goodlucklife

Transferred file from vsc to Texas got touched today!!!!!!

2,730 posts in this topic

My fiance just called USCIS and when he put our case number in, we got an automatic recording saying "On May 29th, we transferred your case to our local field office at St Albans, Vermont" and said to call back if we don't get a letter in 30 days.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

My case got transferred may 24 to "another" office and on may 29 transferred to a "local" office.

I just called USCIS, Jeffrey(who was very nice) assisted me with this call, and he ended up putting in a service request for me. He said that there are indeed 2 offices in St. Albans(which is where the automated system said my case got transferred back to), and he was a bit confused himself with this issue, he said it could have been a glitch in the system, but otherwise he did put in a service request for me, and he said there is nothing wrong with my case, it all looked good. So im hoping for the best...anyone else put in a service request?? and if so, does your case possibly get approved faster?

Did you get to Tier 2?

I just called and tried to do the same, but he wouldn't do a service request since my case wasn't at 6 months, yet. Said I had to call back June 18th for a Service Request.

He also said his system didn't have the location of cases? I was surprised to get someone on the phone so fast. My hold time was 30 seconds.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I just called and heard the same message. It's confusing whether they are referring to the VSC (located in St. Albans, VT) or the St. Albans field office. If you look at the field office info for St. Albans on the USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eccb149067313310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=050d6c94d87c6210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD, it says this field office is only open on Wednesdays and is closed all other days. So did they transfer what seems like hundreds of cases to a small field office that is only open 1 day a week? This all seems very odd.

Did you get to Tier 2?

I just called and tried to do the same, but he wouldn't do a service request since my case wasn't at 6 months, yet. Said I had to call back June 18th for a Service Request.

He also said his system didn't have the location of cases? I was surprised to get someone on the phone so fast. My hold time was 30 seconds.

It was Tier 1 ...he was very nice and i just told him that i would like to know where my case is now...that it, in 5 days, has said 3 different things. may 24 transferred, then may 29, transferred to local office, then when i called in this morning the recording said it was in St. Albans Vermont...he used that for the reason for my service request.

Congressman Wilson's representative got back to us today and said she became aware of this issue on Tuesday when dealing with someone else's case, and she has now left a voice mail and e-mailed the congressional liaison for USCIS at Washington D.C to get some more answers and an estimated approval timeframe for our petition. My fella is replying now informing her of these other "Local Field Office" updates yesterday.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

It was Tier 1 ...he was very nice and i just told him that i would like to know where my case is now...that it, in 5 days, has said 3 different things. may 24 transferred, then may 29, transferred to local office, then when i called in this morning the recording said it was in St. Albans Vermont...he used that for the reason for my service request.

I told him the same, but I didn't check the recording. I just called back and put my number in for the recording (the last time I called I didnt put a number in and just gave it to the rep). My recording also says St. Albans, but I live in Atlanta, Georgia.

I told him the same, but I didn't check the recording. I just called back and put my number in for the recording (the last time I called I didnt put a number in and just gave it to the rep). My recording also says St. Albans, but I live in Atlanta, Georgia.

I live near Pittsburgh PA!!!! Vermont, Go figure! I hope that the service request does some good. I wish you luck too in your venture!

They were telling us ours was Sent to Texas and they would be working on october 15 and it could Take 60 more days.... Sure......

ROC:

Jul, 2016  NOA1

Aug, 2016 biometrics 

I called back and told them about the recording being different than the notice I received and he filled out something for an immigration officer to look at it (tier 2 I am assuming). He said I would need to call back in 2-3 hours to talk to someone at tier 2, so I choose the option that someone would call me back in 3-5 days.

I called back and told them about the recording being different than the notice I received and he filled out something for an immigration officer to look at it (tier 2 I am assuming). He said I would need to call back in 2-3 hours to talk to someone at tier 2, so I choose the option that someone would call me back in 3-5 days.

yes, you have a service request in now too!!! hope this does something good for us!

Filed: Timeline

I also put in a service request, but yesterday when I still believed the petition was in Texas, as I was told by the tier 2 rep. When I called again today to find out why it was back in Vermont I didn't get anywhere - I think once you get them to put a service request in thats about the extent of the power they have and you just have to wait the 2 weeks for the "target date". I was so annoyed I hung up on the guy, probably not good for my case but I didn't care at the time!! Dec 20th filer, VSC and now also in St Albans via Texas... this just gets more and more ridiculous by the day. Won't we all be happy when we have our NOA2s and can laugh about how silly this whole thing is!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Now I am totally confused... Just spoke to a person at the uscis... She says that indeed our files ARE sent to our local office and nor St. Albans. She has seen this before with I 129 f and 130

she suggest calling you local office ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.