besaangel

N-400 June 2013 Filers

963 posts in this topic

Got the yellow letter today asking to bring Driver's License at the time of the interview. Both me and my husband filed but only he got the yellow letter. What does this mean in terms of application moving forward?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Got the yellow letter today asking to bring Driver's License at the time of the interview. Both me and my husband filed but only he got the yellow letter. What does this mean in terms of application moving forward?

Thanks!

cool congrats! When's the interview scheduled for? Now I'm starting to get more anxious, since we've both had the same biometrics dates, but not got the interview nor the email you got on Aug 8th. ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

Happyindlove - where is your timeline? I didnt see it in the list. When was your biometrics? did you get this 2nd email that feastofroses got on Aug 8th?

One way of seeing this is that perhaps dallas is finally getting its logjam cleared and perhaps we migth be next?

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

cool congrats! When's the interview scheduled for? Now I'm starting to get more anxious, since we've both had the same biometrics dates, but not got the interview nor the email you got on Aug 8th. ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

Happyindlove - where is your timeline? I didnt see it in the list. When was your biometrics? did you get this 2nd email that feastofroses got on Aug 8th?

One way of seeing this is that perhaps dallas is finally getting its logjam cleared and perhaps we migth be next?

There is no interview news yet ! Also, I am wondering why only one of the two of us got the yellow letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There is no interview news yet ! Also, I am wondering why only one of the two of us got the yellow letter.

So that's a little wierd - you got a letter just asking you to bring your license??? Could you share a bit more as to what the letter says? also did you check your online status? did the date of last activity on it change?

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Yes, many don't get the yellow letter at all but getting one is also a normal course.

I found that out by reading past post in other month's timelines in this forum.

Though now I am wondering if me and my husband and would have separate dates for interview...since I haven't got the yellow letter.

Yes, many don't get the yellow letter at all but getting one is also a normal course.

I found that out by reading past post in other month's timelines in this forum.

Though now I am wondering if me and my husband and would have separate dates for interview...since I haven't got the yellow letter.

From what I read online, there are no guarantees you will be kept together, as I am sure you already read too. But I hope it works out that you ARE naturalized together. That would be special for you both. Plus it sure would be more convenient. Not sure how far you live from your USCIS field office, but in my wife's case it was a 7 hour trip to get there, and I hope you both wont have to make a similar long trip twice for interview and then twice for oath.

Sorry I dont know about what it means that one received the yellow letter and the other not. Let us know how it goes as you learn more.

Edited by Brijo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On August 23, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview.

Finally!

10/08/2007 - Marriage

RESIDENCE

06/08/2010 - AOS sent
06/15/2010 - Email confirmation (AOS received)
06/17/2010 - checks cashed
06/23/2010 - NOA's received
06/26/2010 - Biometrics letter
06/30/2010 - RFE (website)
07/08/2010 - I-130 touched
07/08/2010 - I-131 touched
07/09/2010 - Biometrics done
07/12/2010 - I-485 touched
07/12/2010 - I-765 touched
07/14/2010 - RFE letter (they asked for the taxes again)
07/21/2010 - RFE sent
07/23/2010 - USPS delivery confirmation
08/07/2010 - NOA for the Interview (09/08/2010)

09/08/2010 - Interview (APPROVED)

NATURALIZATION

06/20/2013 - Application for Naturalization sent

06/21/2013 - Email from USCIS stating that they received my case

06/28/2013 - Fingerprint letter sent

07/02/2013 - Fingerprint letter received

07/15/2013 - Fingerprints taken

Got the yellow letter for myself as well today. I am almost glad to get it coz that make sme feel me and husband are together run the application process :-). No news of the interview letter yet though!

Typing from iPad while walking didnt work out very well.....too many grmatic mistakes in my post above! Apologies!

I meant to say it almost makes me feel that me and husband are together in the application process!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone. Just got back from Pakistan. We have been scheduled for hubby's interview on Sept 10, 2013 at 8am. Please send positive vibes and prayers that since its early morning we may be able to get Oath Ceremony the same day. West Palm Beach sees so many immigrants daily, they do ceremonies several times a week. Please update the time line. Thanks everyone and best wishes to all!

Two weeks post-Citizenship and got the I-9s re-done at the places of employment, SSN changed and new card received in mail, first voter registration card received, FAFSA re-done as "citizen" and her schools already received the correction for financial aid, and her passport is still showing "in-process" and says it will take 4-6 weeks to completion.

So it all just sort of falls into place real smooth once you get that citizenship. Smooth sailing and open seas after that.

Jay2Pnoy,

Thank you and good luck with your interview!

I am an August filer, and I am following both of you guys, as my field office is Chicago, Il too. Just wondering if any of you having an interview in Peoria, Il. If not, where is your scheduled place for interview. Hope you guys don't mind me asking. Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.