Ruticus14d

Affidavit of Support Help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Ok, so our I-129F was approved and is going to be at the NVC shortly. That means that I am going to have to fill out an affidavit of support. My only problem is this.... I am a full time student and make almost no money other than sergeants pay in the National Guard. My parents are more than financially able are willing to help me out. I read the instructions on the form and I am confused. How do we do this? A joint sponsorship? Do they have to file a separate form? If so how do we deliniate between my and their affidavits?

Also... what else is the NVC going to require of me for her to enter the country on a K-3 nonimm. visa? The AOS form only mentions cases dealing with immigrant visas. Will I even have to file the AOS now or when she is in the US trying to adjust her status? Any help would be enormously helpful. Thanks much and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Edited by Ruticus14d

9/25/06 - Sent I-129F to Chicago Office

9/27/06 - NOA Petition Received

10/23/06 - Petition Sent to Vermont Service Center

11/06/06 - NOA Petion Received

11/09/06 - Touched

I-129F APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same day as our I-130 11/18/06

12/06/06 - Consulate sent out packet 3.

12/27/06 - Packet 3 received (slow South African mail system)

1/11/07 - Sent in checklist to consulate

1/19/07 - Received call from consular officer notifying her of her interview date.

2/14/07 - Interview at consulate in Joburg. (fingers crossed)

2/14/07 - VISA APPROVED!!!!

Totals figures from NOA1 to interview date: 133 days or 3,192 hours or 191,520 minutes or 11,491,200 seconds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are doing a K-3 visa, So if the K-3 reaches the consulate you will provide an I-134 and your parent will also provide an I-134 showing that your wife wont become a charge of the state.

For the I-130 you will file an I-864 and if you are still in the same household with your parents, then they file and I-864A, and if you are not in the same household as parents then they file and I-864 along with yours to the NVC and if the I-130 visa reaches the consulate before or around the same time as the I-129F then you will need to send copies of the I-864 forms to your wife for the interview.

Useful info:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Timeline

Both you and your parents will have to complete I-134 Affidavits. You as the spouse are the primary sponsor, your father or mother is the joint sponsor. Fill in 2 forms, and send all the appropriate documents with it. Letter of employment, pay stubs, bank letter/statements, etc etc etc...

If you are living with your parents, their income will have to be sufficient to 125% of the poverty guidelines for a household size of however many are in the house. If you don't live with your parents, then their income will need to be sufficient for 125% of poverty for their household size, +1, your wife.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Reba,

Not for a K visa. The parents will be the sponsor, whether or not Ruticus submits financial information, since Ruticus does not qualify to sponsor.

You are thinking of the rules for immigrant visas and adjustment of status, neither of which is the case here.

Yodrak

Both you and your parents will have to complete I-134 Affidavits. You as the spouse are the primary sponsor, your father or mother is the joint sponsor. .....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Please anyone can answer my questions about I-134?

Should I enter the market value or the purchase price for "my real estate"?

How to answer Q11 "I intent/do not intent to make specific contribution...."

Thanks

Q11 ON the lines indicate N/A "K-3 Visa petition" This line has to do with temporary visitors, and K visas are non-immigrant with intention to immigrate.

Market value, and you will need some documentation to prove value.

One suggestion, Guangzhou is very particular about the financial evidence included with I-134 form, If your income is sufficient to exceed the 125% poverty line, DON'T include anything more such as assets, if you do they will start asking many questions about them, and I read all the time on Candle For Love forum about Guangzhou giving blue slips for the proof of asset values.

So send I-134, Tax return data (3 years transcripts, free from IRS), Letter from employer, and recent Pay stubs. Only use assets if you fall below the 125% line.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.