St&Sv

The Scattered Crew of VSC

70 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I spoke to tier-2 today, yes after waiting for an hour, and wanted to know where exactly my file is? service center or field office? He initially said it didn't matter where it is but insisted I wanted to know. He more or less started to interview me by asking the following questions;

What is your full name and date of birth

fiance full name and date of birth

Has my fiancee ever been to the US

How did we meet and when was the last time we saw each other

After answering all the questions, he put me on hold for about ten minutes. He came back and told me that my case is now in TSC and they will contact me when decision is made or when they need more information.

Because of this information from the officer, I have updated my service center from VSC to TSC.

Isn't that weird that he would start asking all those questions? I mean I get the names and birthdates, maybe to verify you are who you say, but what about the rest? Is that normal for calling them? Does that mean he had your file right in front of him and was checking it? Or was he just being annoying? Or being friendly?

I was thinking about calling them soon as well, but everything I read suggests there would be no point because they would probably be rude or completely vague and unhelpful, and in the end I would just be told "wait another 30 days." It will be 6.5 months if I wait another 30 days... :(

We met when Heather travelled to Egypt to be an au pair!

Our K1 Visa Journey:

12/19/12- NOA1 -VSC

--- moved to "another office" 5/24/13

--- moved to "local office" 5/29/13

--- "is now being processed at a USCIS office" 5/30/13 ... what??

5/30/13- Transfer to TSC

6/18/13- NOA2

7/16/13- NVC Assigned Case #

7/29/13- Case Arrived at Embassy

7/31/13- Packet 3 Received (completed and sent back in 5 days)

1/16/14- Interview Assigned

1/21/14- Interview

2/03/14- Visa Issued!!

4/09/14- Entry into America (JFK)

4/23/14- MARRIED in local courthouse

4/29/14- AoS packet completed and mailed

5/02/14- NoA for AoS received

5/09/14- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

6/04/14- Biometrics Appointment

7/30/14- EAD/AP Combo Card Received in Mail

Need help with your visa but don't want to pay expensive legal fees? Take an online course --> www.myvisaclassroom.com

Isn't that weird that he would start asking all those questions? I mean I get the names and birthdates, maybe to verify you are who you say, but what about the rest? Is that normal for calling them? Does that mean he had your file right in front of him and was checking it? Or was he just being annoying? Or being friendly?

I was thinking about calling them soon as well, but everything I read suggests there would be no point because they would probably be rude or completely vague and unhelpful, and in the end I would just be told "wait another 30 days." It will be 6.5 months if I wait another 30 days... sad.png

Well, when i called this past week, the man asked me all of those questions too, im sure just to verify information, and yes, im sure there is some info on the computer screen in front of them, how else would they be able to answer any questions from the people calling in...but they are just reps answering questions the best they can, and they are not the people who approve...and my phone call got me a service request!!!!

It will not hurt to call in, but i will tell you this, someone in the other post said they got their letter today saying that they got transferred to Texas, so im thinking its a safe bet to say we all went to Texas.

Lets just hope that we get approvals soon, like next week, lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

noa1 on 2/7/13 - ours hasn't transferred and appears to still be at VSC.

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
** transferred with 2nd group from VSC to TSC in late June
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
8/16/13 - Shipped from TSC
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
9/27/13 - CEAC Status Update
10/02/13 - DS-260 mailed in
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/12/13 - Another call to DoS and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
Hurray for Patron Saint of Immigrants - Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!
11/14/13 - INTERVIEW --- APPROVED!!!!!
11/19 & 11/20 - CEAC date update, but still at "Ready".
11/21 - CEAC Creation Date & Notice Changed.
11/22 - CEAC AP
11/25 - CEAC ISSUED -- yay!!
11/27 - DoS Shipment Notice (email) in AM. Pickup ready email sent in PM.
11/28 - Steven picks up docs from Bridgend - Happy Thanksgiving!
12/15/13 - Arrival in US. POE: JFK. (Heathrow - JKF - Richmond, VA by evening)
Getting Married in January with small ceremony.
Dream Beach Wedding with both families June 21, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was thinking about calling them soon as well, but everything I read suggests there would be no point because they would probably be rude or completely vague and unhelpful, and in the end I would just be told "wait another 30 days." It will be 6.5 months if I wait another 30 days... sad.png

It was very wired but I wasn't bothered as long as I was getting what I wanted. I am sure the tier-2 people are USCIS officers so I guess I took him seriously,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Got the hard copy of the transfer notice. The date of the notice is May 29 and it says it was transferred to TSC.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Got the hard copy of the transfer notice on June 1st. The date of the notice is May 29 and it says it was transferred to TSC Also have the A# for beneficiary on the Notice

same thing on my letter...cant help but be excited about this!!!

NOA1 January 17th 2013

Also got the three transfer messages, not sure where our petition is now but maybe Texas? Still waiting on the letter to explain it!

I-229f petition sent: January 11th 2013

Visa in hand: 16th October

Fly to America! Saturday 19th October! :D

Adjustment of Status:

I-485 filed: January 24th 2014

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received: May 15th

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

NOA1 January 17th 2013

Also got the three transfer messages, not sure where our petition is now but maybe Texas? Still waiting on the letter to explain it!

I'm pretty sure it's sitting in Texas with the rest of us. I just got my letter yesterday so I would expect you should get one today or at least in the next few days.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I got mine yesterday but the find the content of the letter to be disengenious when it says" our record indicate that we don't have jurisdiction of this case". After five months to know this? They should just tell us the truth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got notice of transfer. However it says my receipt date is 12/27! Before it was 01/02/2013. Anybody else's change?

I didn't notice it until you brought it up, but mine changed as well.... my original was 1/4, but this one says 1/7... lol.. looks like good ol USCIS pulling ish outta thier rears again!!

4/5/12- Met in Jamaica
6/9/12- 2nd trip to Jamaica
11/18/12- 3rd trip to Jamaica
11/24/12- Engaged heart.gif
12/31/12- Filed I-129f
1/4/13- NOA1
1/15/13- Alien registration number changed
2/27/13- 4th trip to Jamaica, 1st time with my daughter

5/24/13- Email/Text Notification that case was transferred to another office...

5/29/13- Email/Text Notification that case was transferred to local office....

5/30/13- Email/Text Notification that case was received and being processed at TSC...

6/19/13- 5th trip to Jamaica for my loves birthday!!

6/26/13- APPROVED biggrin.png

7/16/13- Email/Text Notification that case was sent to the NVC

7/22/13- Sent to consulate

7/23/13- Received by consulate

7/23/13- Sent DS230

7/31/13- Received interview date

8/20/13- Medical

9/3/13- INTERVIEW!!! (Wrongfully refused stating the need for co-sponsor)ranting33va.gif

9/24/13- Tax transcripts sent verifying income (return & W2 sent originally)

10/8/13- APPROVED!! dancin5hr.gif

10/15/13- Dropped off passport at Embassy
10/17/13- Issued

10/23/13- Picked up passport from DHL

10/27/13- POE Charlotte!!

1/16/2014- We're Married!!

2/24/14- Filed AOS/EAD/AP

3/25/14- Biometrics

4/30/14- EAD & AP Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

has anyone called the Texas services center? I saw someone tried and was told they could not give her any answers about processing times because the TSC doesn't track those? With someone from Vermont getting approved today with NOA1 date of 1/18/213, I would hate for our petitions to be brushed aside. I'm so exhausted with the run around.mad.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.