Yaricris

K1 - Documents to send before the interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have my case number and I just received the instructions about the documents and the forms, that I have to send to the Consulate before they set up my interview. I am not sure if I have to send my valid passport already (they also request a copy of the biographic page) or just to present to them in the interview. The instructions are not so clear.

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Now I'm confused. Reading the instructions at the website (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/brazil/571295/pdfs/Instr_amp_Carta-Entrev-Noiva-Port-Sept12.pdf) they say NOT to send to documents to them, but bring them on the interview. Can you tell us which documents they asked you to send to them?

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Timeline

They sent us an email with the instructions, which is a little bit different of the informations at the website. Today I went to the consulate and I decided to keep my passport, I sent a certified copy (as they asked). They have 10 business day to check the documents and if is everything ok they will set up the interview.

Sorry about my English smile.png

Timeline

They sent us an email with the instructions, which is a little bit different of the informations at the website. Today I went to the consulate and I decided to keep my passport, I sent a certified copy (as they asked). They have 10 business day to check the documents and if is everything ok they will set up the interview.

Sorry about my English smile.png

I emailed them with our case number, and they emailed me a link to their embassy website, and also sent a letter to my Brazilian Fiancee, telling her to go to the website, and her interview date.

They asked you to send something before they would schedule your interview? Our interview will be July 2nd.

I don't understand why yours would be different than mine...the process.

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Timeline

Oh. That explains a lot! Sorry, I saw the country was set to Brazil and assumed it was de Rio de Janeiro consulate. Sorry xD

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

My fiance is in Argentina, but I was told to bring everything with you, and to not send them anything. They'll get their case file information from USCIS/Visa Center. They'll want you to bring your medical documents (DO NOT OPEN THE MEDICAL RESULTS, IT NEEDS TO STAY SEALED OR IT'S INVALID), and any necessary supporting documents.

If you're not sure, do both, you can scan/copy what you need and fax/mail them with your case #, but no matter what so not ever mail originals, and bring everything with you in case they ask for it in your interview.

2013-03-29: Paid for a service through RapidVisa & began to prepare paperwork.
2013-04-11: Sent all the necessary documents to RapidVisa for review.
2013-04-12: Signed my application in red ink, so I had to overnight RapidVisa my application signed in BLUE ink.
2013-04-15: RapidVisa reviewed my application, found no fault and sent the I-129F Application to the Texas Lockbox.
2013-04-17: Electronic notification that the application was forwarded to the VT Service center.
2013-04-19: NOA-1 Received (snail mail) with the wrong country of birth for the foreign Partner. Notice date was 2013-04-15.

2013-04-19: Electronic Notification Received that an Alien Registration Number (ARN) was assigned to Foreign Partner.
2013-04-22: Called USCIS and corrected the typographical error on the NOA1.
2013-04-30: Received notification that the typographical error on the NOA1 has been corrected in the electronic system, but the error was minor and will not affect my application, as it is still valid.

... Waiting ...

Timeline

Hi Junior. They told me (by email and by regular mail) to send the copies and the forms. I did it yesterday, but I kept the originals.Now I just have to wait for the date of the interview.

Thanks for respond to me.

Regards!

Timeline

Instructions that I received:

"This office is pleased to announce that we have received your petitions for a non-immigrant visa "k1/k3" so that you may to travel to US to get married with your fiance(e) (k1 visa), or to live with your spouse (k3 visa).

In order to have the final interview before the US consul, please read the instructions below and follow them carefully.

FIRST: Complete and send us form DS-230 Part I and 1 photo (see instructions attached)

SECOND: Gather all the documents mentioned below that apply to your case. Please check the box on left once you have gathered the document and send us by mail a copy of each of the documents requested together with this form. Once we have received and checked your copies, we will schedule your appointment with the Immigrant visa consul. On the day of the interview with the consul, you will have to present ALL the originals documents.

IMPORTANT; THE APPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE SCHEDULE UNTIL YOU SEND US THE COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BELOW:"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

"This office is pleased to announce that we have received your petitions for a non-immigrant visa "k1/k3" so that you may to travel to US to get married with your fiance(e) (k1 visa), or to live with your spouse (k3 visa).

In order to have the final interview before the US consul, please read the instructions below and follow them carefully.

FIRST: Complete and send us form DS-230 Part I and 1 photo (see instructions attached)

SECOND: Gather all the documents mentioned below that apply to your case. Please check the box on left once you have gathered the document and send us by mail a copy of each of the documents requested together with this form. Once we have received and checked your copies, we will schedule your appointment with the Immigrant visa consul. On the day of the interview with the consul, you will have to present ALL the originals documents.

IMPORTANT; THE APPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE SCHEDULE UNTIL YOU SEND US THE COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BELOW:"

Sounds to me like you need to mail or fax them copies, but I would definitely bring the originals with you in case they need to see them.

I made a thread here, which has some sample K1 interview questions on the first post, which I pulled from a few different sites, if you're looking for info on that.

Good luck and keep us updated!

2013-03-29: Paid for a service through RapidVisa & began to prepare paperwork.
2013-04-11: Sent all the necessary documents to RapidVisa for review.
2013-04-12: Signed my application in red ink, so I had to overnight RapidVisa my application signed in BLUE ink.
2013-04-15: RapidVisa reviewed my application, found no fault and sent the I-129F Application to the Texas Lockbox.
2013-04-17: Electronic notification that the application was forwarded to the VT Service center.
2013-04-19: NOA-1 Received (snail mail) with the wrong country of birth for the foreign Partner. Notice date was 2013-04-15.

2013-04-19: Electronic Notification Received that an Alien Registration Number (ARN) was assigned to Foreign Partner.
2013-04-22: Called USCIS and corrected the typographical error on the NOA1.
2013-04-30: Received notification that the typographical error on the NOA1 has been corrected in the electronic system, but the error was minor and will not affect my application, as it is still valid.

... Waiting ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves proceedings at the consular phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Weird! I'm going through Ukraine's consulate and all I did was get the NVC case number (in my case I was assigned a KEV********) Once I got the number we called the medical place and set up the exam. The same day she went and paid the $240 Visa fee at the bank on the website. Once we got the receipt number from that, I went and scheduled her interview. We haven't got one email yet from the Ukraine consulate nor any packages and already have our DS156, DS156K, and DS230 filled out. It was super simple and took all of one day. Some consulates you can pay the Visa fee online. We had to pay in person....big deal but now I'm also curious if we need to send in any documents before the interview. I downloaded the checklist and have all the documents ready but we are still waiting on an email. The whole K1 visa process has been really crappy about sending us emails and notices by mail. We only got an NOA1 email (no hard copy), and email that it was transferred from VSC to TSC, then we got a hard copy NOA2 (no email), no email or hard copy on NVC case number...hard to call everyday, no notice when our case was transferred to the Ukraine consulate and we are very worried we will receive nothing from them either like your post shows. So I need to write a post now asking for Ukraine consulate. Thanks...hope it all goes great for you two

Timeline

Hello everyone.

In fact each consulates has a different procedure. Here in Argentina I sent everything (copies) and the day of my interview they just check. I talked to 2 persons, first to a lady who asked me things about the documents (checking again) and the second was the consul. He was very nice and tue interview took 10 minutes maximum.

After one week I went to dhl to pick up my documents (passport and closed envelope).

I will travel soon.

I know that is not easy to wait, but think in positive, stay calm and close.

My best wishes!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.