch of transfers from VSC to TSC. At this point it does seem quite random so all we can do is wait and hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I checked the 20 case numbers before and after mine and none of them are for K1 visas. They are all for applications for protected status. Has anyone else seen this? I hope mine didn't get sent to the wrong department for filing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I checked the 20 case numbers before and after mine and none of them are for K1 visas. They are all for applications for protected status. Has anyone else seen this? I hope mine didn't get sent to the wrong department for filing.

That is completely normal. The USCIS processes other peitions as well as I-129f. I once went through 200-300 case numbers before I got to another batch of I-129f's

K-1 Journey

06/13/2013 - I-129f sent

06/17/2013 - I-129f received

06/20/2013 - NOA1

06/21/2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

06/27/2013 - Received hard copy of NOA1 in the post

08/26/2013 - NOA2

09/05/2013 - NOA2 (hardcopy)

10/10/2013 - Called DOS and got NVC case number (no notifications to say it had been sent)

10/11/2013 - NVC sent case to consulate

10/17/2013 - Consulate received

10/23/2013 - Packet 3 received

10/31/2013 - DS 160 Application submitted and sent to the embassy via post11/06/2013 - Fiance has medical

12/16/2013 - Embassy Interview, Approved!

06/04/2014 - POE Seattle SEATAC airport

07/05/2014 - I-485 and EAD received

08/29/2014 - Advance Parole approved

09/05/2014 - EAD approved

07/02/2015 - I-485 denied

07/17/2015 I-290b MTR sent in

Timeline

As long as it says YOUR case is for the I-129F/ K1 visa, then you're fine. Maybe the same place processes different kinds of visas and whatnot.

Wouldn't worry too much over it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.